Does the Farmers Market still occur and if so, what days and where?

906 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FlyRod
mhnatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does the Farmers Market still occur and if so, what days and where? We haven't been in town for a while and would like to obtain some of our favorite olive oil (named "Texas Gold" from Cat Spring TX). A vendor used to sell it there. Thanks!
jrhmc
AG
It's still on Saturdays at the Brazos Valley Farmer's Market. Check their Facebook page for other info.

https://www.facebook.com/brazos.valley.farmers.market/
mhnatt
Is this the same one that was at the Scott & White hospital parking lot during a weekday?
jrhmc
AG
Yes, there are just more vendors in Downtown Bryan on Saturdays.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The Local at Lake Walk (near Stella hotel) is worth checking out. Each Tuesday 4-7.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
Can you provide a bit more info. This is the first I have heard of this one. Perhaps a website.

Edit: Nevermind Google was my friend.

Has anyone been? Reviews? What are the typical offerings?
Captn_Ag05
AG
https://www.lakewalktx.com/thelocal

Link for others. It does list current vendors. There is usually music and food trucks as well. With the nice spring weather (hopefully), I'd definitely recommend checking it out over next couple weeks.
momlaw
AG
The Brazos Valley Farmers Market is downtown Bryan Saturday mornings. It is not affiliated with the Scott and White markets on Tuesdays @ University location and Fridays @ Rock Prairie/6 location, noon until 5:30. These are South Brazos County Farmers Market.

There may be some overlap in vendors, not sure.
momlaw
FlyRod
The downtown Bryan one has upped their game re meat and eggs--pork, beef, lamb, chicken, and occasionally rabbit. I pretty much buy all the meat I buy there now. They do ok on produce, but still have a ways to go here IMO.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.