Door Replacement Suggestions

1,353 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CN
HoustonAg2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Needing to have an interior door (possibly entire frame) replaced, any suggestions on local carpenters to get this done?
UmustBKidding
I recommend Weatherford doors in Bryan. In general far better construction than most from big box stores. They have a list of contractors, and even if you use handyman from here like t glory have them get your door from them.
JP76
If you want I can give you an estimate for doing this.
You can reach me at

jpp_76@hotmail.com
Koko Chingo
AG
Weatherford is great. You can take them your old door slab and they will cut out all the holes for the handle and router out for the hinges on your new door to match the old.

Then all you have to do is screw the new one in place when it arrives.

It makes swapping out a breeze.
CN
JP76 said:

I may contact you about replacing an HC door but can you do anything about a front door that sticks? It's really difficult to open/close. It's a pretty big wooden door with lots of glass.
JP76
Is it rubbing on the top? Bottom ? Side?
If you email me some pictures of where it is sticking I can give you a rough idea if it is easily fixable or if it will require cutting the door down and or modifying the jamb opening
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
JP76 said:

You can reach me at

jpp_76@hotmail.com
I just emailed you about a job I need done.
CN
JP76 said:

Is it rubbing on the top? Bottom ? Side?
If you email me some pictures of where it is sticking I can give you a rough idea if it is easily fixable or if it will require cutting the door down and or modifying the jamb opening
It was rubbing on the top but I fixed it with a couple of 3" screws. It now clears but it might need a little sanding once it gets more humid out.

Do you paint the replacement doors?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.