Queen Theatre

3,428 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dave99ag
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Great job Downtown Bryan Assn., Sandy Farris, Ben Hardeman and all those involved with the restoration of the Queen! Huge turnout last night to see the grand lady returned to glory. The short documentary shown also tugged at the ol' heartstrings a bit.
DBA
We had a great grand opening! Check out The Queen website for more information.
TheAlarmGuy
The PopCorn was excellent...
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
techno-ag
FlyRod
AggieBarstool
My work 3D printed the crown mounted above the screen!
DBA
The 3D crown looks great! The talented Cliff Collard of Arsenal Tattoo and Design painted it.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Such a great asset to the community!
Tim Weaver
How is the audio in there? Did they do a decent surround setup?

This would make an excellent date night I think!
jello123
A little history of the Queen Theater. https://photos.app.goo.gl/MksS9ejkgiddPtds2
DBA
No surround sound, but it's a small theater so what we have easily fills up the space. There are 130 seats - 88 on the floor, 42 in the balcony. I haven't checked this morning, but we were nearing sold-out status yesterday for tonight's show.
jello123
https://www.facebook.com/CityofBryan/videos/10155451677426367/UzpfSTE5OTkxMTM1NjcyOTMxNDoxODEzMjg3NjQ4NzI1MDAy/
ro828
We were there tonight to see MOONLIGHT. Great job of restoration: the last time we went to a movie there was during graduate school in 1972 and it's good to see it cleaned up and shiny.

It's nice to have an option other than a multiplex. Both of our big theaters have excellent projection and sound, and I give them props for that. But it's nice to watch a serious drama without hearing sound effects from the latest Transformers movie playing on the other side of a too thin wall.
BigBubba
AG
So what crowd are they trying to appeal to? College kids? Young professionals? Parents with kids?

These seems like a date night kind of place, not so much where I would take the kids to watch Avengers?
halibut sinclair
BigBubba said:

So what crowd are they trying to appeal to? College kids? Young professionals? Parents with kids?

These seems like a date night kind of place, not so much where I would take the kids to watch Avengers?
Take a look at the rest of the schedule for May and decide for yourself. I think they are trying to attract the movie-loving crowd - kid movies, westerns, classics, art films, theme weeks (Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings).

https://tickets.queenbryantx.com/tickets
Hogties
AG
Saw all three Lord of the Rings movies there this week and the quality of the picture is fantastic. I look forward to the variety of the movie options. I will be a regular.
dave99ag
AG
I appreciate that they don't recognize the Crystal Skull as an Indiana Jones film.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.