Cellular Providers

1,131 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Prune Tracy
Prune Tracy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I currently have AT&T, but am fed up with their billing since the DirecTV merger. If there is a comparable or better provider, I'll gladly switch.

What do y'all have and what are your experiences? We live in south CS and my wife works on campus, if that matters.
Stupe
S
We've had Verizon wireless forever and wouldn't change even if we saved a little money with another provider. I can only think of one time that I've had a customer service issue and our cell service is better when we travel.

Just don't use them for internet.
deh40
AG
My wife had Verizon through work when we moved to south CS and had to switch to AT&T because reception was so bad.
Read-Only Memory
If the only thing you don't like about AT&T is the billing then I suggest AT&T pre-paid or Cricket (owned by AT&T and you can use AT&T locked phones on their service).

https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans.html

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phone-plans
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I've had Verizon for 10+ years and never had any reception issues around here.
TSJ
AG
+1 for cricket. I have had it for 3 years and it's pretty painless.
Its Not Rocket Surgery
AG
Fired AT&T after numerous bouts of frustration about three years ago after being a loyal cellular and UVerse customer for almost 15 years. They never even asked why, just terminated the service. Moved to Verizon with no regrets.
BrazosWifi
I've been with AT&T for about 16 years here in B/CS.

Verizon wins hands down in the rural areas due to their lower frequencies (goes further through trees).

I haven't had trouble but I hear some people have trouble with AT&T in the rural areas.

Can't speak to those folks that live in town. AT&T worked fine for me when I worked on the TAMU campus.
Prune Tracy
Cricket is a good idea. I had Verizon back in the mid 00's and had major problems with dropped calls. I was even dropping calls to their helpline when I called to complain about dropped calls. I was hoping that Sprint was now viable, but it sounds like the two majors are what I have to deal with. At least Cricket is paybas you go and I don't have to worry about auto bill and the crappy at&t system.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.