Shout Out to CSPD

2,253 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Scruffy
Oogway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you for the tweetalong this weekend. Was a great way to get some insight into some of the things you do to keep our community safe.

@CSTXPolice
redd38
AG
I enjoyed it too
Stupe
S
I liked it, too.

It lets's people that have never been on the street see that crap they put up with.
AgsWin2011
AG
While thinking it was pretty funny/entertaining, doesn't this seem like it could result in some sort of harassment case?
Scruffy
AG
I liked it.
Always fun to see some of the interesting things that happen after I go to bed.
I would like if they could add more detain to the activity reports. Like the name of the person etc.
Oogway
How is it any different than body cameras or the television show that rides along with the police on patrol?
Oogway
I don't think they will name people any more. I'm okay with that; people form some angry social media mobs sometimes and that can get out of control before the accused has a chance to go before a judge.
Scruffy
AG
I can see that.

I would like to see more of these tweetalongs. Helps show they are part of the community and trying to keep people safe, not just trying to bust people having a good time.
techno-ag
AG
Scruffy said:

I liked it.
I would like if they could add more detain to the activity reports. Like the name of the person etc.
oooo ... Bad boys, bad boys.
Whatcha gonna do.
Whatcha gonna do when they Tweetin' you?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
techno-ag said:

Scruffy said:

I liked it.
oooo ... Bad boys, bad boys.
Whatcha gonna do.
Whatcha gonna do when they Tweetin' you?

I laughed at a Techno post. There's a first time for everything I guess.

I too enjoyed it. If you're in public I don't see how you can have any expectation of privacy. Probably best not to use names. But pics and video are fair game.
CSTXPolice
AG
Thank you all for your feedback! We're glad most people had an enjoyable time learning more about what kinds of issues our officers respond to on a mostly-typical Saturday night (yes, it was Chilifest weekend, but most officers felt the cold weather kept the call-volume low).

In the incidents where crimes were committed and discussed, we hope viewers learned how to prevent themselves from becoming victims of crimes or from committing those crimes themselves. While our officers did make some arrests throughout the night, it should be apparent that the focus of the #tweetalong was on our officers and our work (not on the offenders).

Improving safety in our community is truly a team effort and while police officers do have special tools and legal powers, we are merely members of our community who are fortunate enough to have the job of focusing full-time on improving public safety. Hopefully, also learning a little more about why we do our jobs and how we do our jobs, our residents gain a better understanding of how we can all work together toward making our community a better, safer place to live, work, and visit.
AggieBarstool
Thanks for all y'all do!

For anyone interested, I highly suggest doing an actual ride-along during a Friday or Saturday night shift. You learn to appreciate CSPD all that much more when you see the crap they have to put up with in the name of public safety.
Love Gun
AggieBarstool said:

Thanks for all y'all do!

For anyone interested, I highly suggest doing an actual ride-along during a Friday or Saturday night shift. You learn to appreciate CSPD all that much more when you see the crap they have to put up with in the name of public safety.

Better yet, I encourage people to go out with the Northgate officers on a game day weekend. They are definitely at the tip of the spear. Good job, fellas. Thank you for all that you do.
AgFan131
While we have your attention, could you address the traffic congestion caused by motorists entering the intersection on University when traffic ahead of them has stopped? It backs up traffic on campus and basically in all directions.

Thanks! And thanks for all you do.
AgsWin2011
AG
AgFan131 said:

While we have your attention, could you address the traffic congestion caused by motorists entering the intersection on University when traffic ahead of them has stopped? It backs up traffic on campus and basically in all directions.

Also, if you have any pull with TXDOT, can you have them build overpasses on 2818 at George Bush and Holleman? That'd be great.

Thanks for your service!
redd38
AG
Heismenberg said:

AgFan131 said:

Also, if you have any pull with TXDOT, can you have them build overpasses on 2818 at George Bush and Holleman? That'd be great.

Thanks for your service!

Also can you assign one officer solely to the task of keeping pedestrians from jaywalking at the University & Boyett from 10pm to 2:30am on Friday & Saturday nights? It's a dangerous intersection that's made more dangerous by pedestrians ignoring the signals and officers ignoring the pedestrians breaking the law.
Scruffy
AG
redd38 said:

Heismenberg said:

AgFan131 said:

Thanks for your service!

Also can you assign one officer solely to the task of keeping pedestrians from jaywalking at the University & Boyett from 10pm to 2:30am on Friday & Saturday nights? It's a dangerous intersection that's made more dangerous by pedestrians ignoring the signals and officers ignoring the pedestrians breaking the law.
While you're at it, can you have an officer come by my place 3 times a week and give me back rubs? The stronger the hands the better.
Thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.