Aggieland Express car wash

7,405 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Satellite of Love
AggiePlaya
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just wondering if anyone has experienced any scratches or other damage at the car wash on Fitch? I went there and left with a long scratch so looking to see if anyone else has had issues?
KidDoc
AG
AggiePlaya said:

Just wondering if anyone has experienced any scratches or other damage at the car wash on Fitch? I went there and left with a long scratch so looking to see if anyone else has had issues?
I have a membership there so run the car through once or twice a week. The only issue I ever had was my front plate getting jacked up until I bought a new plate mount that had a rim around it. No scratches at all and the last time I used it was Sunday then again Tuesday when a bird had a diarrhea catastrophe on my roof and hood.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggiePlaya
AG
I also had the monthly and ran it several times a week, which is why I know which scratches were preexisting versus this new one which is over 18 inches long.

My car is black so obviously it will stand out more than a white car with scratches. The good news is this is the only time I've had a scratch happen. The bad news is it only takes 1 to screw you
bugle rank '87
AG
I have a monthly membership as well. Never had a problem up to now. I go in at least once a week.

Did you talk to management about the scratch? And if so what did they say?
We’ve never lost a halftime...
AggiePlaya
AG
bugle rank '87 said:

I have a monthly membership as well. Never had a problem up to now. I go in at least once a week.

Yes I immediately escalated to their guys and the owner Jed showed up. Unfortunately he spent more time trying to tell me why his equipment wouldn't have done it and half-heartedly said "I can go look at the video but probably won't see anything".

Considering how much time I spend wiping my car each week, I am 100% sure it happened there. It's disappointing to see he did nothing to resolve it and if anything kept acting like it was my issue from elsewhere. I work from home and rarely go out, so there is literally no way I did it elsewhere.
DWren
Stars and Stripes at wellborn/ Rock Prairie automated wash scratched the hell outta my truck.
Kitten With A Whip
AggiePlaya said:

bugle rank '87 said:

Yes I immediately escalated to their guys and the owner Jed showed up. Unfortunately he spent more time trying to tell me why his equipment wouldn't have done it and half-heartedly said "I can go look at the video but probably won't see anything".

Considering how much time I spend wiping my car each week, I am 100% sure it happened there. It's disappointing to see he did nothing to resolve it and if anything kept acting like it was my issue from elsewhere. I work from home and rarely go out, so there is literally no way I did it elsewhere.
Out of curiosity, where is the scratch? Left, right, high, low, roof, etc?
Dennis Reynolds
AggiePlaya said:

What exactly did you want him to do?
AggiePhil
AG
I had a problem there a few weeks ago when their system left a bunch of white waxy junk on the car. I pointed it out to Nate and he just shrugged and said, "You can run it through again." So I did. Then it came out with more. I pointed it out again and he said there might've been something deposited on the equipment from a previous vehicle. Then shrugged again and went back to wiping down some lady's Mercedes. Didn't get the impression they really cared or were at least willing to help me wipe it all off.

I imagine the new Drew's at Tower Point will be opening sometime in the summer or fall.
AggiePlaya
AG
Dennis Reynolds said:

AggiePlaya said:

Well let's see, pay for someone to buff it out is an option. Or credit my account for the amount that I now have to cover to fix it. Gee, I don't know

It's a $65k car, so I'm sure you would appreciate the concern if it was your car
AggiePlaya
AG
Kitten With A Whip said:

AggiePlaya said:

bugle rank '87 said:

Out of curiosity, where is the scratch? Left, right, high, low, roof, etc?

It is on driver's side roof about 3 inches from the edge
JP76
Is this a touchless car wash or one with the beater brushes?
KidDoc
AG
JP76 said:

It has beaters. That is why I prefer it actually as I tried Drew's in the past and it barely touched the bird poo and other debris on the paint.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dennis Reynolds
AggiePlaya said:

Dennis Reynolds said:

AggiePlaya said:

Well let's see, pay for someone to buff it out is an option. Or credit my account for the amount that I now have to cover to fix it. Gee, I don't know

It's a $65k car, so I'm sure you would appreciate the concern if it was your car
So you want him to pay or credit you for something that you can't prove was his fault?
AggiePlaya
AG
Dennis Reynolds said:

AggiePlaya said:

Dennis Reynolds said:

AggiePlaya said:

So you want him to pay or credit you for something that you can't prove was his fault?

I'm 100% sure it is his fault. When u go in without an 18 in scratch and come out with it, there is zero doubt. This isn't a case of "I think it happened there". My home camera shows no scratch right at the time I left for the car wash so like I said I have zero doubt on this.

I created this thread to collect data on other people's experiences. I could really care less if you believe me or not. So far I have talked to 3 different people who have experienced some damage there so I'm not the only one
bugle rank '87
AG

This is disappointing. I think I will cancel my membership so I don't risk the damage if they are not willing to accept responsibility.

I am sorry this happened to you, but thank you for the information.
We’ve never lost a halftime...
techno-ag
AG
KidDoc said:

JP76 said:

It has beaters. That is why I prefer it actually as I tried Drew's in the past and it barely touched the bird poo and other debris on the paint.
This is one of the reasons I never use "touch" car washes. It seems inevitably something like this happens.
JP76
Running a vehicle through a beater type car wash is effectively wet sanding it every time you wash it . I've seen many clear coats damaged from cheap automated car washes and will personally not run any of my vehicles through a non touchless system . If it really is a 18 inch scratch my guess is the beaters chipped off a piece of emblem or plastic trim from a previous vehicle and it's embedded into it and that's probably what scratched your car.
KidDoc
AG
I haven't seen any clear coat damage on my multiple washes at this specific facility as all of the beaters are soft chamy type beaters no brushes.

I do agree that a busted off piece of plastic or chrome could cause damage and that is always a risk when using contact washes.

During nice weather periods I enjoy washing my car in the drive way but during winter that is just miserable so I tend to be a seasonal car wash person.
AggiePlaya
AG
JP76 said:

Running a vehicle through a beater type car wash is effectively wet sanding it every time you wash it . I've seen many clear coats damaged from cheap automated car washes and will personally not run any of my vehicles through a non touchless system . If it really is a 18 inch scratch my guess is the beaters chipped off a piece of emblem or plastic trim from a previous vehicle and it's embedded into it and that's probably what scratched your car.
I've learned my lesson, only touchless washes from here on out. It's not worth the risk using beaters, especially if the owner's response is basically "Not my fault"!
Dennis Reynolds
AggiePlaya said:

Dennis Reynolds said:

AggiePlaya said:

Dennis Reynolds said:

AggiePlaya said:

I'm 100% sure it is his fault. When u go in without an 18 in scratch and come out with it, there is zero doubt. This isn't a case of "I think it happened there". My home camera shows no scratch right at the time I left for the car wash so like I said I have zero doubt on this.

I created this thread to collect data on other people's experiences. I could really care less if you believe me or not. So far I have talked to 3 different people who have experienced some damage there so I'm not the only one

Never said I didn't believe you. I'm sure it did come from there. I've been going through there once or twice a week since the place opened and have never noticed damage. Sucks that it happened to you.
EMY92
AG
KidDoc said:

I haven't seen any clear coat damage on my multiple washes at this specific facility as all of the beaters are soft chamy type beaters no brushes.

I do agree that a busted off piece of plastic or chrome could cause damage and that is always a risk when using contact washes.

During nice weather periods I enjoy washing my car in the drive way but during winter that is just miserable so I tend to be a seasonal car wash person.
Next time you're out on a sunny day, look at your car's paint. It will have little spider web like lines all over it.

This can happen even if carefully hand washing with good equipment. This will happen in a brush type car wash due to all of the dirt and grime that the brushes pick up from previous cars.
rcannaday
AG
I use only touchless, Drew's scratched the heck out of my hood of my car... no thanks
KidDoc
AG
I have no knowledge of their camera system but it seems like they should have cameras at the entrance to the wash and the exit. I would guess they should be able to see the spot where the scratch is pre & post wash to prove or disprove it happened in the washer.

I'll try to case the joint next time I go probably this weekend after driving to Katy & back tomorrow morning.
KidDoc
AG
EMY92 said:

KidDoc said:

Next time you're out on a sunny day, look at your car's paint. It will have little spider web like lines all over it.

This can happen even if carefully hand washing with good equipment. This will happen in a brush type car wash due to all of the dirt and grime that the brushes pick up from previous cars.
I have looked and clay bar/waxed it recently and there is no spider web lines from Aggieland wash thus far and I have used it at least 20 times over the winter. That is one of the main reasons I'm still using them!
JP76
KidDoc said:

EMY92 said:

KidDoc said:

I have looked and clay bar/waxed it recently and there is no spider web lines from Aggieland wash thus far and I have used it at least 20 times over the winter. That is one of the main reasons I'm still using them!

It will eventually show over time if you keep the car long enough.
ratfacemcdougal
The price of convenience of course, but dirty shammys / foam beaters from the car in front of you and recycled water are going to play HE double hockey sticks on any paint job.
AggiePlaya
AG
KidDoc said:

I have no knowledge of their camera system but it seems like they should have cameras at the entrance to the wash and the exit. I would guess they should be able to see the spot where the scratch is pre & post wash to prove or disprove it happened in the washer.

I'll try to case the joint next time I go probably this weekend after driving to Katy & back tomorrow morning.
They do have a camera at the entrance and the video isn't zoomed close enough to see. I told the owner to let me pull back into view post-scratch and we couldn't see the actual scratch. So unfortunately we could neither confirm nor deny anything because the video isn't zoomed close enough
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Before actually running through the wash, their guy drug a spray hose across the side of my car while walking around the back. Left a couple of evenly spaced scratches. Car was a week old.

I didn't bother arguing with them about proving they did it. I'll just go to Drew's, never had any issues there.

AGDOC95
AG
Any recommendations on touchless car washes in town?
aggiepaintrain
AG
Pitt Stop Detail can fix the marks in your clear coat

Drew's on University has a brushless car wash.
AggiePhil
AG
Touchless washes are OK but to really get a car clean, you have to touch it in some way. Otherwise, the road scum layer will still be there.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
AggiePhil said:

Touchless washes are OK but to really get a car clean, you have to touch it in some way. Otherwise, the road scum layer will still be there.
but to really get a car clean, you have to touch it in some way

I completely read that wrong the first time.
75AG
AG
KidDoc said:

AggiePlaya said:

I have a membership there so run the car through once or twice a week. The only issue I ever had was my front plate getting jacked up until I bought a new plate mount that had a rim around it. No scratches at all and the last time I used it was Sunday then again Tuesday when a bird had a diarrhea catastrophe on my roof and hood.
Why would you run a Tesla through an automatic car wash? Or are you talking about a regular car, like a BMW, Mercedes, or Bentley?
KidDoc
AG
75AG said:

KidDoc said:

AggiePlaya said:

Why would you run a Tesla through an automatic car wash? Or are you talking about a regular car, like a BMW, Mercedes, or Bentley?
Nope it is my four year old Tesla Model S- it has been working great I'm actually very happy with this specific wash it is the only one I'm happy with so far. I will likely return to hand washing it in my driveway as the weather warms up but Aggieland wash gets the wheels much cleaner than I am able to with hand washing just because it cleans out all the tiny crevices better.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.