College Station teacher on leave-KBTX - Staff Warning on OP

38,104 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by George Costanza
kraut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KBTX link

[Any information that has been publicly released by the Law Enforcement or the media may be discussed on this thread. Any rumors or posts that insinuate that a poster knows something but can't give any details will be removed and the poster will be banned. We are not going to spend a bunch of time cleaning up this thread so we are giving this warning ahead of time. -Staff]

8:45 a.m. 5-4-2018
Tigermom84
AG
Are we allowed to discuss this now? I didn't know there was a rule that it's not up for discussion unless the media says it's real...

[ We have never allowed rumors to get started or perpetuated on this website. Once information about a subject is released by law enforcement or by the media it is then public knowledge and we will allow discussion on this website. -Staff]
kraut
AG
Tigermom84 said:

Are we allowed to discuss this now? I didn't know there was a rule that it's not up for discussion unless the media says it's real...
Staff made it abundantly clear that this type of stuff had to be verified and not by someone you know at Baskin-Robbins. A KBTX story is one way to verify this.
InMyOpinion
kraut said:

Tigermom84 said:

Staff made it abundantly clear that this type of stuff had to be verified and not by someone you know at Baskin-Robbins. A KBTX story is one way to verify this.

How do you think KBTX found out.
duffelpud
AG

[We don't cover anything up but we do keep rumors off this board as much as possible. -Staff]
Post removed:
by user
Rapier108

It has nothing to do with that. TexAgs is not covering up anything.

This is a private forum and has the right to moderate as it sees fit. Also, having people posting accusations (might have even posted names on the first thread because it got nuked almost instantly) without proof other than "I heard" can open the site up to libel claims if the accusations are proven to be false and someone's reputation is ruined.

This topic is going to get as asinine as the one with the vet who shot the cat.
TLIAC
AG

Oh my goodness. It's under investigation by the Sheriff's Office. Just like any other investigation, names are not released until the investigation is complete. At that time, if the person is arrested then the name will be released. If they cannot find probable cause to arrest the person (just like any other case) the name won't be released. All persons have the right to due process. I don't know what happened 20 years ago in Bryan but things are much different in today's climate.
rhoswen
AG
As a teacher I'm very glad they don't release names until at least enough proof to arrest. An enterprising kid could make up some stuff and ruin a person's life.
Rapier108
rhoswen said:

As a teacher I'm very glad they don't release names until at least enough proof to arrest. An enterprising kid could make up some stuff and ruin a person's life.
Which has happened, more than once. One guy ended up committing suicide because of it, and the two girls were charged with manslaughter.
Alte Schule
TLIAC said:

duffelpud said:

area.
Oh my goodness. It's under investigation by the Sheriff's Office. Just like any other investigation, names are not released until the investigation is complete. At that time, if the person is arrested then the name will be released. If they cannot find probable cause to arrest the person (just like any other case) the name won't be released. All persons have the right to due process. I don't know what happened 20 years ago in Bryan but things are much different in today's climate.
This is correct. Prematurely releasing a persons name during this type of investigation is never a good idea. Don't worry though, after the indictment or arrest, those of you that want the dirt and other salacious gossip will be rewarded.
TellMeMore
Why does the media race to talk about this? No school district will want to hide someone who is doing something inappropriate. When or if charges are filed, the the process begins. Short of that........leave it be. There is less and less that makes a teaching job appealing, I cannot imagine the innuendo that can come from this situation. OK, fire away with your "right to know" argument. A lot of us have teachers in our family I hope mine are never caught in this net. As with so many things in the media, tap the brakes. Let play out. Please.
MTTANK
AG
I could see parents having some concern with this story and if its true. It's a waiting game right now, but its a big story. If this teacher is guilty of such acts, I think comments and responses are warranted. Its always been nice to be able to have the inside track on texags. Of course every single thing thats posted is not true, but looks like this is not fake news someone posted. Names were not used, just the fact that it was being investigated. Not sure our school district needs yet another blow to their reputation, this rezoning and grandfathering mess has caused enough damage.I am glad the schools leadership was able to keep it from becoming public information for so long. I hope the school board is able to really drag out the investigation as well, give it some separation from tomorrows issue. I think when they vote not to grandfather incoming freshman tomorrow, they are in for another round o reallyf bad press.
GIG 'EM
JR Ewing
AG
I think it's good that the investigation be allowed to happen so that both the alleged victim and alleged perpetrator can be justly treated. I also agree with TANK that I'm not optimistic about tomorrow's Board meeting. We've heard nothing about changing a decision...it's all been about explaining it. I still haven't heard one good reason why the 8th graders can't be grandfathered. It hurts absolutely nobody...and it allows the kids to go where they expected to go and where they tried out for.

I also appreciate Oogway's positivity...TexAgs is a great family...#WeKnowStuff!
cs1
I hate it when someone anonymously says on a public forum that they have info from a "reliable source" or "any type of authority", Just as bad or worse than the media.

[So do we and we delete them. -Staff]
ChiefHaus
kraut said:

Baskin-Robbins always finds out bro.
EVA3
AG
TellMeMore said:

Why does the media race to talk about this? No school district will want to hide someone who is doing something inappropriate. When or if charges are filed, the the process begins. Short of that........leave it be. There is less and less that makes a teaching job appealing, I cannot imagine the innuendo that can come from this situation. OK, fire away with your "right to know" argument. A lot of us have teachers in our family I hope mine are never caught in this net. As with so many things in the media, tap the brakes. Let play out. Please.
MsC2012
AG
Wonder when we'll know more.
pudge
I know a former long time coach and assistant principal at Consol was run out of town and nothing was ever posted here or in the media about it. This was because it wasn't about inappropriate activity with a student. It was because that person upset the wrong person, but when he was kicked off of campus and forced to leave, it really looked to many people that he did something inappropriate and never found another full time job and had to retire.

So you have to be careful about what is said and not on these forums.

ETA... that person was me.
CEAg78
AG
pudge said:

And a terrible loss to CSISD and the profession.
Rapier108
And here is an example of why we do not throw out names and automatically assume a teacher is guilty.

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Milano-teacher-exonerated-after-rumors-of-inappropriate-relationship-482318161.html

Let the police do their job and figure out what is true and what isn't.
pants
No update on the KBTX article. Has anyone seen any updates on this anywhere? Must be a tough investigation.
Fleen
pudge said:

I know a former long time coach and assistant principal at Consol was run out of town and nothing was ever posted here or in the media about it. This was because it wasn't about inappropriate activity with a student. It was because that person upset the wrong person, but when he was kicked off of campus and forced to leave, it really looked to many people that he did something inappropriate and never found another full time job and had to retire.

So you have to be careful about what is said and not on these forums.

Wow, if you care to answer, was it another admin? Central office? Parent? School board?
PS3D
pants said:

No update on the KBTX article. Has anyone seen any updates on this anywhere? Must be a tough investigation.
There was a post on here yesterday that said [Banned. -Staff] but Staff zapped it into ether.
Aggie7477
AG
If you look at the post at the top of this thread you'll probably understand why an insinuating post was removed regardless of names being mentioned or not.

Just wait for the news to break the story. Then you guys will get the go ahead to attack.
redass89
redass89
Wrong emoji. Supposed to be this.
Agmaker
It's on the Boards agenda for Tuesday. Executive session.
Rapier108
Agmaker said:

It's on the Boards agenda for Tuesday. Executive session.
Here's the link, just so everyone can see its not a rumor.

http://web.csisd.org/school_board/Agendas/2017-2018/May/5-15-18RegularBoardMeetingAgenda.htm
Agmaker
[If you were wondering if alluding to the rumor would get you a ban the answer is yes. We live in this town and aren't stupid or disconnected. We could not have been more clear in the warning on the OP that were were going to be strict and we do not understand why some of you want to see how far you can push. -Staff]
gibby03
AG
[See above. -Staff]
aggiefan2002
What are the rules on what can go to executive session? And is what is discussed there open to FOIA laws?
Oogway
It is usually matters pertaining to personnel, property, disciplinary actions, contracts, or pending litigation (attorney/client privilege).

I believe the agenda can be requested, and results of any deliberation, but after that, I believe it becomes trickier and that is not my area of expertise. The session is supposed to have a record/notes but it does not have to be a word for word account of what was said.
Just as the Board would be in trouble if they met in closed session w/o an official agenda, so would anyone who leaked information from one if I recall correctly.
redass89
Oogway said:

It is usually matters pertaining to personnel, property, disciplinary actions, contracts, or pending litigation (attorney/client privilege).

I believe the agenda can be requested, and results of any deliberation, but after that, I believe it becomes trickier and that is not my area of expertise. The session is supposed to have a record/notes but it does not have to be a word for word account of what was said.
Just as the Board would be in trouble if they met in closed session w/o an official agenda, so would anyone who leaked information from one if I recall correctly.

In this town everyone would be screwed then.
Oogway
Well, there's the way it's supposed to be and the way it really is. That situation's as old as Methusaleh's beard.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.