Tad's Seafood boiled crawfish trailer @ Fitch and Hwy 6 this past weekend.

2,514 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Rhinos GB
eloc62
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They were located in the Exxon parking lot @ Fitch and 6 from Friday to Sunday serving crawfish, potatoes, and corn. did anybody give them a try? I talked to the guy there and he said they will be be there on weekends and hope to expand the menu if things go well while they await groundbreaking on the restaurant in 90 days next to Lowe's.
Love Gun
Talk is talk. At this rate, Pappadeux and Hooters will be breaking ground before Tad's.

Owning land =/= Restraunt coming
txgardengirl
We gave it a try and the boiled crawfish were great.

They also had a sign on the trailer that said breaking ground in 90 days. It will be a nice addition to SCS and the area.
CrazyAgE
Is crawfish all they have for sale? Or are there other items available?
txgardengirl
So far, only crawfish at the trailer
oklaunion
Love Gun said:

Talk is talk. At this rate, Pappadeux and Hooters will be breaking ground before Tad's.

I don't see Pappadeux and Hooters serving out of a trailer before they break ground.
JavierC2005
What's that price per pound?
InMyOpinion
Love Gun said:

Hooters broke ground a while back, they will be open before Tads breaks ground
jrhmc
AG
JavierC2005 said:

That would be my question, too.
The Original AG 76
AG
jrhmc said:

JavierC2005 said:

That would be my question, too.

Got 2 lbs for $14 ish. They will switch to gumbo n stuff as soon as it warms up .
FlyRod
Looking forward to trying it. Missing Crawfish to Geaux, so maybe they'll be a good replacement.
techno-ag
AG
Hope they're up and going by football season. That would be nice.
CS78
Tried it Saturday. Good crawfish but could use little more spice. But at $7.99 a pound, doubt I'll bother again. Almost $20 for 2lbs of crawfish, 1 corn, and 1 potato.
techno-ag
AG
CS78 said:

Tried it Saturday. Good crawfish but could use little more spice. But at $7.99 a pound, doubt I'll bother again. Almost $20 for 2lbs of crawfish, 1 corn, and 1 potato.
It's expensive at the store, too. It is what it is this season.
halibut sinclair
Post removed:
by user
AgFan131
That's way too much.
Tailgate88
AG
OMG is $6.99/lb I think.
australopithecus robustus
This town is so cheap when it comes to crawfish
jrhmc
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

This town is so cheap when it comes to crawfish
I think too many of us know that the prices in Houston/Beaumont are so much cheaper and wonder why we can't get those prices here. I know I got them for $4.99/lb. in Houston in recent years but the standard around here seems to be $7.99/lb unless you go for the HEB boil at $5.99/lb. I remember getting them on special in Houston on Tuesday nights at Wolfies for $2.99 but I don't have that expectation now. We usually just buy live and cook them ourselves at this point.
Rhinos GB
The added costs are due to added transportation costs, supply & demand costs (farmers), nature disruptions (molt/weather.. so fourth.. wavering) extreme short shelf life and loss (dead before cooking). One must also think about "shrink"... 100 pounds of live crawfish does not equal 100 pounds of cooked product. The losses can be as extreme as 35% at times. These are only a few of the things that directly affect the retail price. I agree, $7.99/lb at this point in the season is high... but remember, most companies that offer extreme discounts usually offer them on Mondays or Tuesdays to help move product to prevent continued loss. Just a tad of insight.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.