MyBCS FFL 2018/19

24,025 Views | 377 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DuckDown2013
AboveAndBeyond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eloc is correct. Drafts over, time to start gathering the teams. I'll transfer Commish powers in a few, gonna miss those powers. XD

New Commish, I'll also make you a spreadsheet thing with some email addys and my # in case you need one of their # Rather NOT pass out everyones number.......
Broncos
I'm interested if there's an opening this year.
AboveAndBeyond
Keep checking here. Didnt you play with us before?

Ok Ducks has LM powers! I couldnt drop mine, looks like we BOTH have it since I actually made the league a few years back.
Broncos
I don't think I've been in this one. I was interested a few years back but it was full. I'm in a Texags Fantasy baseball league.
eloc62
guess I'll be the first to say I am in again this year. looking forward to it!
LastHamlet
AG
I'm in again. Still overseas though.
Post removed:
by user
AboveAndBeyond
Bump
AggieAces06
AG
I should be in again. Maybe I can do better than 4th this year.
AboveAndBeyond
Bump? Have we found our returning champ yet......
AboveAndBeyond
Test. Test. Test.
Post removed:
by user
AboveAndBeyond
Blahhhhhhhh
LastHamlet
AG
Still here and still in.
eloc62
Have we heard from last year winner? Did he win and bounce?
Nutmegger
AG
If you still need people, I'll play.
AboveAndBeyond
Eloc, I have not.
eloc62
So.... are we in new recruit mode yet, or when does that begin? I know it's still early, but...
AboveAndBeyond
Bump. I found the right email for DuckDown!
DuckDown2013
AG
I'm here, gang!
Looking forward to a great season. I'm traveing the next couple days. I will aim to get my act together this weekend or early next week!

Do I need to reach out to all individuals from last year to confirm if they are playing again? It looks like I may be able to get some of that Info from this thread.

What does the league need from me?I'm a commissioner of the people!
AggieAces06
AG
AboveAndBeyond said:

Bump. I found the right email for DuckDown!

Yay!!! You might finally be free of being commish... for a year anyways...
AboveAndBeyond
I've contacted most of the regulars. Majority of them are in. First things first, either vote on an online draft or local draft. Sadly I think fcag is stepping out so our draft place may not happen. I'm pretty sure I already gave you commish permissions on ESPN. Try and get a head count so we know if we can include the people interested. DATE! Start beating the draft date like a dead horse. No offense to you guys but it's like herding cats for a draft date XD.

Are there any special terms YOU would like to change? No kicker. Super Flex. Etc....... get those votes on.
Captn_Ag05
AG
If there are any openings, I want in!
AggieAces06
AG
Meow...
DuckDown2013
AG
Above and beyond- what individuals from last year have already confirmed they are playing again?

How many does that bring us to? And who have you not gotten in contact with/heard back from?
LastHamlet
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

Above and beyond- what individuals from last year have already confirmed they are playing again?

How many does that bring us to? And who have you not gotten in contact with/heard back from?

I will be back playing again.
Post removed:
by user
AboveAndBeyond
My friend and I are both in. Fcag is a maybe. Aces is like 90% maroon is always good for at least 1 team.
Irish Shane
I'm in again! I love donating.
eloc62
DuckDown2013 said:

Read the whole thread. you will see previous commits.Just trying to help.
DuckDown2013
AG
Alright Fellas,

If you played last year and are IN again for this year, I need to know your team name in the league since they don't match up with texags usernames so I can get you accounted for. So if you are in, respond to this post with something like "In again, 'team name' "

A few thoughts:

1) Entry: $100? $150? $200?

2) 12 teams is a good number in my opinion, but I am open to adding 2 more to bring it to 14 if the league is up for it. 10 teams is too few in my opinion and 16 is too many in my opinion.

3) What about draft type? Would anybody be in favor of an Auction draft? The argument behind an auction draft over a snake draft is because it is the MOST fair given that everybody has an equal opportunity to get each player. For example, If we choose to do a snake and I am randomly chosen for 11th pick, I realistically do not have a chance to get Antonio Brown. Just something to think about! I am god with whatever the league wants.

4) Draft date: I live out of State but could potentially swing a LIVE draft the weekend of the Clemson game but it would have to be on Sunday. That is also the first week of the NFL regular season, so we would have to be okay with drafting as the games are going on. Outside of a live draft, I would be down for any weekend during the pre-season. I could also SKYPE or listen in to a Live draft if the majority of league members are able to make a live draft work on a different date.

5) Any suggested roster changes? My only suggestion would be to de-value the amount of points a defense can give you. Getting beat because your opponent's defense went for 28 points is REALLY frustrating... I would propose that defenses only get awarded points for sacks, recovered fumbles & interceptions, and DST Touchdowns. This takes the yardage and points allowed elements out. In my proposed scoring, DST's would also not be allowed to give you negative points for the weekend.

6) PPR is a MUST for me.

Looking forward to a great season!

DuckDown2013
AG
AboveAndBeyond said:

Keep checking here. Didnt you play with us before?

Ok Ducks has LM powers! I couldnt drop mine, looks like we BOTH have it since I actually made the league a few years back.
I don't believe I have LM powers at this point. I don't see a League Manager Tab like I have in my other leagues.
AggieAces06
AG
Aces Are Wild here... One of the two ladies who regularly play.

1. If you go higher than $100, I'm out. - Funds are tight, so I can't just throw too much away.

2. I like the 12-14 range

3. I like the snake, but only because that's all I've done. I could possibly be convinced to go auction.

4. I would prefer to draft during the preseason, so an online draft is fine with me. We've done drafts in the past with people on FaceTime or Skype, so i don't see that as a problem for those who can't meet live. Heck last year we drafted during Hurricane Harvey!

5. I would like for defenses not to go negative! But I can live with the current set up.

6. Agree, I like the PPR.
eloc62
Cole Miners is in for this season. My thoughts on your proposals.

1. Entry fee is good at $100.

2. 12 to 14 teams seem to make for the best leagues.

3. I have gotten used to the snake draft since joining this league years ago, and think i prefer it, since it is more like the NFL draft. you get your draft position and you have to figure it out. If we do snake draft, would like to know draft position at least a couple of weeks before the draft.

4. I definetly vote to have our draft before the regular season starts!

5.Keep it PPR!

LastHamlet
AG
I am Team Romo and I will be coming back.

1. $100 entry fee is good

2. Snake draft and if possible make it early afternoon on a Saturday or Sunday. I work in the Mideast with 9 hr time zone difference.

3. 12 teams max.

4. No negative points for defenses. I like the way it is but open to some adjustments

5. Keep PPR

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.