Property Tax Protest Company?

5,258 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by KaneIsAble
FinMick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for a firm/company to protest taxes on a duplex I own in Brazos County. Any recommendations?
James Russell
AG
Jubally supposedly provides this service for Brazos County, but the last couple years that I've looked into it, they have not received data from the county in time for the protest deadline.
Stucco
Jubally got me the data last year. Their base numbers were all accurate, but the formula used to calculate the value was off compared to the county. The county's solution was to use the comps Jubally provided with their own formula, which gave me about half of what Jubally suggested. Still a win in my book, but very likely if Jubally had the formula right the comps would have been different/better.
The Original AG 76
AG
BTA out of Houston does mine up here. Paul Bettencourt is an Aggie and wants to help fellow Ags.
https://www.btanow.com
EBrazosAg
AG
I have heard really good things about Bettencourt (BTA)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
deh40
AG
FinMick
AG
I'll reach out to BTA--their website doesn't state Brazos as an option though, but maybe that is just on line sign ups:

"Bettencourt Tax Advisors, LLC (BTA) is currently accepting on line sign-ups for residential and commercial properties in Harris, Fort Bend, Galveston, and Montgomery Counties only. "

Jubally seems ok--but my property is likely only valued in the 120K range--so they would likely have reduce my appraised value by 10K+ to outdo many of the firms that charge 40-60% of what they save you, and those are free if they don't get it reduced.

The Original AG 76
AG
FinMick said:

I'll reach out to BTA--their website doesn't state Brazos as an option though, but maybe that is just on line sign ups:

"Bettencourt Tax Advisors, LLC (BTA) is currently accepting on line sign-ups for residential and commercial properties in Harris, Fort Bend, Galveston, and Montgomery Counties only. "

Jubally seems ok--but my property is likely only valued in the 120K range--so they would likely have reduce my appraised value by 10K+ to outdo many of the firms that charge 40-60% of what they save you, and those are free if they don't get it reduced.

BTA does do several Brazos county properties and he is looking to have a full time Brazos County and surrounds team member on board soon. Just not listed on the website yet.
Probably not worth hiring a form for a $120k property. You do need to ALWAYS file your own protest and its really pretty easy. There is even a way to do it online via an E protest ( I think that Brazos has this)
Please look at the Tax Protest 101 info that a great friend of mine , Cheryl Johnson Tax Assessor in Galveston County prepared. She is a great friend of the tax payers and loves to help protestors.
http://www.galvestoncountytx.gov/to/PropertyTaxInformation/2016ProtestHandbook.pdf
FinMick
AG
Bump. Any new players in town?
chigger
AG
We use Paramount.
BCS-Ag
Mine suprisingly went down a bit this year (neighborhood off Rock Prairie/Wellborn)
aggiepaintrain
AG
paramount is commercial only according to their website is that not accurate ?
KaneIsAble
AG
bump.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.