Prayers for 10 yr-old Coulter Hnatt

34,779 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dubi
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prayers for comfort, guidance and healing
Jetty
AG
Praying
momlaw
OnlyANobody
Coulter's family just needs us right now.
Most recent updade
BMo
Continued prayers for this young warrior and his family.
BlueMiles
AG
More prayers for healing and comfort.
happyinBCS
Prayers
rossuvet12
AG
More prayers for such an awesome and tough kid
dubi
AG
Quote:

This young man named Coulter, is having a tough time with his body keeping up with his spirit. The incredible staff at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital has made things happen to fly him home to Augusta, likely the first thing tomorrow morning. We will be received by home hospice and the core care team from the Children's Hospital of Georgia, whereby we will revisit the occasion of light oral chemo and immunotherapy which he has had before. Believe us when we say that it is obvious from his attitude that he is determined to persevere.

A family friend reminded us of James 1:12

"Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him."
Time for even more prayers.
AggiePirate
AG
Also glad to hear the surgery went well, sending prayers.
justcallmeharry
S
Thoughts and prayers for you and yours.
mhnatt
Thank you all so much for the kindness and prayers! We were tipped off that this forum was updated and that Aggieland had not forgotten Coulter!

We expect to return to this true home at some point and will continue to update his Facebook page (just made an update now).

You can imagine our parental joy in knowing an entire town is standing tall for our child. God bless you all!
DisneyFan5
We have never met, but I wanted you to know that I think of Coulter and your family often in my prayers.
dubi
AG
Quote:

Though Coulter is under home hospice care, we were able to take him to church on Sunday. It was a difficult excursion for him but he gave us a thumbs up when we asked him that morning. Mostly "out of it", he perked up during the singing of one of his favorite hymns - "Nothing but the Blood of Jesus". His girlfriend Sofia, who he met in 2015 on his first day at church in Georgia and became longtime friends, came to visit him.

His speech and ability to swallow have not returned and his tremors have increased. We believe pain is under control based on his heart rate. Unfortunately he is allergic to most pain medications like morphine, but Tylenol seems to help and the steroids have kept the brain swelling down. His back sores thankfully are under control.

We decided to purchase a used Hill-Rom TotalCare bariatric bed on our own, which should arrive late next week. We are grateful for the enormous generosity of the community who has offered financial support in procuring this specialized bed, which insurance and hospice will not provide, however we hope that you all would understand that such beautiful giving is needed in many other places other than our household. In our almost 7-year journey, we have witnessed many families and childhood cancer research programs that are thirsting for support. God has blessed and provided a path for us to care for Coulter and He continues to open doors when we trust in Him. Your prayers sustain us and this is evident everyday.

For those who have the heart to give financially, we will post at a later date, a few foundations that have played a major role in the life-giving care of Coulter and so many other children who battle cancer. Should you wish instead to give directly to families, one idea would be to visit your nearest children's hospital where we believe the Lord will guide your heart to one of the many families who are drained physically, emotionally and financially from their journey. The attending oncologist would likely be willing to identify a particular family in need of such help. Let God's glory continue to be done through your love!

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."
Isaiah 41:13

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength."
Philippians 4:12-13

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen."
1 Peter 5:10-11
JeepWaveEarl
AG
I'm having literal PTSD flashbacks and visions of going through all this with Otto 5 years ago..... everyone please PLEASE keep them in your prayers as they enter this part of his journey.... it's SO hard. SO HARD I can't even (and don't want to) describe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
trouble
AG
Hey, I love you.
dubi
AG
Quote:

God's blessings come in all forms and moments of the day - even through strangers! The specialized bed for Coulter arrived yesterday on an 18-wheeler and with no means of handling this 800 lb colossal apparatus ourselves, we made a quick plea to find some strong men to assist. Within a few minutes of posting to the Ft.Gordon,GA military base Facebook page, several mighty men from New Life Church Augusta rolled in like soldiers in chariots. They brought the bed into the house and these fine gentlemen not only refused being paid or fed, but their pastor Eli led a prayer over Coulter and our entire household. Even Command Sergeant Major Josh Coble, 67th ESB later came and prayed for him. What a day for gratitude!

We now hope this bed will operate as expected. We bought it used on eBay at a fraction of the new cost, but were warned by the manufacturer that the hydraulics often fail, rending the bed inoperable - typically beyond reasonable repair when not bought through a dealer. We ask for your prayers that it holds up well beyond the 30-day warranty!

Coulter remains stable almost daily, with mostly good days. We took him to the doctor last Friday and then again out on Saturday to a local Lego convention, though departed shortly due to the large crowd. It was apparent that he and his sisters had a great time!

Coulter's 11th birthday will occur in one week! Months ago we booked tickets to a gospel music concert just a couple miles down the road that will happen this Monday at Grace Baptist Church in Evans, GA, so we pray that Coulter will feel up to making it. Guy Penrod (known for his work in the The Gaither Vocal Band) has been Coulter's favorite singer for years and Coulter himself was known for belting praise aloud and on key, on many road trips!

We want to thank you all for your continued prayers and visits. God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So, we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6

https://www.biblestudytools.com/hebrews/13.html

Facebook link to post and photos.
BlueMiles
AG
Thanks for posting the update.
JMac03
AG
I agree thanks for sharing. I had just looked for an update last night.
dubi
AG
Quote:

God's presence can be found in song and in sermon, and last night it was in both! Coulter's favorite singer Guy Penrod delivered a concert last night that rocked voices of praise from Augusta Georgia. Guy invited Coulter and family to spend a generous amount time with him prior to the show - praying, listening to testimony, and sharing beautiful and genuine fellowship. Coulter miraculously stayed alert and you could see in his eyes that he was right where he wanted to be.

The faith and purposeful glory displayed last night still resonates with us today, and the miracles that have been and are to come have never been more clear!

We praise God and also thank Guy, the band, and all those who support his mission. Please pray for them as they spread the gospel through countless days away from their homes and families.

We encourage you to attend one of his concerts if you find yourself within hours of his tour stops. We used to travel to hear Guy sing, but now we travel to hear him preach! He is blessed as a powerhouse in both voice and sermon.

Coulter's condition remains stable and we are thankful for the days he has logged at home, visiting with numerous strangers who are now his friends. The excitement grows as we await his 11th birthday in just two days (Thursday, February 7th). Hallelujah!
bushytailed
AG
Quote:

Happy Birthday Coulter! Many years have passed where your mom and dad had our moments of doubt, where our faith was tested, and where our hope seemed impossible, but you are living proof that we have nothing to fear when we are claimed for Christ! The Lord has given us 11 privileged years to be your parents, chosen among billions of other parental candidates, by He who knew us before we were created, long before we took our first breaths in this short, delicate life. One day we all will look upon a year as but a second of eternity with our Heavenly Father. But until then, we savor every second as we know it - with you! We love you Coulter! Never. Give. Up!
Happy Birthday Coulter!
BlueMiles
OnlyANobody
JMac03
dubi
AG
Quote:

Happy Birthday Coulter! Many years have passed where your mom and dad had our moments of doubt, where our faith was tested, and where our hope seemed impossible, but you are living proof that we have nothing to fear when we are claimed for Christ! The Lord has given us 11 privileged years to be your parents, chosen among billions of other parental candidates, by He who knew us before we were created, long before we took our first breaths in this short, delicate life. One day we all will look upon a year as but a second of eternity with our Heavenly Father. But until then, we savor every second as we know it - with you! We love you Coulter! Never. Give. Up!

Mom and Dad

PS - what a wonderful gift of his buffalo (bison) mount that arrived on his birthday. Courtesy of The Outdoor Dream Foundation!
[url=https://www.facebook.com/prayforcoulter/photos/pcb.2085542515070541/2085541368403989/?type=3&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARC1xIotlbvDIr59vLCV_XKSqEttR7omEyCBnzzI0SaPnE1puUlA0tk4Vxnfh4Zb4jbnETUQ_DmP7J-E&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARAk4_av8yZQI6GDx-1lXO0MVK_SMf5xvHSz2SM3yZbqAZ0CTco6Uoxtj79YJubhEG4REH5pOcNNPIsa8sMEgvgede_hbjb06PK02JlVqVJ9c3RsjdjyIz2bcCwtgHfDA4EDDFrptlnxGXDCHGPiP_8-z6RBCQ_PHC3_vDIB0IXHimQsaDTA4GoLnXjnUZLwJC_8tZ8HjWuBYzvzzWmemcyr6My2PJBhsS1bAKxhTcl0hKCgYN6nLcnGM6uHdcjdnPaBmlGVGlsOxmk8XkCdtRQN1Raye-d04WlICiBssgJmkKYo4U0fNggI1y6bz7jjoURayqKLvtsqq_Mlz4sv8puul-Ri][/url]

aviationag
AG
Praying for Coulter and his family daily and following his progress. Happy Birthday, Coulter.
BlueMiles
AG
There is an update but I am not able to link it here due to time constraints.
trouble
AG
Quote:

Coulter is having a bit of struggle with tremors as a result of increased pressure in the brain. We pray for our Father's love and grace to remain strong in the overseeing and decisions of his care. A couple days ago, mom and dad held Coulter's reaching hand, clutching his comfort cross, embodied in a cast/mold. We treasure the captured moment.
There is a hymn that is dear to us:
"Hold to God's Unchanging Hand"
Time is filled with swift transition,
Naught of earth unmoved can stand,
Build your hopes on things eternal,
Hold to God's unchanging hand.
Refrain:
Hold to God's unchanging hand,
Hold to God's unchanging hand;
Build your hopes on things eternal,
Hold to God's unchanging hand.
Trust in Him who will not leave you,
Whatsoever years may bring,
If by earthly friends forsaken
Still more closely to Him cling.
Covet not this world's vain riches
That so rapidly decay,
Seek to gain the heav'nly treasures,
They will never pass away.
When your journey is completed,
If to God you have been true,
Fair and bright the home in glory
Your enraptured soul will view.
Oogway
Sending you love and prayers, Coulter. God loves you!
dubi
AG
Sending renewed prayers.
Aggie 509th
AG
Praying daily for Coulter, his family, and all who have been a part of this journey.
dubi
AG
Quote:

Courage. Continuing to move forward when faced with incredible odds. Shortly after his cancer diagnosis when Coulter turned 4-years-old, he entered a program that rewarded him with a bead for every *****, poke, surgery or procedure he would endure. Each bead in this long string, represents a painful, yet courageous event that Coulter would push through in his ongoing 7-year battle, forging a quantifiable story of survival and courage. They represent things that are meaningful or relevant to him at the time of the pain. While he may not have trophies of the common athletic or talent achievement, his string of over 2,200 beads called "Beads of Courage" is Coulter's trophy in a fight for life.

As his battle continues, enduring increased tremors and congestion and now unable to speak, please join us in prayer for Coulter's strength and hope with a magnification of his faith needed to endure every minute of his days and nights. We love you son.

Link
BlueMiles
AG
Praying for mercy.
aviationag
AG
Continuing to pray for Coulter and to follow his journey on Facebook. The photo of his beads in their most recent Facebook post is sobering.
mwm
Jehovah Rapha is still on His throne. Praying for Coulter.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.