Toilet Repair Recommendations

1,192 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by toolshed
phatpat21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy, first time we've needed our toilet looked at. It won't flush I've replaced a couple things and bought a snake from Lowe's to try and fix it that way with no luck. And recommendations for a plumber that can take a look at it that won't cost a ton?
Thanks
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Like it's stopped up or no water comes out when you pull the handle?
phatpat21
Plenty of water. The toilet fills up when you flush it and takes forever or doesn't drain out at all. I thought maybe something was stuck which is why I bought a snake, but it only goes maybe 3-4 feet. Unsure what else to do other than call someone.
JP76
Is this the only toilet in the house ?
If not is the other one acting normal ?
Any water backing up in showers or bathtubs or slow to drain ?

When you run the snake does it go all the way down or does it stop ?
phatpat21
Not the only toilet, Other toilet works fine
Water drains in bath tub
The snake went maybe 3-4 feet, but that's only how long it is. It seemed to work a little better after I did that but now it doesn't flush again. I'm thinking the kids flushed something down the toilet...
Love Gun
There should be a PVC drain pipe outside your house. Unscrew the cap and try to remove whatever is clogging it. Happened to me a few years ago because wife was flushing baby wipes.
phatpat21
Will try that, thank you
MUAG
Google unstopping slow drain with baking soda and vinegar. Has worked for friends and me.
CEAg78
AG
Eventually -- Brazos Sewer and Drain.
opstx
AG
As always, Gus Heinze at Eagle Plumbing, 979-450-5346.

The best!
toolshed
AG
If the other toilets/ tubs/ sinks are draining fine, the exterior cleanout is going to be of little use. That's the cleanout to access between the house and the city line, and if it was clogged, other fixtures would be backing up.

You'll likely need to pull the toilet and run a snake/ auger down the line to remove the obstruction. The lead end of it needs to have a larger tip on it and rotate to remove the clog vs just punching a small hole into it.

Hopefully it's just a waste/ toilet paper clog and not something more serious, such as a root ball that's entered through a cracked drain pipe.

I use Wilson Plumbing for all of my repair and remodel work. 979.690.4219
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.