Looking for a Rental House

4,011 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by B$Weigem
StarryAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was told this board might have some suggestions ( and also so brutal responses), but I'm in a pretty rough situation, and can't find anyone that is willing to help, so I thought I would take the risk and ask here.

I have a family of 4, and have been a long time renter. Last year we had a major financial crisis occur. We are on the road to recovery and are stable, but our credit was impacted greatly.

Our long term landlord notified us two weeks ago that he is selling the home, and has elected not to renew our lease in may.

We have been scrambling trying to find a place, and we have been unsuccessful. If anyone knows of someone who can help, please let me know. jmak10127 at gmail
Captn_Ag05
AG
What is your monthly target amount? It might help people with suggestions if you have a budget in mind.

PS - good luck to you. I hope it all works out.
Wicked Good Ag
Same here. Are you looking for something for just through the summer or after that. What is your price point ?
StarryAg
I'm looking for something that is at least a year long lease. Ideally around $1500, but under $1800.

We have a great steady income and ability to pay several months in advance, but we still have not been able to get anything through any of the property management companies.

We nearly lost everything last year, but instead of opting for bankruptcy or anything like that, we chose to stick it out and work through it. Now it seems that decision is biting us in the backside.

With two children in CSISD, we are hoping to be able to keep things stable for them and not completely have to move them after the rough year we are still recovering from.

It is very discouraging.
dubi
AG
Cross post on Real Estate board.

Good Luck!
ChampsAg
A house just went up for lease in Forest Lake subdivision. Listed by Better Homes & Garden I believe. Corner of Dyess and Hardy Weedon
Stupe
S
I drive around a lot. If I see any "for rent" signs that are by an individual instead of a company I'll post the address

Drive around Dove Meadows, Eidelweiss, Shenendoah, etc...

Those areas are in your ballpark and are CSISD.
txgardengirl
Rental inventory is high. I suggest finding an agent that will help - there are a lot of individual owners that will take a tenant in your situation with a solid deposit. You've got this!
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Quite s few in dove crossing off Graham rd. Not sure when they are available though.
AggieAces06
AG
Good luck! We just went through having to find a rental. It's tough, but we did get some leads through this board.

I will add to call the realty companies as well. They have some listings that aren't on the MLS.
Oogway
I saw one with a lease sign off of Deacon east of Welsh when I was passing by; if I drive that way again I will post the cross street. No idea what those are priced but it is probably reasonable.
Costa and Andreas
My Mother in Law has a 3/2 available in Raintree. If you're interested feel free to email me.
info@eccellgroup.com
Costa
tvoiles
Great tool is Zillow, use the option to search for rentals

A quick search for homes 3+ bedrooms up to $1750 per month showed more than 100 responses in College Station

Plenty of homes available in Edelweiss Gartens, Dove's crossings and others down to $1300 for such a home

Great time to look before they all turn over the summer
AggieAces06
AG
While a ton of listing pop up, many of the vacant ones now are pre-leased for August. That's the issue we kept running into.

OP, you might have to be flexible in your lease and be willing to stay somewhere over the summer and then move again in August. It's not ideal, but you might have to get creative.
tvoiles
2412 Pintail Loop in College Station
3/2
$1350

Available end of 5/25
Oogway
Okay, drove to the post office today- the house is on Pueblo Court and on Zillow as 1750/mo available now I think. That neighborhood is deed restricted to families only so you're good.

Wherever you land, best of luck to you!
dubi
AG
Update?
StarryAg
I owe a huge thank you to this board. We had several people reach out, and found a house owned by a great Ag that works well for us.

We are signing a lease today.

We will not be able to move in until the 30th, so we are now looking for a short term option for two weeks and storage options.
Stupe
S
Your only option for that amount of time is an extended stay hotel or a friend, unfortunately.
Storage facilities are about the same rate no matter what, so get one close to the house you are moving into.
nought
AG
Stupe said:

Your only option for that amount of time is an extended stay hotel or a friend, unfortunately.
Storage facilities are about the same rate no matter what, so get one close to the house you are moving into.
airbnb and vrbo might be options for a couple of weeks. OP might be able to find someone willing to rent their game-day rental out for a couple of weeks for a good rate.
StarryAg
We have been looking into Airbnb, vrbo, homeaway, etc. The rates are very high, and not something that is entirely affordable at this time.
ringrit
Woodspring suites in Bryan is $350/week I believe. Not fancy, but may be enough to get you thru a couple weeks.
threecatcorner
As far as storage places, some of them at least used to offer the first month at a discounted rate.
Married2AnAggie
S
What are the specific dates you need?
dubi
AG
Married2AnAggie said:

What are the specific dates you need?

They have leased.
threecatcorner
I think the question about dates was in regard to the approx. 2 weeks between when they have to be out of their current place and when the new lease will start at the place they found.
StarryAg
May 15-30 are the dates
B$Weigem
AG
Edit: Saw you found a place.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.