Best Places to Live in College Station?

6,754 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Oogway
2012gaugeAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hi all,

I've got a good friend moving back to CS this summer. She and her husband wanted to know where they should be looking to live. They'll be starting a family soon, so a family-friendly neighborhood would be nice. Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

SCHTICK00
AG
What's their budget for starters? Private or public school?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Buy or rent, budget?

There are fine neighborhoods in college station ranging from $100k to many times that.
nonameag99
Miramont
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
KidDoc
AG
I love Pebble Creek but it is a bit overpriced IMO. Also there are not a ton of young kids around mostly older kids and retired folks.

Castle Gate is a bit more moderately priced and has more young families as far as I can tell.

My kids were 16 & 20 when we moved here so I don't have first hand experience with younger families just what I've seen when driving about.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jrhmc
AG
We've been very happy with the Shenandoah neighborhood for raising our kids. It's in a good school district and there are a lot of reasonably priced starter homes. The parks are nice and as long as you make sure you buy in the HOA area, the pool and clubhouse are great amenities for a low HOA fee. It's not Pebble Creek or Castlegate but the prices are also not Pebble Creek or Castlegate. There are plenty of kids and young families still around as well as high school aged babysitters now that my kids and their friends are older.
jac4
AG
Mumford
Anderson-Shiro
Iola
2012gaugeAg
AG
They're looking to rent and their budget is $1500-$2000 per month.
Stupe
S
They can get into a pretty nice 3 bedroom in Edelweiss, Copperfield, Dove Meadow, or Shenandoah at that price.
Oogway
+1 for Edelweiss either for rent or to buy although Shenandoah is good too.

Close to schools (although that may be a little ways off), parks, grocery, dentist, dr and hospitals.

Not too far from campus, but far enough that the neighborhoods are quiet. Quick drive down highway 6 or FM 2154 to Bryan if they go to First Friday.

IMO the other neighborhoods mentioned are good too, Sonoma is another one, and scattered throughout Southwood Valley you might find some, but the northern edge of that (towards Southwest Parkway) is a mix of students and more spotty on whether you will find families unless you are near Bee Creek.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.