Aggieland
Sponsored By

All The King's Men

The Anchor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know this place has been mentioned on the Coming and Going thread, but it deserves it's own thread. My wife and I went there over the weekend. It may be one of our new favorite spots. Everything was excellent. The atmosphere, the service, and the food were top notch.

We had the Kitchen Sink sandwich, St. Louis ribs, Gouda mac and cheese, a wild boar sausage link and a couple of beers. Everything was great! We will definitely be going back.

It's in downtown Bryan.
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great place...bbq, sides, beer and whiskey all good. The "kinda expensive for this town" crowd gripe about it, but they are doing good business. Love this addition to the downtown Bryan scene.
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been wanting to try this place, glad to hear good things.
farmersfight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Candied pork belly burnt ends!
Heismenberg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ATKM is damn good. But I bet you spent around $75 before tip.
The Anchor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heismenberg said:

ATKM is damn good. But I bet you spent around $75 before tip.


$50ish with $10 tip.
australopithecus robustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quality costs a little more
one MEEN Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ATKM has incredible brisket and turkey. The bark on the brisket was perfect and the rub was really good. You don't need the sauce, but the spicy and an expresso sauces are amazing as well.

Very pleased with our trip and excited a great BBQ restaurant has opened up in town.
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We tried this place as well recently.

We loved the candied burnt ends as an appitizer and got the brisket and Mac and cheese and grits as sides.

The good
BBQ was solid. Nothing earth shattering but good. Better than Good Bull and Rudy's
Wife LOVED the grits and the burnt ends were solid except one piece that was basically pure fat
Kids will like the Mac and cheese that we brought home but there was a reason we saved more for them instead of us


The bad. Price point. The cost was too much IMO. $35 for what we got was a bit high. Everything on menu is more expensive then Truth in Brenham a top 10 place. Nothing they had competes with Truth other than promixity.

Will we go back. Yes. But at the price point we are not willing to purchase an $8.50 slice of pecan pie to even know if it is worth it. They should really have a lunch special set up to get people to try other items.
17.50 per person for lunch for the amount we got wasn't worth it.

Would rather play an extra $20 for gas and get more brisket (extra 1/2 pound of brisket and a piece of cake ) from Truth.
The Anchor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

We tried this place as well recently.

We loved the candied burnt ends as an appitizer and got the brisket and Mac and cheese and grits as sides.

The good
BBQ was solid. Nothing earth shattering but good. Better than Good Bull and Rudy's
Wife LOVED the grits and the burnt ends were solid except one piece that was basically pure fat
Kids will like the Mac and cheese that we brought home but there was a reason we saved more for them instead of us


The bad. Price point. The cost was too much IMO. $35 for what we got was a bit high. Everything on menu is more expensive then Truth in Brenham a top 10 place. Nothing they had competes with Truth other than promixity.

Will we go back. Yes. But at the price point we are not willing to purchase an $8.50 slice of pecan pie to even know if it is worth it. They should really have a lunch special set up to get people to try other items.
17.50 per person for lunch for the amount we got wasn't worth it.

Would rather play an extra $20 for gas and get more brisket (extra 1/2 pound of brisket and a piece of cake ) from Truth.
I haven't been to Truth, so I can't really compare the two. However, we have 3 little ones 4 and under. When we get nights out we aren't going to add at least an hour of driving to our date nights. Maybe we will get out there one day.
theycallmemrtibbs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wicked Good Ag said:

Would rather play an extra $20 for gas and get more brisket (extra 1/2 pound of brisket and a piece of cake ) from Truth.

$20 for gas to get to Brenham?? Are you driving a RV from the 1980s to get there?
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$20 includes gas an extra half pound of brisket and a large piece of cake in addition to what we got at all the kings men
drivinwest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm a fan as well. Sausage, brisket, sauces, mac and cheese, potato salad, candied tips--all solid. They also have a very decent beer selection. About 20 or so taps.
Zombie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I absolutely love this place. Not sure why everyone is saying it is so pricey. Girlfriend and I went, shared a 1/2 lb brisket, 1/2 lb sausage, two sides and 4 beers between us. Spent $50 w/ tip. Very decent price for the food and alcohol
b0ridi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zombie said:

I absolutely love this place. Not sure why everyone is saying it is so pricey. Girlfriend and I went, shared a 1/2 lb brisket, 1/2 lb sausage, two sides and 4 beers between us. Spent $50 w/ tip. Very decent price for the food and alcohol
If I'm spending $50 on a meal, I better get more than 1 lb of meat.
MosesHallRAB83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
b0ridi said:

Zombie said:

I absolutely love this place. Not sure why everyone is saying it is so pricey. Girlfriend and I went, shared a 1/2 lb brisket, 1/2 lb sausage, two sides and 4 beers between us. Spent $50 w/ tip. Very decent price for the food and alcohol
If I'm spending $50 on a meal, I better get more than 1 lb of meat.
Did you not read 2 sides, 4 beers and that price was with the tip?
Zombie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Exactly. And it was more than enough for a lunch. And I am a fairly big guy at 6'3, 240. The sides were good portions and the meat was excellent. And these weren't cheap beers either. They were different crafts that we tried
rhoswen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FlyRod said:

Great place...bbq, sides, beer and whiskey all good. The "kinda expensive for this town" crowd gripe about it, but they are doing good business. Love this addition to the downtown Bryan scene.
Page 1 of 1
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.