Turn lane changes-FM2818/FM60

2,151 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GSS
GSS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No "left" turns

Beginning, Tuesday, May 8, 2018, motorists exiting Harvey Mitchell Parkway (FM 2818) from either direction onto University Drive/Stotzer Parkway (FM 60) will no longer be allowed to make left turns after exiting.

Motorists coming from south College Station headed toward Easterwood Airport (Snook) should continue on FM 2818 under the FM 60 bridge and turn left using the southbound ramp.

Motorists coming from Bryan headed toward the Texas A&M campus should continue on FM 2818 under the FM 60 bridge and turn left onto the northbound ramp.

Limiting the FM 60 ramps to right turns only will greatly improve safety during construction of the new interchange. Motorists should also remember that the lower speed limits in the area will remain in effect throughout the remainder of the construction.
saltydog13
AG
About time
carpe vinum
AG
Good. That was always a nightmare waiting to happen.
Rexter
Coulda saved a whoooooole lot of money by doing this in the first place and leaving the roads as they were.
Nutmegger
AG
Or you can just go through Research Park from South CS, or take F&B Rd from West Bryan, especially if it is rush hour.

I have to drive through this mess at least 2x, sometimes 4x, a day and its painful to watch. Especially when the South CS 2818ers just throw themselves out onto University Drive when there is clearly not enough room to do so without causing the 45mph eastbound traffic to suddenly slam on their brakes. In fact, I think they are almost a bigger problem than anyone making left turns.

Were that many people even trying to make left turns before anyway? I don't recall seeing it much, if at all, over the past few months. Then again, I'm probably just too busy trying to make it through there alive to even notice most days!
TexasAggie_02
AG
starting monday, both ramps on the north side of FM 60 will be closed

dman2217
Good thing they have F&B closed down for who knows how long...
AgFan1999
AG
So they're putting in a temporary light because of the drivers that thought the "no left turn" edict didn't apply to them.
GSS
dman2217 said:

Good thing they have F&B closed down for who knows how long...
Allegedly for three days, for repaving? Why does the new "plan" not include use of F&B Road? Asinine to send northbound 2818 from 60, to 47, then 1179/Villa Marie.

Let the defenders jump in that it's just a "slight adjustment", no harm/no foul.
dman2217
Well hopefully that will mean that F&B will only be closed tomorrow then....It has been closed the past two days.
GSS
TX DOT and the contractor went ahead with the ridiculous detour for traffic westbound or eastbound on FM60, wanting to go northbound on FM2818.....routed via Hwy 47 to FM1179/Villa Marie, versus using Turkey Creek/F&B route. I suppose locals will ignore the detour "suggestion".....

Another route for eastbound FM60 users, prior to Hwy 47, is to use Jones Rd to Villa Marie.
GSS
AgFan1999 said:

So they're putting in a temporary light because of the drivers that thought the "no left turn" edict didn't apply to them.
The temporary light (in place today), is due to that one intersection now handling east and west bound access to FM 60.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.