Freddy's

2,607 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GiveEmHellBill
Cancelled
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I realize this is a chain, but they make one hell of a burger. Sorry WB fans, but this place makes my favorite fast food burger in town.
AgsWin2011
AG
Freddy's is awesome. They make a good hot dog too.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Good burger on the fast food level. Wish it was a bit bigger though!
Captn_Ag05
AG
And the custard is great too. It fills a void left since Shake's closed down.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The Double Steakburger California Style is a very satisfying meal.
AggieBarstool
Freddie's for the win!
Roc96
AG
My wife and I refer to it as a therapy session at Dr. Frederick's. It's a code to not tip off the kids, so we can leave them at the house.
Roc
Eliminatus
AG
Freddie's is damn good. No question. But portion size does not leave much to be desired when you are striving for a heart attack. If I am gonna destroy my heart and colon, I want to go all out.

Burger for burger, WB is still king.

Doesn't mean I won't eat the hell out of some Freddie's though. Also helps it is much closer to me.
curry97
AG
I miss Shake's, but Freddy's custard is really good
snaglepuss
My favorite fries too...
ChipFTAC01
AG
What was the ice cream/burger place in the shopping center next to Bennigans at Texas and Harvey?
etmydst
AG
Swensen's?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

What was the ice cream/burger place in the shopping center next to Bennigans at Texas and Harvey?

Swensens. And back in the day they had a great tasting ice cream and great tasting cheeseburgers and fries. The sticky chewy chocolate flavor of ice cream there was legendary.

That place straight got mismanaged into the ground by it's new ownership/franchise. I think if reopened and better mgmt it would thrive.
95_Aggie
AG
The pickles on Freddy's burgers are missing something ... lettuce & tomatoes
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yep.
CrazyAgE
Eliminatus said:

Freddie's is damn good. No question. But portion size does not leave much to be desired when you are striving for a heart attack. If I am gonna destroy my heart and colon, I want to go all out.

Burger for burger, WB is still king.

Doesn't mean I won't eat the hell out of some Freddie's though. Also helps it is much closer to me.
The new location in Tower Point?? Because if so, WB is only a few hundred feet across the bypass
Roc96
AG
etmydst said:

Swensen's?
This times 1,000. I even looked them up online yesterday. The only one in Texas is in Midland, and there are only three in the United States. If I had the $$, I'd franchise the heck out of that.
Roc
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Roc96 said:

etmydst said:

Swensen's?
This times 1,000. I even looked them up online yesterday. The only one in Texas is in Midland, and there are only three in the United States. If I had the $$, I'd franchise the heck out of that.
Lol, I did the same. And I agree. I would as well. I would make some changes to the Swensens we had back in the day but not that many. As mentioned earlier, I think that place got severely mismanaged in the last year or 2 after it sold to another owner.

DBSwooper
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Roc96 said:

etmydst said:

Swensen's?
Lol, I did the same. And I agree. I would as well. I would make some changes to the Swensens we had back in the day but not that many. As mentioned earlier, I think that place got severely mismanaged in the last year or 2 after it sold to another owner.

Still not as good as Braum's, which will never open here because we're outside of a DOT day from the dairy.
happyinBCS
Freddy's is great they offer lettuce wraps on all burgers as a substitute for the bun
drivinwest
AG
Freddy's is my guilty pleasure after a long run. Love getting a handful of those tiny fries with that crack sauce.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
AGnCS said:

The pickles on Freddy's burgers are missing something ... lettuce & tomatoes
It's called the California Style. It's a Freddy's burger....with lettuce & tomatoes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.