Local roofing company

4,184 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by emtes
Crusader
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like I have joined the ranks of the many people in our area who had sufficient hail damage to warrant a new roof. So, does anyone have a recommendation for a local company that does quality work?

I've seen the TV commercials, but have you actually used one of these companies? I appreciate any input you might have.
momlaw
AG
We had some leaking after Harvey and used Brian Lucas, Lucas Construction and were very pleased with quality, pricing, response. 979.219.4326

edited twice to correct phone number typo
snake bit

momlaw
momlaw
AG
Another option is Jay Rudder. He is a neighbor and long time friend whom I respect for his work ethic, personal ethic, and devotion to his family. Roofing is his sideline, from weekly job, and likely his post retirement gig. I would contract with him, too. 979.777.6264
Rudder Construction
momlaw
ChampsAg
Lone Star. Luke or Robby
bigh281
+1 for Jay Rudder. Amazing man of God who is honest and dependable!
MosesHallRAB83
AG
This is neither here nor there, but I am curious how you had a leakage problem after Harvey, assuming you are here, how does just rain cause that?
momlaw
AG
We were here. There was leaking around the fireplace. The flashing was not properly installed and could not hold up to almost 24" of rain. I know there were others in the area who also had spot damage or leaks.
momlaw
JP76
MosesHallRAB83 said:

This is neither here nor there, but I am curious how you had a leakage problem after Harvey, assuming you are here, how does just rain cause that?

22 inches of sideways rain blown over 4 days out of the southeast at 20-30 mph caused leaks in a least 5 houses that I know of that had never leaked since they were built. I did the repairs on 3 of them.
techno-ag
AG
I've had good experience with United.

Good quote, quality work. Finished in one day which was important at the time.
snaglepuss
I've been trying to get someone to install about 3-4 shingles from wind damage on my roof. I have the shingles and some sealer. Ought to be worth 60-80 bucs.
momlaw
AG
I think you were recommended to us by Brian to reseal and cure the stone, at least someone was. We need to do that.

On one side of the chimney the flashing was not correct and there was rot. We were pleased with the modest pricing and service.
momlaw
SFLORIDAAG
AG
+1 for Jay Rudder

Crest Roofing also does good work. Honest folks too. I am a claims adjuster and deal with the local guys often.
skeetboy3
AG
Bob Santini, completely trustworthy and extremely experienced
Lone Stranger
+1 for Crest Roofing. Put a roof on after a hail storm 11 years ago for us.
Bigderk21
AG
Crest roofing - (Rocky wann)

Or

Defcon roofing - (Don Murphy)
Married2AnAggie
S
Anyone have email info for Bob Santini? I'm overseas, but need to contact him to get something set up when I'm there.
ratfacemcdougal
Panther roofing and construction.

Jeremy Taylor
Wicked Good Ag
Luke at Lone star roof systems did our rental house and also some patch work on current home. Very satisfied with work.
emtes
AG
Another +1 for Crest Roofing, Rocky Wann. They did mine last fall and did a great job in a timely manner.

I would however call and get a bid from every single person listed in this thread not named Schulte. You can get a good impression from a lot of these guys based on the initial phone call.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.