Aggieland Express car wash

7,404 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Satellite of Love
deh40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiePlaya said:

Dennis Reynolds said:

AggiePlaya said:

Dennis Reynolds said:

AggiePlaya said:

Ha Considering how much time I spend wiping my car each week, I am 100% sure it happened there. It's disappointing to see he did nothing to resolve it and if anything kept acting like it was my issue from elsewhere. I work from home and rarely go out, so there is literally no way I did it elsewhere.
What exactly did you want him to do?
Well let's see, pay for someone to buff it out is an option. Or credit my account for the amount that I now have to cover to fix it. Gee, I don't know

It's a $65k car, so I'm sure you would appreciate the concern if it was your car
So you want him to pay or credit you for something that you can't prove was his fault?

I'm 100% sure it is his fault. When u go in without an 18 in scratch and come out with it, there is zero doubt. This isn't a case of "I think it happened there". My home camera shows no scratch right at the time I left for the car wash so like I said I have zero doubt on this.

I created this thread to collect data on other people's experiences. I could really care less if you believe me or not. So far I have talked to 3 different people who have experienced some damage there so I'm not the only one
That must be a really good camera at home. I am not sure I have ever seen one that had the clarity to show a scratch on a car.
Harbor Bay
I've been going there since it opened, at least two times a week and every day during love bug season. I have never had a problem. The people seem nice enough to me.
viejo
deh40 said:

AggiePlaya said:

Dennis Reynolds said:

AggiePlaya said:

Dennis Reynolds said:

AggiePlaya said:

Ha Considering how much time I spend wiping my car each week, I am 100% sure it happened there. It's disappointing to see he did nothing to resolve it and if anything kept acting like it was my issue from elsewhere. I work from home and rarely go out, so there is literally no way I did it elsewhere.
What exactly did you want him to do?
Well let's see, pay for someone to buff it out is an option. Or credit my account for the amount that I now have to cover to fix it. Gee, I don't know

It's a $65k car, so I'm sure you would appreciate the concern if it was your car
So you want him to pay or credit you for something that you can't prove was his fault?

I'm 100% sure it is his fault. When u go in without an 18 in scratch and come out with it, there is zero doubt. This isn't a case of "I think it happened there". My home camera shows no scratch right at the time I left for the car wash so like I said I have zero doubt on this.

I created this thread to collect data on other people's experiences. I could really care less if you believe me or not. So far I have talked to 3 different people who have experienced some damage there so I'm not the only one
That must be a really good camera at home. I am not sure I have ever seen one that had the clarity to show a scratch on a car.
Or, that must be some scratch!
Aggieland Express
Howdy,
My name is Jed and I am not only the owner of Aggieland Express Carwash but also the proudest member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2004. This thread was brought to my attention by some friends and customers and I wanted to take the time to respond to some of the claims made and to offer some further information so that a more truthful representation of what happened can be heard.
First, I appreciate and respect my customers. I know that they have other options in town and I appreciate that they choose to use Aggieland Express Carwash. As an Aggie, I want to run my business with integrity and treat my customers with respect. While showing that respect I also have a duty to my business partners, employees and family to make sure that I am not irresponsibly spending money on frivolous claims. To that end, I personally investigate all claims and accusations, whether they involve substandard service or the quality of the wash. Which is exactly what happened in this case.
On March 21, 2018 in the afternoon AggiePlaya came into the carwash, as he has many times previously without incident. I happen to be pulling into the carwash just as AggiePlaya was bringing his concerns to our attention. Understandably, AggiePlaya was upset and as I tried to explain all of the ways that the carwash is designed to prevent this type of damage and the precautions we take he began to "threaten" to post on Facebook about his experience. Obviously, operating a carwash that scratches cars would be bad for business. At this point, I immediately shut down the entire car wash and walked through to inspect for any foreign object that may have caused the scratch. In gesture of good faith and a willingness to be transparent I allowed AggiePlaya to join me to look for anything that could explain the scratch. Neither he or I could find anything that would explain the scratch. Then, I inspected the cars that went in immediately before and after AggiePlaya to see if a pattern of damage could be found. Neither of the cars showed any signs of scratches consistent with the damage to AggiePlaya's car. I then invited AggiePlaya to review our video cameras to see if we could determine if the scratch was there before he entered the carwash. Unfortunately, the video we looked at was inconclusive. I offered to bring up other camera angles in hopes of getting to the bottom of what happened but AggiePlaya told me that he had a previously scheduled meeting that didn't allow that and so I offered to meet him at a time that was convenient for him so that we could look at more video and discuss the issue further. He agreed to meet me the following day at 5:30 pm.
The next day, before our meeting and before even reaching out to me again, AggiePlaya went on Facebook and began disparaging the car wash and his experience. He claimed that I "did nothing to help resolve this". Obviously, I feel like that is a misrepresentation of what had happened up until that point. I want to run a honest business and I understand that it is possible that damage could occur at the car wash. As I am sure you can understand, when you wash your dirty car all of the imperfections you didn't see before are now obvious, especially to the critical eye of a proud owner. I understand that, but I also can't offer new paint jobs and repairs to every person who swears their car was perfect until my car wash scratched it or I wouldn't be in business. As I stated before, I owe it to my partners, employees and my family to put in the due diligence on any claim of damage before I make offers to repair anything. I don't think asking AggiePlaya to meet me the following day to discuss the issue and review some more video to be unreasonable. As a loyal customer I probably would have been inclined to offer to have the car buffed even if I felt we were not at fault, but I was never afforded the opportunity to make such an offer.

As to the scratch itself. The part of the car wash that washes the top of the car, the giant curtain that looks like a bunch of octopus tentacles, does not move in a straight line across the car. As your car moves past this part it moves from side to side. If some foreign object had somehow embedded itself in it, it wouldn't leave a long smooth straight scratch. It would leave a zig-zag scratch as it dragged across the top of the car and was agitated back and forth.

While I am here I'd like to take a moment and address some of the comments made here, obviously I am biased as I own the car wash. That said, I also am proud of my business and I would like to share a few comments on some of the things that have been said here, I will discuss each in turn and try and be brief.

Comment: "Next time you're out on a sunny day, look at your car's paint. It will have little spider web like lines all over it. This can happen even if carefully hand washing with good equipment. This will happen in a brush type car wash due to all of the dirt and grime that the brushes pick up from previous cars."

Response: All of our brushes are made from a Closed Cell Foam material that is designed to not hold dirt and grime from previous vehicles, these brushes are also constantly being rinsed as the vehicles are being washed by them.

Comment: "The price of convenience of course, but dirty shammys / foam beaters from the car in front of you and recycled water are going to play HE double hockey sticks on any paint job."

Response: Our water is recycled, but I want to make clear that it is not just dirty water being reused. We use an ozone water treatment system, the water runs through a vigorous systems of filters and settling tanks that actually bring our Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) lower than the city water.

Comment: "Before actually running through the wash, their guy drug a spray hose across the side of my car while walking around the back. Left a couple of evenly spaced scratches. Car was a week old. I didn't bother arguing with them about proving they did it. I'll just go to Drew's, never had any issues there."

Response: I am disappointed to read this comment because it means that we failed to give you the service you deserve and that I expect from my employees. If anything happens when you are at our wash we urge you to let a manager know. This only helps us improve the wash and take care of any problems we have with employees. If you are still not satisfied please feel free to ask for the owner and I will be sure and address it as soon as possible. I own another business in town so I am not always there but I want to know if we are failing to provide the service you deserve and I expect.

Finally, I strive to offer a quality car washing experience at a price point that people can afford. We are an express car wash, not a hand car wash or detailing service. We offer several different levels of washes that range from $8 to $25. These different levels of wash are designed to allow our customers to pick the wash that best achieves their desired results. Obviously, each of those packages involve different levels of wash and effect the quality of the ultimate experience. My car wash uses state of the art technology to make sure that we are giving the best quality wash and not harming vehicles. I take pride in servicing our community and thank you for taking the time to hear my side of the story and allow me to add to the discussion. If any of you are inclined to contact me I would be happy to set up a time to have you come and look at the car wash and see the equipment we use and the precautions we take to make sure we wash your car without damaging it. Thanks again for using the car wash.
Dennis Reynolds
Jed bringing the facts. Sounds like he did a whole lot more than what OP was trying to convey. Bull**** move to start posting on Facebook too
Tailgate88
AG
Thanks for the post, Jed. I will continue to patronize your wash.
AggiePlaya
AG
Dennis Reynolds said:

Jed bringing the facts. Sounds like he did a whole lot more than what OP was trying to convey. Bull**** move to start posting on Facebook too

LMAO. believe what you want dude!

I'm one of many that have been impacted. Feel free to tell everyone how many people have reported issues Jed! I guess we are all just seeking "frivolous" lawsuits!
MosesHallRAB83
AG
If you refute any facts about Jed's version of his dealings with you then post a rebuttal. Did you go back for the second viewing he says he offered? Did you post on Facebook as he says?
AggiePlaya
AG
MosesHallRAB83 said:

If you refute any facts about Jed's version of his dealings with you then post a rebuttal. Did you go back for the second viewing he says he offered? Did you post on Facebook as he says?
Absolutely I left a review on Facebook.

Jed literally held his hand out at his equipment and said "you tell me what would have done that" and that's what he calls "an inspection" which isn't an inspection at all.

I did notify him that I would not go watch more video since his video wasn't even detailed enough to show the scratch pre nor post incident so why am I gonna go listen to hear him say "Well you can't prove it" and waste both our time?

It's a $65k car, if u had one you would be just as upset as I am. At this point there is nothing else to debate, I'm chalking this up as my loss and moving forward. My Facebook review stands based on my personal experience and hopefully others will not have to deal with something similar. By the way, there is another customer who previously posted a very similar review to mine, feel free to go read his review.
deh40
AG
AggiePlaya said:

MosesHallRAB83 said:

GIf you refute any facts about Jed's version of his dealings with you then post a rebuttal. Did you go back for the second viewing he says he offered? Did you post on Facebook as he says?

Jed literally held his hand out at his equipment and said "you tell me what would have done that" and that's what he calls "an inspection" which isn't an inspection at all.

I did notify him that I would not go watch more video since his video wasn't even detailed enough to show the scratch pre nor post incident so why am I gonna go listen to hear him say "Well you can't prove it" and waste both our time?

It's a $65k car, if u had one you would be just as upset as I am. At this point there is nothing else to debate, I'm chalking this up as my loss and moving forward. My Facebook review stands based on my personal experience and hopefully others will not have to deal with something similar. By the way, there is another customer who previously posted a very similar review to mine, feel free to go read his review.
So his video is not detailed enough to show the scratch, but yours at home is?
AggiePlaya
AG
deh40 said:

AggiePlaya said:

MosesHallRAB83 said:

GIf you refute any facts about Jed's version of his dealings with you then post a rebuttal. Did you go back for the second viewing he says he offered? Did you post on Facebook as he says?

Are you trying to insinuate there isn't a scratch because his video doesn't show it? Even Jed will tell you the scratch is there, there is zero debate about that. It's extremely visible to the human eye considering it is 18 in plus.

I'll be happy to send you a pic if you like? I've never sued anyone and I am not the type to make **** up for no reason. Why would I make that up on my $65k car?

It was around 530 in the evening when the sun was blaring into his camera, so combine that with the lack of zoom you cannot see the scratch that the human eye can see. Jed won't deny there was a huge scratch there, ask him yourself
JeepWaveEarl
AG
I will get a membership based on the response from you here, Jed. You aight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
MosesHallRAB83
AG
He didn't insinuate anything. He merely pointed out that it is highly unlikely that your home security camera would be able to show the absence or presence of a scratch.

Your defensive posts are not helpful to your cause.
deh40
AG
AggiePlaya said:

deh40 said:

AggiePlaya said:

MosesHallRAB83 said:

B.B. GIf you refute any facts about Jed's version of his dealings with you then post a rebuttal. Did you go back for the second viewing he says he offered? Did you post on Facebook as he says?

Are you trying to insinuate there isn't a scratch because his video doesn't show it? Even Jed will tell you the scratch is there, there is zero debate about that. It's extremely visible to the human eye considering it is 18 in plus.

I'll be happy to send you a pic if you like? I've never sued anyone and I am not the type to make **** up for no reason. Why would I make that up on my $65k car?

It was around 530 in the evening when the sun was blaring into his camera, so combine that with the lack of zoom you cannot see the scratch that the human eye can see. Jed won't deny there was a huge scratch there, ask him yourself
No, you stated your camera at home did not show the scratch right before you left and that is how you know it happened at the car wash. What I am saying is maybe the scratch was already there and was not seen on your camera just like it could not be seen with his camera. Yours may be different, but I have never seen a home video camera that showed that much detail.
Harbor Bay
AggiePlaya lost credibility with me when he whined about this on Social Media before the second meeting with Jed.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
AggiePlaya said:

It's a $65k car,
Probably you should take it to a place that hand washes. If you want to play in the big leagues you need to pay big league bucks.

IMHO your basic car wash is for the poor's like me to get your car fairly clean.

Scratches happen.
Satellite of Love
AggiePlaya said:

MosesHallRAB83 said:

It's a $65k car, if u had one you would be just as upset as I am.

So how many years are we looking at before that 8% financed 65k car is paid off? 5 or 6?

Could you post your quality home vido for us to review? Did you hit up any other joints before the car wash? How do you know the scratch wasn't there for weeks prior to the wash?
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.