FM2818 / FM60 interchange

4,885 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Expert Analysis
duffelpud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The right turn off east-bound 60 to head south on 2818 is a perfect storm for potential fatalities. The crumple zone on the rh guard rail has already been replaced at least once due to someone oversteering in the narrow turn area. The amount of deceleration necessary to successfully navigate that turn is crazy - even in a 45. Its design comes across an afterthought.
"What's this button do?"
Gigem314
AG
Expert Analysis said:

cwood15 said:

Anyone know the timeline on the Bush/Wellborn work?

AFAIK start date is 3-4 years out at a minimum.
Seriously? I thought it was supposed to start this year? And they just leveled that old apartment building on the corner next to AO.
75AG
AG
Gigem314 said:

Expert Analysis said:

cwood15 said:

Seriously? I thought it was supposed to start this year? And they just leveled that old apartment building on the corner next to AO.
That gives time for the rats to clear the construction zone.
Oogway
I navigated that in the dark after dropping off someone at the airport for a predawn flight.
Dark, cones everywhere, sharp turn, and even with knowing it was coming and having traveled it plenty it was a pain. Highway to highway should always be smooth not sharp, it's more efficient.
Expert Analysis
AG
Gigem314 said:

Expert Analysis said:

cwood15 said:

They are going to do the 2818 work between 60 and wellborn first to increase capacity over there for when they close bush/wellborn for a year to do the majority of that work.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.