Bad fuel in College Station

4,573 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by histag10
One Louder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Texas-AM-Student-wants-answers-after-car-damaged-by-bad-gasoline-481685361.html

So KBTX tells us there is "bad fuel" being sold in CS, but no indication of what stations they might be. I realize they are doing that to avoid legal trouble, but does anyone on this board have any leads? Have any of you experienced this?

redd38
AG
Tigerland Express at Wellborn & Rock Prairie.

I know someone it happened to several weeks ago too, so apparently not a 1 time thing.
deh40
AG
They have some of the highest prices in town and water too.
91_Aggie
AG
Hmmm, my wife got gas at Murphy's (Wal-mart) last Saturday and the car started misfiring on a trip to San Antonio... wonder if that is related.
BCSMom
When I had my Expedition I couldn't get gas from Walmart because it would misfire.
Post removed:
by user
MisterShipWreck
Yes, Mission Petroleum Carriers seems to deliver most of the fuel in this town. It would be everywhere if it was there issue, one would think
BlueMiles
AG
Thanks for the link. I may be affected by this as well.
techno-ag
AG
Stick with Sam's. It's usually the cheapest. Never had a problem with them.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
IDK if it's related but I went by Stripes on Wellborn at 40 the other night and there was no gas.
TalkNerdy2Me
AG
No gas at Stripes at 6 @ Briarcrest, either. Wondered the same thing.
gettingitdone
All of the Stripes have been purchased by 7-11. Wonder if that has something to do with it. Maybe 7-11 uses a different vendor
EMY92
AG
All of the underground fuel tanks have water in them. The biggest reason is condensation.

Now, if the station's parking lot floods and water gets in, then it becomes much worse.

It is very unlikely that water is coming from the distributor and fuel/water is delivered to the station.
DimeBox17
AG
The Stripes stores in our area receive their fuel from Coastal Fuel Transport down the road in Hearne. There has not been any problems with the fuel/water issue at any stores that I am aware of around here.
BlueMiles
AG
Still in the news
Post removed:
by user
histag10
AG
I haven't had "bad fuel", but I've had bad oil put in my car in BCS lately. Still dealing with engine troubles from that.

As a side note- Thank you Sevcik's for helping us determine the problem, flushing our system, and getting my car running after this debacle! (No- they did not put the bad oil in my car- they just helped me fix the problem)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.