New Bryan Subdivisions Going Up

31,349 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BrazosWifi
90 bull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Understand that. we moved into Greenbrier in May, and have been disappointed in the nearby Kroger. Love the neighborhood though.
waltonag05
AG
HEB is coming to Booneville. That's why Kroger is undergoing a huge renovation (this is according to a Coca-Cola sales manager).
halibut sinclair
*Boonville
Ajollyag
waltonag05 said:

HEB is coming to Booneville. That's why Kroger is undergoing a huge renovation (this is according to a Coca-Cola sales manager).

Been the rumor for the last year and a half. They dont own any land on boonville so doubt it will be built any time soon.
dgonzo99
ajolly said:

waltonag05 said:

Been the rumor for the last year and a half. They dont own any land on boonville so doubt it will be built any time soon.
The fact that they don't own any land there doesn't mean anything. Culpepper, aka Tejas Center Ltd., owns the location on Villa Maria. They essentially just lease that location. Know somebody that works for Culpepper. Most of the locations in Houston are leases.
Aggie@state.gov
AG
new very small development by stylecraft off stevens drive in north bryan.
bcstx06
Here is another of the many (now hard to keep up with) new subdivisions happening in Bryan. This one is near another new one Alamosa Springs.

The developer is BK Home Development. The location is on Jones Road and is right next to a future Bryan ISD school location. This one will have 131 lots in phase 1 and does not have a name yet.
http://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2020%20SDRC/1-21-2020/PP20-02,%20Jones%20Road,%2001-21-2020.pdf
bcstx06
Pleasant Hill (Harvey Mitchell Pkwy aka FM2818 at Sandy Point:
https://www.drhorton.com/texas/brazosvalley/bryan/pleasant-hill
bcstx06
New neighborhood off of Jones Road near Villa Maria and Hwy 47 called Foxwood Crossing. 131 homes

http://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2020%20SDRC/2-11-2020/PP20-02,%20Foxwood%20Crossing,%2002-11-2020.pdf
histag10
AG
Have friends that live off of Jones Rd in that area. I'm sure they are less than thrilled.
bcstx06
Yaupon Trails is located within the City of Bryan, but will they have Bryan addresses with a 77845 zip code? Which post office will deliver the mail there?

https://www.stylecraft.com/new-homes/tx/bryan/yaupon-trails/6383/
Tailgate88
AG
If College Station is the assigned post office, then maybe neither depending on the day of the week.
histag10
EBrazosAg
AG
I'm pretty sure I saw something recently or got a letter about allowing the use of Bryan 77845. I can't see making someone in Bryan city limits not using Bryan in their address. But I'm pretty sure the PO will be the College Station one.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EBrazosAg
AG
Here is what I saw:

https://www.bryantx.gov/preferred-last-line-address-project-bryan-texas-77845/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bcstx06
EBrazosAg said:

I'm pretty sure I saw something recently or got a letter about allowing the use of Bryan 77845. I can't see making someone in Bryan city limits not using Bryan in their address. But I'm pretty sure the PO will be the College Station one.

Many businesses along HWY 30 are in Bryan but have a College Station address. For example: Central Church and Climate Doctors of BCS.
bcstx06
Another new neighbor going up along Sandy Point:
https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2022%20SDRC/1-18-2022/MP21-05,%20Highland%20Oaks%20Ph%201-6,%2001-18-22.pdf
woodiewood1
toocool said:

Central Baptist has a College Station address but is in the city limits of Bryan. College Station sewer covers their building. Bryan schools serves that area.
Why they have named it Yaupon Trails is the question. It's all mesquite and cedar except for the fence line on Hardy Weedon and that's only because of the birds.
Many street names are just names given by the developer. Bryan has a Pointe du Hoc Dr. and it is not in France.
woodiewood1
bcstx06 said:

EBrazosAg said:

Many businesses along HWY 30 are in Bryan but have a College Station address. For example: Central Church and Climate Doctors of BCS.
Some homes out hwy 60 west are in the city of CS and in Bryan ISD.
woodiewood1
dgonzo99 said:

ajolly said:

waltonag05 said:

The fact that they don't own any land there doesn't mean anything. Culpepper, aka Tejas Center Ltd., owns the location on Villa Maria. They essentially just lease that location. Know somebody that works for Culpepper. Most of the locations in Houston are leases.
The rumored site for the HEB is owned by Don Adams. Who knows, he may have given HEB an option on some land?
textar4404
woodiewood1 said:

dgonzo99 said:

ajolly said:

waltonag05 said:

The rumored site for the HEB is owned by Don Adams. Who knows, he may have given HEB an option on some land?
I've heard he doesn't like it when people put an "s" at the end of his name. It's Adam.
EBrazosAg
AG
ISDs aren't city limits or post offices. We could wear out the board on locations in limits or POs that have different isd. ISDs are that - independent school districts. Not cities. Not post offices. Not counties. That's how Texas works. If you want something different go to a different state. Here - it's a independent story.
EBrazosAg
AG
The rumored site has been rumored for 3-4 years. You think there is a secret deal for that long? If so, you are likely wrong, but ok. And if my name was William and people called me Williams I'd prefer the correct one. Imho - if H-E-B was coming to the University/158 intersection I think it would be in the process already. Maybe Oakmont makes it work out but somehow doubt it.
textar4404
EBrazosAg said:

The rumored site has been rumored for 3-4 years. You think there is a secret deal for that long? If so, you are likely wrong, but ok. And if my name was William and people called me Williams I'd prefer the correct one. Imho - if H-E-B was coming to the University/158 intersection I think it would be in the process already. Maybe Oakmont makes it work out but somehow doubt it.
Not sure why you posted that reply to me.
wareagle044
woodiewood1 said:

bcstx06 said:

EBrazosAg said:

Some homes out hwy 60 west are in the city of CS and in Bryan ISD.

My brother has a CS address but in Navasota ISD
techno-ag
AG
I'm kinda glad to see all this west side development. Lots of room over there. RELLIS, medical stuff, Traditions and the main campus are all nearby.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
bcstx06
Quote:

BRYAN, Texas Residential and commercial development is booming in Bryan.
Over the past decade, Bryan has seen a gradual uptick in the number of building permits issued and new homes and businesses constructed.
So why has Bryan been experiencing this steady growth?
Exploring the Bryan construction boom | KWKT - FOX 44 (fox44news.com)
MisterShipWreck
bcstx06 said:

Do you know if Stylecraft will be developing Pleasant Hill or will it be someone else?

Is Stylecraft the only builder anywhere that develops whole neighborhoods by themselves? I don't think I can think of another homebuilder that does that.
Froeling has, but has mostly stuck to Shenandoah.
PS3D
Ajollyag said:

waltonag05 said:

Yeah. If I recall, the rumor was (around the time Jones Crossing was fairly new) that a new H-E-B on Boonville would be built within a year, despite the fact that the land that it was supposed to be one was neither owned by H-E-B or was for sale.

Despite being more or less disproved, there's still this weird obsession that there should be a new store there any day now.
aggolfer
AG
My Inlaws developed Greenbriar, that was their land. I haven't been through there in years but crazy to see right across from houses where I used to deer hunt.
BrazosWifi
MisterShipWreck said:

bcstx06 said:

Do you know if Stylecraft will be developing Pleasant Hill or will it be someone else?

Is Stylecraft the only builder anywhere that develops whole neighborhoods by themselves? I don't think I can think of another homebuilder that does that.
Froeling has, but has mostly stuck to Shenandoah.

You should check out how many large parcels Froeling owns around here.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.