Spirit of Texas Festival this weekend

2,435 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SchnauzerMom
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone going?
australopithecus robustus
What is it?
Captn_Ag05
AG
https://sotxfest.com
duffelpud
AG
Super. Natural. Goodness.
"What's this button do?"
Cholula Verde
AG
The 62nd Annual Brazos County Youth Livestock Show is also going on this weekend at the Expo! Come out and support the youth of Brazos County. There will be all types of Ag related events. Always family friendly and admission is free. We will not be trying to sell you Stuff or expensive food from food trucks! Parking is free and close to the event. Hope we see y'all at the Expo!
ShawnTxAg
AG
We will be competing in the BBQ cookoff
Captn_Ag05
AG
Brisket?
ShawnTxAg
AG
chicken, ribs, brisket, fajitas and margaritas
Captn_Ag05
AG
ShawnTxAg said:

Nice - sounds awesome!
snaglepuss
ShawnTxAg said:

in that order...?
ShawnTxAg
AG
Actually fajitas, Margaritas, Chicken, Ribs then Brisket in that order
techno-ag
AG
Chilifest returns in April.
Cholula Verde
AG
You said it Techno! Whoop!
Cholula Verde
AG
Hey Capn! How did things go at the big Spirit of Texas Event? Did y'all win the BBQ contest? Say, I bet you spent lots of money on buying stuff and expensive Food Truck fare! You could have skipped the fluff to make the wealthy folks feel good and ventured over to to the 62nd Annual Brazos Valley Youth Livestock Show at the Expo to show your support for the HOLSOME hardworking youth in Brazos County!
FearNoWeevil
AG
Is HOLSOME supposed to be an acronym for something?
Captn_Ag05
AG
FlyingMudball said:

Hey Capn! How did things go at the big Spirit of Texas Event? Did y'all win the BBQ contest? Say, I bet you spent lots of money on buying stuff and expensive Food Truck fare! You could have skipped the fluff to make the wealthy folks feel good and ventured over to to the 62nd Annual Brazos Valley Youth Livestock Show at the Expo to show your support for the HOLSOME hardworking youth in Brazos County!
That was Shawn that entered the BBQ contest. I am good at eating BBQ, but I can assure you that any BBQ I cooked would not win anything!

But, no, I didn't make the event. I went to Aggie baseball games instead.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Also, I will add, that I don't get hostility towards one event from organizers of other events. I am sure the organizers of both worked hard to put on their events. The Spirit of Texas event benefited charity and I believe one of the purposes of the event is to bring people in from out of town to stay in local hotels, shop at local shops, and eat at restaurants (in addition to at the Festival). I guess I am a 'rising tide lifts all boats' kind of guy, but it seems to me local events should support other local events and not make snide remarks about them.
Eliminatus
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Also, I will add, that I don't get hostility towards one event from organizers of other events. I am sure the organizers of both worked hard to put on their events. The Spirit of Texas event benefited charity and I believe one of the purposes of the event is to bring people in from out of town to stay in local hotels, shop at local shops, and eat at restaurants (in addition to at the Festival). I guess I am a 'rising tide lifts all boats' kind of guy, but it seems to me local events should support other local events and not make snide remarks about them.
It's a First World townie problem. Every place has it. Just a very small vocal minority most of the time. Easy to dismiss.

If an event has food, I am there. Period. My only criteria.
SchnauzerMom
Maybe I was there at the wrong time, but the Spirit of Texas festival was extremely lacking compared to the advertising they did. 50 food trucks? There weren't even 20 when we were there on Saturday. Also, if I wanted to have Rodan+Fields, LuLaRoe, Advocare, etc. sold to me, then I would ask 1 of the 2316547651 people on FB who are peddling that crap. However, despite the negativity, my daughter had a good time, and I hope the event continues to expand to become a great spring festival for the area!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.