Is 105.3 gone forever?

4,183 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by O.G.
Prune Tracy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The radio station is now some Baliwood Houston something, their website is dead, and their Facebook has been inactive for a while, now.
Justified
They were having problems with that and supposedly the fcc wouldn't do anything about it?
Prune Tracy
Yeah. They had ads about it several month ago, but it went dead air for a couple of days, then has been some Indian/Hindu station (half-assed) for the last week or more.

No other B/CS stations are comparable. You have a little bit on KTEX at lunch, but that's it. Nothing 24/7 on terrestrial radio.
Love Gun
I emailed them the other day to ask WTF and they replied...

"The owner leased 105.3 to someone else. It is no longer under our control."

Sucks because I loved that station and don't want to listen to that bro-Country crap on Aggie 96, KORA or KTEX
Tex Aggie
AG
Bryan Broadcasting should pick up this format. They should change maverick to it.
Tailgate88
AG
What format was it?
chigger
AG
Yeah I've never even heard of it.
Look Out Below
AG
You should listen to Willy 97.7 then.
BrazosWifi
Tailgate88 said:

What format was it?

Red-dirt or smaller artists. Generally was pretty good listening.

Was 92.5 back about 2003.
Prune Tracy
Classic country, Americana, and Texas/Red Dirt country
fcag
AG
Willy 97.7 is great if you like old country (Hank, Merle, etc). I used to listen 97.1 out of Houston (Country Legends) but the signal wasn't that great up here.

Sounds like 105.3 was different with more Texas Country. Wish I had known about that station. A quick look at their wiki page and it looks like they still exist on 94.9 out of Ganado, TX.
AggieBarstool
Gangster Octopus said:

Classic country, Americana, and Texas/Red Dirt country
What is "Red Dirt country"?
Prune Tracy
Oklahoma based, like Boland, Ragweed, Mike McClure, Stony Larue, etc.
Big_Worm
AG
This frigging blows. What can we do to help get it back on the air?
TSJ
AG
http://player.listenlive.co/48801/en/songhistory

I am not a big country person, but after living a couple years in fort worth, 95.9 The Ranch brought me around. Its Texas and red dirt primarily. None of the nashville pop to get in the way.
Prune Tracy
The Ranch is a great format. I travel to Dallas regularly and always start trying to pick up a signal once I hit Ennis.

I gave up on 97.1, though it's still a preset in my Jeep. They have a HUGE available catalogue, but keep the same 100 songs in ultra heavy rotation. When you drive a lot, the repeats get old.

97.7 is a notch above 97.1 and would absolutely kill if they'd adjust their format a bit and start mixing in what 105.3 just stopped playing.
GoneGirl
AG
Do you people not have Pandora or Amazon Music?
"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
Prune Tracy
TxElsie said:

Do you people not have Pandora or Amazon Music?

Have both, but neither offer the random variety of OTA radio. When I'm in the mood to hear a specific type of music or artist, they're great, but there's no way they'll go from Merle to Adam Hood to George Straight to SRV.
The Brazos Kid
Makes me sad that it is no more. I miss the fishing reports from my pal Kenny Allen.

"May you always have cows around"...
BrazosDog02
AG
I have a fancy hd radio in my truck but once I got Pandora and then spotify ..... yeah....I don't even listen to regular radio anymore. Not sure why anyone would. Commercials, same tired songs in loop. No way they can keep a library like spotify or pandora.

Fire up pandora, add randy rogers, let her rip....
Love Gun
BrazosDog02 said:

I have a fancy hd radio in my truck but once I got Pandora and then spotify ..... yeah....I don't even listen to regular radio anymore. Not sure why anyone would. Commercials, same tired songs in loop. No way they can keep a library like spotify or pandora.

That's all well and good, but Spotify runs up the data on my phone
Big_Worm
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Respectfully disagree. I use Spotify all the time, but there are a lot of times that I just want to listen to the local radio. For news, fishing reports, and many other things. This is a big time bummer.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
If you have premium, you can download your playlists to "offline mode" and then you only have to worry about data use if you play something that you haven't downloaded. You can also add your personal music that isn't in their database if your phone and your computer with your mp3 files and the spotify desktop app are using the same WiFi signal.
DontBeTriggered
Look Out Below said:

You should listen to Willy 97.7 then.

The Willy is my favorite!
blinnboy83
Damnit. I had been listening to it and it's prior version since about 2002 whenever I'm in town. I used to go to the Wednesday Night Live or whatever acoustic shows with Randy Rogers etc... I've had Spotify for several years and it's amazing, but it doesn't take the place of terrestrial radio. I enjoy not knowing what's coming and that an actual person is sometimes picking out songs and talking about them. There's something special about a great radio station they can't be had through Pandora IMO. At least there is still 98.9 Kutx in Austin, KNBT in New Braunfels, and 92.3 around Lagrange...
Post removed:
by user
O.G.
Tex Aggie said:

Bryan Broadcasting should pick up this format. They should change maverick to it.
Yep, Maverick was a bad idea from day one. In a town flooded with country stations....lets add another ....country station.

105.3 was the best around for Texas/ Red Dirt. Its a shame that its gone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.