Brenham head football coach

9,383 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by techno-ag
rgracie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just saw on twitter that a current brazos valley head football coach is in the running for the Brenham job. Any insights on who it is?
If it's the guy I'm thinking of that would really embarrass a big group of people in college station who moved heaven and earth to get him so he could come "save" the program.
Captn_Ag05
AG

Quote:

If it's the guy I'm thinking of that would really embarrass a big group of people in college station who moved heaven and earth to get him so he could come "save" the program.
Yes, it is Jimbo Fisher.
Oogway
Haha! Witty!

As long as someone (whomever in the BV that might be) is choosing to leave and it is not due to criminal behavior, I say, "good luck and best wishes for the future." Because that is what you do when people change employment.

JWall7
AG
Heard Lee Fedora was offered the job
75AG
AG
JWall7 said:

Heard he's taking the job.
rgracie
75AG said:

JWall7 said:

Heard he's taking the job.
i understand it's all rumors at this point, but that would be pretty embarrassing for the leadership in the district. They allowed that guy to come in and run everybody off he didn't like to create his little kingdom, team didn't even do as well as the one before he got there, and now he's going to take off after a year. Well played on that one geniuses

Assuming this is true of course, right now it's only a rumor as far as I can tell...nothing official

75AG
AG
I've only heard that he has/will accept the job. One school in the town is big on his wish list. But I can't confirm anything. I've just heard some stuff.

So put me down as a rumor monger.
techno-ag
The Good Aggieboy19
Blue Bell Ag
AG
I've also heard the Aledo coach has been contacted.
Aggie
AG
Fedora is a big fan of the one high school towns.
Wouldn't surprise me to see him leave consol.
rgracie
Aggie said:

Was he made aware that CS has two high schools before he got the job? or did they hide that from him and then spring it on him after he signed the papers?
Belton Ag
AG
rgracie said:

Aggie said:

Was he made aware that CS has two high schools before he got the job? or did they hide that from him and then spring it on him after he signed the papers?
He only noticed it when he first saw the schedule. He said "Hey, who's this CSHS we have to play this year?"
gibby03
AG
ATM1996
Just heard from someone that said Fedora didn't apply for the Brenham job? I wonder if that is true.
TellMeMore
Just because he didn't apply doesn't mean there has been no contact
MB19
AG
Has Rick Barnes removed his name from consideration yet?
Roc96
AG
I think that if they offered him the job, he'd listen. However, he's smart enough to not go out applying for a job after a single year at a place where he cleaned house.
Roc
rgracie
I was told today that he inquired but was not asked to interview

i'm thinking maybe a little bit of the shine may have come off the guy in recent years
CactusThomas
AG
You sound like a bitter Viking.
Oogway
Hey! Did you hear the one about Alfred?

He's a robot!

**Yeah, I was a Veggie Tales parent. Some of y'all need to slow down on smokin that rumor weed.

rgracie
CactusThomas said:

You sound like a bitter Viking.
bitter rattler to be exact, let's just say that there are some characteristics of a man that even winning can't cover up. Eventually people start to figure out the emperor has no clothes
gibby03
AG
Oogway said:

Haha! Witty!

As long as someone (whomever in the BV that might be) is choosing to leave and it is not due to criminal behavior, I say, "good luck and best wishes for the future." Because that is what you do when people change employment.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
rgracie said:

Just saw on twitter that a current brazos valley head football coach is in the running for the Brenham job. Any insights on who it is?
not sure Consol football needed saving. its been a solid program for years now.

if there was ever a time it got saved it was with the Ross Rogers hiring in the late 80s. since then its been pretty good over the long haul.
Oogway
Is your question in reference to the part you bolded? I was referring to the supposition (aka rumor) posted initially.
Maybe that is not how folks internet, but I found it interesting that more speculation was occurring on this topic than an actual announcement of the College Station interim manager resigning to take a job with the San Jacinto River Authority ( I wish him well, by the way). That is not a rumor.
gibby03
AG
Fair enough.
Creekisrising
Pretty careless talking about rumors like this IMO.

"Brazos Valley coach" led to one name being used that I would wager everything I have That he is not involved.
Is there another name out there? You bet. I'm not sure anything positive would come from throwing that name out either though so why do it
rgracie
Hendo said:

Pretty careless talking about rumors like this IMO.

"Brazos Valley coach" led to one name being used that I would wager everything I have That he is not involved.
Is there another name out there? You bet. I'm not sure anything positive would come from throwing that name out either though so why do it
fair point, assuming it was all rumor, it was at least a reasonable rumor. During his "off" year the one guy spent every afternoon at football practice at one of two schools, Brenham and A&M consolidated, making it no secret that he would be interested in the gig if one of the guys who already held those positions might decide to seek greener pasture. Parents being parents and drawn the glare of state championship rings and the scholarships that would no doubt be forthcoming for their angels, ganged up in force and rallied to remove the current leadership and make room for the 2nd coming. The man at Brenham had an administration behind him and the parents were told to pound sand, their ill-fated coup de'tat fizzled before it really got started. A&M consolidated however?...not so much. Weak kneed administration decided to go on the full court press to make life uncomfortable for the current boss man of football and the message was received loud and clear, the parents got their man.
fast forward a year, a certain amount of disillusionment swirls around the prodigal son's return, lo and behold, the "other" job that high just might be interested in has become available

it's not much of a stretch

and none of the above is rumor
Oogway
rgracie said:

I can't speak to whether it is rumor, but it is definitely gossip.

"Gossip is saying behind their back what you would not say to their face. Flattery is saying to their face what you would not say behind their back."

DBSwooper
Oogway said:

rgracie said:

I can't speak to whether it is rumor, but it is definitely gossip.

"Gossip is saying behind their back what you would not say to their face. Flattery is saying to their face what you would not say behind their back."

Isn't gossip what most of this website is about?
CactusThomas
AG
No
gigem92
AG
It is not Fedora.

The Brenham Independent School District is pleased to announce that Eliot Allen has been selected as the lone finalist for the position of Athletic Director and Head Football Coach. https://buff.ly/2IbLRKH
Big_Worm
AG
Everyone here was focused on the wrong CSISD coach. Its over now and they have their guy.
gibby03
AG
Big_Worm said:

Everyone here was focused on the wrong CSISD coach. Its over now and they have their guy.

???
SW AG80
AG
What happened to the prior Brenham coach?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.