College Station teacher on leave-KBTX - Staff Warning on OP

38,226 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by George Costanza
redass89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I get what you're saying. I'm just saying I've heard the exact same thing from more than 5 different people (unprovoked) that I would consider very connected.

****no "rumors" here, staff****
Fonzie Scheme
AG
aggiefan2002 said:

What are the rules on what can go to executive session? And is what is discussed there open to FOIA laws?

As is listed on the agenda, this is a personnel matter. Personnel, litigation, property negotiation...anything that deals with anything that could ever include an attorney qualifies as material for executive session. Once the public body returns from executive session, any voting on executive session items must be done publicly. They cannot vote in executive session. Once the item is acted upon, all documents should be eligible for FOIA filings.
AggieMom_38
I wouldn't jump to conclusions about which personnel situation is of focus in executive session. There were a couple resignations from teachers (not rumor, fact - the notices went out to parents and staff) at one of the intermediate schools yesterday. (all happening just two weeks before school is out).
gibby03
AG
#NotaRumor

Needs to be the hashtag of all posters on here from now on.

Staff - not a shot at you, just a little comedy this morning!!!
WoodAg
I think there is a 0% chance that AggieMom is wrong. Not real hard to believe they may be dealing with a different issue.
I see no way the board votes on anything having to do with an active criminal investigation.
When it's over? Even then, I believe any decision will already be made for them.
AggieMom_38
What came of the personnel issues on the agenda? Anything clarified at the board meeting or was it all in closed session?
Wicked Good Ag
A lot of people know what happened and quite a few details. However something this big needs to follow basic due process and will likely always be a closed session issue
MTTANK
AG
Better off for CSISD for this to be swept under the rug. Hopefully at the very least, parents are staying informed by the district of potential dangers their kids may have been susceptible to. If there is one potential victim, there could likely be others. I hope their is not another student keeping this bottled up, and not being offered support if they need it. Crazy situation.
Rapier108
It will not be swept under the rug by CSISD. If someone committed a crime, they'll be arrested and the legal system can deal with them. All CSISD can do is terminate the employee and leave the rest to the criminal justice system.
MTTANK
AG
So they sent out emails and or letters to parents about the issue at pecan trail, but not this one at Consol? I wonder what the difference is there? Maybe at consol they don't need to be notified? Or something completely different?
missB
MTTANK said:

So they sent out emails and or letters to parents about the issue at pecan trail, but not this one at Consol? I wonder what the difference is there? Maybe at consol they don't need to be notified? Or something completely different?
Can we not leave this alone and let the investigation play out? Nothing is being swept under the rug. My guess is there IS a difference in the Pecan Trail issue (although your comment is the first I heard of it) and what happened at Consol. Seriously people! All these issues deal with sensitive matters dealing with OUR CHILDREN. If it was my child, I'd hate knowing it was being hashed out and being gossiped on TexAgs.
MTTANK
AG
Samantha Baker said:

MTTANK said:

Can we not leave this alone and let the investigation play out? Nothing is being swept under the rug. My guess is there IS a difference in the Pecan Trail issue (although your comment is the first I heard of it) and what happened at Consol. Seriously people! All these issues deal with sensitive matters dealing with OUR CHILDREN. If it was my child, I'd die knowing it was being hashed out on TexAgs.
There is zero information about a child or parent or teachers name. There is not even any hint at what occured here. This is a question of process from a concerned parent. I think it has been completely left alone on texags, and they have done there part to zap any hint of any individuals being implicated. Does it not surprise you that parents are concerned about the process and want to know if their kids might be in any danger of being a victim?
missB
MTTANK said:

Samantha Baker said:

MTTANK said:

Can we not leave this alone and let the investigation play out? Nothing is being swept under the rug. My guess is there IS a difference in the Pecan Trail issue (although your comment is the first I heard of it) and what happened at Consol. Seriously people! All these issues deal with sensitive matters dealing with OUR CHILDREN. If it was my child, I'd die knowing it was being hashed out on TexAgs.
There is zero information about a child or parent or teachers name There is not even any hint at what occured here. This is a question of process from a concerned parent. I think it has been completely left alone on texags, and they have done there part to zap any hint of any individuals being implicated. Does it not surprise you that parents are concerned about the process and want to know if their kids might be in any danger of being a victim?
I never said there was a name given. I'm thankful Staff has removed all hints of gossip on here. I agree with you as a parent I'd want to know if my child was in danger but that is not the case. AS A PARENT of a Consol student, I don't feel anything is being swept under the rug as you say. All matters are sensitive and really need to not be debated on TexAgs. When there is something the public needs to know, the authorities will let us know.
BCStalk
I may not have a dog in this fight, but isn't this a well managed public forum (thank you staff) that exhists for discussion?
missB
BCStalk said:

I may not have a dog in this fight, but isn't this a well managed public forum (thank you staff) that exhists for discussion?
Yes it is, but not when there is gossip about innocent individuals. Have we forgotten someone is a victim?
BCStalk
Samantha Baker said:

BCStalk said:

Yes it is, but not when there is gossip about innocent individuals. Have we forgotten someone is a victim?

I see nothing about gossip against any individuals. The staff has and will continue to keep any type of rumors out of this thread. All I see is posters questioning what kind of situation is happening in their child's school.
missB
BCStalk said:

All I see is posters questioning what kind of situation is happening in their child's school.
Because we all know the best way to get truthful answers in on a forum.
4merStudent
AG
What is going on at Pecan Trail? I have a kid there but haven't heard about anything?
missB
No clue. Another poster above mentioned it. I was replying to him in my post. He/she says an email was sent aboit it
Leonidas
AG
Samantha Baker said:

No clue. Another poster above mentioned it. I was replying to him in my post. He/she says an email was sent aboit it

Two science teachers resigned with 10 days left in the semester..
4merStudent
AG
Seriously? Did they give any reason?
Leonidas
AG
"Personal"
Aggie7477
AG
I think the difference is clear why the Pecan Trail emails went out and nothing has gone out at Consol. One is a criminal investigation, the other is not. No one can do anything to disrupt or damage an investigation by law enforcement. Seems like proper procedure to me.
techno-ag
AG
MTTANK said:

Samantha Baker said:

MTTANK said:

There is zero information about a child or parent or teachers name. There is not even any hint at what occured here. This is a question of process from a concerned parent. I think it has been completely left alone on texags, and they have done there part to zap any hint of any individuals being implicated. Does it not surprise you that parents are concerned about the process and want to know if their kids might be in any danger of being a victim?
Just let the investigation work itself out.
TexasAggie_02
AG
staff said we have to wait for info from KBTX.

But KBTX gets their stories from here, so.....nothing.
TLIAC
AG
techno-ag said:

MTTANK said:

Samantha Baker said:

MTTANK said:

Just let the investigation work itself out.
This!! To add, the problem is that when "incidents" are played out in the media and public forums during a criminal investigation, it can actually hurt and hinder the investigation. "If" law enforcement needs public assistance, they will ask for it. If they don't, the best thing the public can do to make sure the investigation is completed fairly is to be patient and let law enforcement do their job.
emtes
AG
I just get my info from my friends that work there. Not a rumor.
Rapier108
You should probably read the staff comments on at the beginning of this thread.
emtes
AG
Haven't posted them. Just a general comment.
BigBubba
AG
It's been several months, any update on this story? Is the investigation still ongoing? Was the teacher exonerated? Should we expect to see this teacher back at the school next week?
pants
Yeah, it's pretty weird to me that we didn't ever hear a result. Then again, I stopped looking and don't know how long these investigations last.
UmustBKidding
The csisd disinformation squad was long hoping everyone had forgotten about it. Now they are going to have to get back to work suppressing things. Walk away nothing to see here.
techno-ag
AG
If no charges were filed there's little to worry about.
duffelpud
AG
Quote:

If no charges were filed there's little to worry about then the problem has relocated to another school district.
fify
"What's this button do?"
Agmaker
I'm hoping that's satire.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.