MyBCS FFL 2018/19

24,022 Views | 377 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DuckDown2013
AboveAndBeyond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That is absolutely crazy man. Didnt know if you had some insight or something.
AggieAces06
AG
Good luck everyone. I think today is going to be brutal for me.

Let's see if I can sneak into the playoffs.
Nom de Plume
AG
Looks very likely I'll be the only team in our division with a winning record. Wow. I've never seen that kind of disparity.
Nom de Plume
AG
If everything holds, Texas Chucks edges Aces on points tiebreaker for the 6th spot.

Cole Miners is in over Texas Chucks with a win but he is trailing in projection right now.

For a while today it looked like it would be me from Bevel and 5 out of 6 from No Bevel. Lol
AggieAces06
AG
I had too many injuries at key times, and made a couple bad/questionable trades.

Ryan and Jones didn't get anything going today to help salvage some points.

Maybe next year will be better.
eloc62
Nom de Plume said:

If everything holds, Texas Chucks edges Aces on points tiebreaker for the 6th spot.

Cole Miners is in over Texas Chucks with a win but he is trailing in projection right now.

For a while today it looked like it would be me from Bevel and 5 out of 6 from No Bevel. Lol
Cole Miners is in what?
Nom de Plume
AG
The playoffs. If you hold on to win, you'll be one of four 6-7 teams and own the tiebreak for the last playoff spot.
Irish Shane
Come on Alshon Jeffery! Miraculously help me make the playoffs!
eloc62
Nom de Plume said:

The playoffs. If you hold on to win, you'll be one of four 6-7 teams and own the tiebreak for the last playoff spot.
Really? I can't believe i can actually make the playoffs. I had pretty much given up on this team a couple of weeks ago. This is a whole new ball game. Just get in the tournament , get hot, and then who knows what can happen.
AboveAndBeyond
What a day for my team to **** the bed. Broken not only lose 2 players but Thomas had a bad game. All I needed was a decent game and I think I edge in. Of course Baker poops on me. Qnd Fornette throwing a punch was my punishment for praying we beat LSU. Oh well, my other league is going great.
slider676
AG
My 3 RBs keep bailing me out of games. However, I'm definitely wounded for the playoffs since Green and Olsen appear out for the year. Was hoping NE lost yesterday because I need KC to clinch and bench their starters in week 16 to potentially hurt PH Demons.
AboveAndBeyond
I had words with Aces about that Lindsey trade...... I kid, I kid. She made an executive decision that ended up biting her. AND I ONLY NEED 28 POINTS FROM THE SKINS D DANG IT!
drjaytamu
AG
Gonna end up 10-3 with highest points but be relegated to week 14 "play in" match due to scheduling.

Any reason why we play teams from the other division twice? I lost in week #1 to Broken Brilliance (to high point with 3rd highest score) and have been chasing that game ever since but never got another head-to-head opportunity. If we award byes for division winners, shouldn't there be more division games?

Once we entered week 6 (non-divisional play), I outscored him in 7 of the 8 weeks.

To be clear, I'm not complaining but just curious (as we certainly could have been matched up in the week he outscored me). Regardless, I'll have my troops ready to go!

(and hoping Randall Cobb can contribute ... Tre'Quan Smith scored just as much for me active this week than he did when he was a surprise late scratch on Thanksgiving. I was in Iceland leading a study abroad and didn't see it until that a.m.)

slider676
AG
I know it's helped me out this year, but I agree on scheduling. This would be my suggestion.

Everyone plays 16 games. You do double headers in weeks 2, 3, and 13. That allows everyone to have their full roster and no one gets an unfair advantage due to multiple bye week players.

You'll then play your division twice (10 games) and the other division once (6 games). Then everyone would have scheduling parity.
Nom de Plume
AG
I thought that's how scheduling worked in the past. Or maybe that was a different league I was in... But yes, that's a good idea.
AggieAces06
AG
Nom de Plume said:

I thought that's how scheduling worked in the past. Or maybe that was a different league I was in... But yes, that's a good idea.
It hasn't been that way since I've been playing in this league...

And AAB might talk big, but I kicked myself the moment the Lindsay trade went through. Then I kicked myself again when Gordon went out with the knee injury.
DuckDown2013
AG
this kind of customization you guys are talking about is possible, BUT not with a free league from espn. There are only a certain amount of things you can do with a free site. IF everyone is willing to increase buy in OR donate money of pot to a paid league (100-150), then we would be free to make any little changes we want.
AboveAndBeyond
Ahem. I would like to thank my 1st overall, Fornette for being there for me this season. A HUGE shout out to Bortles, for only pulling your head out of your ass AFTER I dropped you. And a very special YA to the rest of my team who decided to go off in their own ways and never work together.......

I kid, I kid. It's nice to see some regulars in the playoffs this season! God Speed, guys.
AboveAndBeyond
Conner
AJ
Olsen

Sure, they pick this week to be out......
slider676
AG
I hadn't looked at ESPN today to see Conner was hurt...

Nom de Plume
AG
Man, the waiver system is brutal for a team that wins a crappy division. Teams that are 3 or 4 games better have picked ahead of me all season.
AggieAces06
AG
I agree with that! I started the season strong and was ok with being at the bottom of the list, but that didn't seem to change and things started going downhill.

I had lots of picks snatched ahead of me this year.
drjaytamu
AG
I'll trade you Jimmy Graham for your bye ...
Nom de Plume
AG
Right?!

That wouldn't be a prudent move, but I might have traded for a waiver spot much higher for the last 2 months.
slider676
AG
AJ Green
Greg Olsen
James Conner
And now Emmanuel Sanders...

Half my team is gone in 4 days.

Out of curiosity what are the payouts? Is it top 3?
DuckDown2013
AG
slider676 said:

AJ Green
Greg Olsen
James Conner
And now Emmanuel Sanders...

Half my team is gone in 4 days.

Out of curiosity what are the payouts? Is it top 3?

50% 600
30% 360
20% 240
drjaytamu
AG
Now that playoffs have started, waiver order determined by seed.

In the weeks before that, determined by record and PF. I have constantly been 11/12 for the last month. No way you were picking behind me and Broken Brilliance.
Nom de Plume
AG
I see. Didn't realize it changed with playoffs.
drjaytamu
AG
Derrick Henry will never have another game like this and he's on my bench. ALMOST flexed him. Would have if I didnt get Graham. Stupid waiver order. Ha!
slider676
AG
Nom de Plume
AG
I just saw that. Wow.

Your entire team is ridiculously good.
eloc62
drjay, since i am the one playing you this week, I'm sure I'm the only one who is glad you left Henry on the bench. I really don't think i have a chance to beat you this week, but if you had played Henry, that would have certainly sealed my demise before the weekend ever started.
AboveAndBeyond
Its Henry, he will literally never have a game like that again. That game alone was more yards and TDs than hes had all year combined. I drafted him, mostly because he was "best available" at that time....... I KNEW better than to break my "Never draft an Alabama offensive player not named Julio" rule but did anyways.
eloc62
Wow, can't believe i beat the Demons. Like they say, just get into the tournament, get hot at the right time, and who knows what can happen. Survive and advance.
Nom de Plume
AG
That's a huge win, and perhaps a bad beat for PhD.

And now you run into the juggernaut that is me, perhaps the weakest playoff team in FF history. I'm actually just a touch embarrassed. Hopefully you can overcome my low-triple digits projection. Good luck.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.