who does Pho in town other than rosies?

1,748 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CN
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Used to go to Pho johns, but they removed it from their menu... and i tried rosies and didnt like it...

anyone else do it?
nashvilleaggie11
Vy's Kitchen.
Rasslin Cheesehead
AG
Get it with the house sauce.
AggieBarstool
studioone said:

Used to go to Pho johns, but they removed it from their menu...
No they didn't.
studioone
Yes they did.. we were there a few weeks ago and the waitress said they no longer served pho..
Captn_Ag05
AG
Pho johns topped serving pho? Wouldn't that be like Burger King no longer selling burgers?
nthomas99
AG
Welp, Pho John's is now Aji Sushi, and Tommy (the original founder of Pho John's) is no longer in the picture. The couple that came on as partners from 40 tempura I think fully run / own it now.

It's really a sushi place now with a decent extended menu. I don't think that many people ate pho anymore. At least the ramen there is serviceable (though not the best in town).
Oogway
Back when Texas Avenue was having all that construction, it did make it harder to get to the restaurant but we still went because our family likes pho. After they combined the two, we still went for pho (and the spring rolls, yummy). However, when a place has sushi in the name and not pho, newcomers may not know they also serve pho.

So, perhaps Tommy should open a Phood truck in the new Phood court and serve pho. I bet people would pay phour or phive or maybe more for pho depending upon serving size. It is pretty good!
FlyRod
Vy's is the best I've had in town, and it's sorta ok (they often forget some of the "fixins" you add). Definitely room for some good pho in BCS.
Broncos
Vy's is easily the best in town.
AggieBarstool
studioone said:

Yes they did.. we were there a few weeks ago and the waitress said they no longer served pho..
Really? Please explain, then, how I happened to be served a bowl of pho recently.
CN
Quote:

Tommy (the original founder of Pho John's) is no longer in the picture.

He was not the original founder.. John Nguyen (hence the name Pho Johns), who owns the nail salon next door, started it and it was far superior when he owned it. The salon was more profitable and the owners didn't have time to run both which is why they sold the restaurant to Tommy.
StringerBell
AG
house special at vys

probably not considered a traditional pho, but damn good.
studioone
AggieBarstool said:

studioone said:

Really? Please explain, then, how I happened to be served a bowl of pho recently.
you're special?

ask the waitress.. she said.. and i quote..

WE DONT HAVE PHO ANYMORE.

so, other than going back into the kitchen and making my own, i fail to see how i could force someone to serve something they dont serve?
soso33
No need to phight
carpe vinum
AG
Yep, sad deal, a few months ago I was told no mo pho.
Vy's is the only place I'll go. Rosie's is pretty bad.
Captn_Ag05
AG
soso33 said:

No need to phight

Yeah, just phoget about it.
freshfrenchfryfanatic
AG
Since it's slim pickens here in town for pho, I have learned to appreciate Tanaka Ramen. It's not technically pho, but several of the soups they serve are close enough to get the job done in a pinch.
Oogway
Perhaps AJ Sushi could offer pho on Phridays. If they spread the word that it was a special that day, they could get an idea if it is worth the trouble to have it on the menu one day a week. I did like their pho better than others...
CN
The people who started the Vietnamese sandwich shop across from A&M are opening a pho place next door. Not sure of when it'll open but I think soonish. I was there a few weeks ago and seem to recall them being a couple of months out but I'm not 100% sure.

Parking sucks now with just the sandwich shop so I don't know how that location will handle having two restaurants. I guess perhaps they really are catering to the campus crowd walking over.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.