Millican Reserve

4,465 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AggiePeeps06
AggiePeeps06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's everyone thoughts on this place?

It sounds pretty awesome with all of the outdoor activities, events and focus on family activities.

Does anyone on here live at Millican (or visit there often) and care to share some insights on the community? Older or younger families? How developed is it so far? Is The Meadows right off of the highway 6 feeder as it appears to be based on google maps?
AggieAces06
AG
It's a great area, very pretty. If you have kids be careful which area you are looking in. I think parts go to CISD and parts go to Navasota ISD.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Thanks for the insight. Yea, that's why I'm interested in The Meadows specifically cause it's CSISD
duffelpud
AG
"What's this button do?"
AggiePeeps06
AG
I don't get it
Turf-Ag02
AG
Housewives of CSISD
AgsWin2011
AG
Turf-Ag02 said:

Housewives of CSHS

FIFY
Turf-Ag02
AG
Thanks.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Haha. Not sure if that's good or bad, but guessing the latter. Is it more families with high schoolers or younger kids? It's not very developed yet right?
nought
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

I don't get it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stepford_Wives
AggiePeeps06
AG
Thanks for the reference! Any other insight from anyone, that would be helpful?
sims05
AG
I talked to someone about it last year or the year before right before they got ready to build houses. The concept was intriguing. I run the trails out there and they are nice. The "lake" looks nice but it's not real big.

At that time it wasn't real clear how everything was going to work. It sounded like there was an overall Millican HOA and then a second HOA for the community you lived in. Then it wasn't clear if you still had to pay to join the groups that use the trails, lakes, disc golf etc separately. It seemed like you did but they were working on a one fee for all system. However that sounded like the different fees to be able to use all the resources out there.

That coupled with the fact that leave out there had tripled on cost in the last 6-8 years made it hard to pull the trigger. I couldn't get over how much I could have saved by buying them versus now.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Thanks Sims. Very helpful. I drove out there this weekend and it is beautiful. Not very developed yet though as theee was only 1 hour completed in The Meadows. Anyone know anything about the family makeup moving out there? Young kids? Older kids?
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
We considered being the 2nd or 3rd house built there but settled instead on building at Traditions.

Probably too early to nail down children's ages for the Meadows. We are nearing retirement so would have had none.

Very tight and somewhat unusual building codes. Low masonry %. Lots of hardie board exterior. Metal roofs. Septic tanks.

Nice access to 6 but wish the lots were wider so not so packed in and could leave more trees on the lots.
Did they ever get rid of the sq footage minimum for homes? IIRC back when we were thinking maybe not to age in place but go somewhere quiet I seem to remember it was 2200+ or so. That seemed crazy to tout conservation and then require a size 1000 sq ft larger than the norm in the 70's (back when conservation really began to build).
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
This is a brand new development and generally $600K + houses I believe.

Sq footage probably more like a 3000' average

$200/sq ft gonna be common I think
AG
Thanks for the insight. I'm guessing the Meadows will lean towards younger families, because it's the only Millican community that's zoned for CSISD
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.