Prayers for 10 yr-old Coulter Hnatt

34,619 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dubi
mhnatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My apologies for a possible ill-placed post, but we are asking for prayers for my 10yr-old son Coulter Hnatt who has been fighting brain cancer and is about to go into surgery early tomorrow at LeBonehur (which does all the surgeries for St Jude's in Memphis).

Some here may remember when he was diagnosed at age 4 (6 years ago next week). Many recurrences and spreading into the spine has led him for treatment all across the US though Aggieland is still our residence and our home.

This will be Coulter's 9th surgery. He has had 6 different radiation treatments (about 91 sessions), almost 60 MRIs, and multiple chemos , but one would never know this if they met him. His "never give up" attitude is contagious and always remains happy through this all. He wants to be healed and return home to College Station.

This new progression of his cancer is his most challenging yet and he needs your prayers. In respect to this forum I won't make further posts but you can follow Coulter's story and updates at https://facebook.com/prayforcoulter

Thank you so much and God Bless

Mike Hnatt (Coulter's dad)

MosesHallRAB83
AG
Kick some cancer butt Coulter.

After that butt kicking update, I expect the next one to be here's Coulter's Fighting Texas Aggie grad pics.
Cancelled
AG
Praying for him
csnole
We are continuing to pray for you precious Coulter!! You are such a strong kid!
BVMom
Been following him on facebook/

Dear God,
Wrap Coulter in your healing arms. Give him your love, hope, and complete healing. Amen!
TexasAggie_02
AG
Best wishes!
AggiePlaya
AG
Praying for you
RGRAg1/75
AG
Prayers for Coulter, you and your family. Put it all in His hands, friend, and put a smile on for your boy.
OnlyANobody
Sweet Coulter. I follow his Facebook feed and keep him close to my heart. I'll never forget when you shared his "date" with his mom, so he could have an evening like he saw the two of you have - and the outpouring of kindness from fellow Aggielanders. We're cheering for this baby of yours, his lovely sisters and your whole family.
Kitten With A Whip
Sending prayers for your sweet Coulter and your family!
Buford T. Justice
AG
Praying
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
BlueMiles
AG
Praying for your family and his care team.
AgSportsFan
AG
Prayers
mwm
Prayers lifted to Jehovah Rapha, the God that heals.
gus1390
AG
prayers
Aggie 509th
AG
Prayers lifted for Colton and your family.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Best wishes op.

Cancer has been nonstop in my family in recent years so I can imagine the challenge. Although w kids involved it's a different kinds pain and challenge. Hang in there.
thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
F*%$ cancer.
Prayers sent!

Jarrad McLeod'03
Aggie Owned and Operated by Jarrad and Elisha McLeod Class of 2003 and 2006! The Official Mattress Provider of TexAgs!
AggieMom_38
Prayers to Coulter. Thinking about you all today and always!
ARMY77
AG
Thoughts and prayers!
emtes
AG
Praying for Coulter as well as you and the rest of the family.

BTHO cancer, Coulter!
OnlyANobody
Since Mike indicated that he'd let the thread stand, I wanted to share that there's a pretty encouraging post-surgery update on Coulter's Facebook page:

"Coulter's surgery went very well and he is now in recovery/ICU, praise God. We are grateful to report that the Dr Boop was "very pleased" with the results, stating that he removed all of the visible tumor on the right temporal lobe in the brain. In recovery, he awoke briefly and correctly answered all cognitive questions. Our efforts are now focused on recovery and pain management, as he has several drug allergies which pose a challenge. We thank you all for the continued prayers for his recovery, the medical staff, and miraculous healing from the Great Physician. Never give up!" ~ http://facebook.com/prayforcoulter

ETA: Link from Coulter's page, where I got the quote.

Fonzie Scheme
AG
Great news. Stay strong, Coulter.
Turkey
AG
Thanks for letting us know. Prayers are already up, and more are on the way.
Oogway
This is awesome news! Keep after it Coulter! Many hands are lifted in prayer for you!
justalocal
Thoughts and prayers
CoachLB
Praying for Coulter
MTTANK
AG
Awesome news! Will continue to send prayers your way.
GIG 'EM
GoneGirl
AG
Just now seeing this and grateful for the update.

Praying for Coulter and family and happy at the news the surgery was successful.
"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
Kitten With A Whip
So happy to see such a great update!!! Here's hoping for a quick and painless recovery! God is good!!!
techno-ag
AG
God bless Coulter and the family.
momlaw
AG
Latest, from Facebook Pray for Coulter.

Coulter was discharged this afternoon and will spend the next couple of days resting across the street at the FedEx Family House, before a long drive back to Augusta. This has been his fastest recovery of all surgeries. May God bless you all for lifting him in prayer and concern. There is greatness at work on the floors of children's hospitals. Thank you for always sharing in his journey and the caring about the many other children who experience the same paths before them. Never give up kids! Go Coulter!
momlaw
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
JeepWaveEarl
AG
I follow you guys on FB but have had my own experiences with brain cancer and so this is close to my heart. Wishing you peace and patience and great outcomes for Coulter. NEVER hesitate to ask for prayers!!!

KG
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
Tailgate88
AG
Glad surgery went well and will continue to pray!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.