ISS flyover tonight

15,876 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by labmansid
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for updating this thread!
labmansid
Tailgate88 said:

Thanks for updating this thread!
You're welcome.
dubi
AG
Time: Fri Feb 22 6:30 AM, Visible: 6 min, Max Height: 49, Appears: 10 above WSW, Disappears: 11 above NNE
Hey Nav
AG
https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/signup.cfm

I used this link to set up updates for my location out in the Hill Country.

I love the space program.
labmansid
Got a good stretch of flyovers going on. The weather might actually cooperate now, finally!

labmansid
Some more passes coming up for the next few evenings.

labmansid
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but had family visits and such going on.

Some more early morning passes coming up, only one or two of any real note.

labmansid
More passes coming up, with multiple passes pretty much each day. Also, at least one pretty good pass each day.

labmansid
Some more passes coming up. Pretty decent passes on June 4th, 5th, and 6th.

Also, another recent interesting thing to note. Some of you may have heard of SpaceX which is headed by Elon Musk. They recently launched a test batch of 60 small satellites intended to eventually be a part of a global network of satellites to provide internet to rural areas. As of now, they are orbiting the earth in a long string slowly making their way to final orbital positions. When they cross an area, they can appear one after the other as a long string of lights, and I hear it is a pretty impressive sight if you happen to catch sight of them. They are fairly dim compared to the ISS, but worth trying for if you have access to fairly dark skies.

Below is the info for the B/CS area when the leading satellite begins a visible pass, with the others to follow up to a few minutes behind. Keep in mind that a star/object with a magnitude of 6 is about the limit the average person can see in dark skies away from city lights. Magnitude 3 is just a bit dimmer than most of the stars in the Big Dipper, which are magnitude 2, so if you can easily make out the Big Dipper from your location, you have a good chance of being able to see these satellites at their brightest pass. I've heard they may even brighten considerably for a few seconds if the sun reflects just right off of them. Good luck!

Here is a video someone in the Netherlands shot of them passing over less than a day after launch.

Starlink pass.
BwdAg
AG
Very cool. Thanks.
labmansid
Info for the next few days. Good luck to all you early risers!

labmansid
Got a pretty good mix of early morning and evening passes coming up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.