New Bryan Subdivisions Going Up

31,338 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BrazosWifi
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There have been many new Bryan neighborhoods/subdivisions introduced lately on the City of Bryan Site Development Agendas. One new one that I have a question about is Yaupon Trails, which is located off of Hwy 30 and Hardy Weedon Rd. This area is very confusing (is it College Station? is it Bryan) just like the Central Baptist Church down the road from there. So will these folks have a Bryan or a College Station address? Who will they pay taxes to? Which post office will deliver their mail? I know technically the subdivision isn't in either city's city limits.

http://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2018%20SDRC/03-06-18/MP18-03%20Yaupon%20Trails,%2003-06-18.pdf
JP76
That is the new style craft subdivision. Unless things have changed that is College Station address, BTU utilities and Bryan ISD.
jello123
Everything on the North side of Hwy 30 is in Bryan's ETJ up to the Navasota River. CS ETJ isn't North of HWY 30 until the East side of the Navasota River. http://www.cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=15482
DBSwooper
bcstx06 said:

There have been many new Bryan neighborhoods/subdivisions introduced lately on the City of Bryan Site Development Agendas. One new one that I have a question about is Yaupon Trails, which is located off of Hwy 30 and Hardy Weedon Rd. This area is very confusing (is it College Station? is it Bryan) just like the Central Baptist Church down the road from there. So will these folks have a Bryan or a College Station address? Who will they pay taxes to? Which post office will deliver their mail? I know technically the subdivision isn't in either city's city limits.

http://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2018%20SDRC/03-06-18/MP18-03%20Yaupon%20Trails,%2003-06-18.pdf

I'm more concerned with turning traffic in that section now. The driveway coming out of Powersports has killed more people in crashes in this area in the last 10 years than other private drives onto TxDOT roads. Off the top of my head I can remember four fatalities in that 1/4 mile alone. Hardy Weedon is poorly maintained with terrible pavement edge conditions that are dangerous and now more homes and traffic will be added to the mix.

As much as people hate traffic control devices, something will need to happen in that small cluster dangerous conditions at Hardy Weedon and SH30.

As for which post office, our Rural Route postal guy is so terrible out in that area I don't see why it matters. I've personally caught him throwing packages from my driveway onto my porch twice and he usually marks packages delivered the day the tracking says they should be, but holds on to them until the next day or the day after that to actually get out of his truck to throw the package onto the porch.
techno-ag
AG
jello123 said:

Everything on the North side of Hwy 30 is in Bryan's ETJ up to the Navasota River. CS ETJ isn't North of HWY 30 until the East side of the Navasota River. http://www.cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=15482
Yup. Bryan got that area years ago. CS goes south to the county line, but Bryan & BISD have the rest of the land. Note in far south Brazos Co some parts are in Navasota ISD. Space for College Station to grow and spread out is somewhat limited.
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
InMyOpinion
I believe that subdivision will be completely in the city of Bryan so you will have a Bryan address and services along with city taxes. I think the water would be Wixon. I thought I heard the sewer was being tied into the CS sewer system but I could be wrong.
toocool
Central Baptist has a College Station address but is in the city limits of Bryan. College Station sewer covers their building. Bryan schools serves that area.
Why they have named it Yaupon Trails is the question. It's all mesquite and cedar except for the fence line on Hardy Weedon and that's only because of the birds.
EBrazosAg
AG
InMyOpinion said:

I believe that subdivision will be completely in the city of Bryan so you will have a Bryan address and services along with city taxes. I think the water would be Wixon. I thought I heard the sewer was being tied into the CS sewer system but I could be wrong.
The only way the houses will be in Bryan is if there is annexation. The housing portion is platted outside the COB limits. They will have a CS address until Bryan annexation occurs. 77845 zip.

School district boundaries are old and will not change. No district will give up taxes, especial when rural land is being turned into something with much higher taxes. Those lines were drawn a hundred years ago or more. Not moving. Cities and school districts - counties and school districts for that matter - are not linked in Texas. They are in other states, but not this one.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
waterchick
If you look carefully at the Vicinity Map in the linked PDF, the housing development is within City limits. It was annexed sometime in the past few months, maybe late last summer.
InMyOpinion
egret said:

If you look carefully at the Vicinity Map in the linked PDF, the housing development is within City limits. It was annexed sometime in the past few months, maybe late last summer.

Correct. I believe it was an owner requested annexation in September 2017.
bcstx06
It's great that these will be in the City of Bryan! More roof tops bring more taxes into the city and more retail.
techno-ag
AG
bcstx06 said:

It's great that these will be in the City of Bryan! More roof tops bring more taxes into the city and more retail.
Yup. Glad to see expansion over there. The extension of University Dr. should be good too.
FlyRod
halibut sinclair
JP76
egret said:

So just the subdivision was annexed ?
toocool
City of Bryan annexed 200 feet on NE side of Hwy 30 all the way to Enchanted Oaks subdivision years ago. StyleCraft recently requested to annex all their property up to the cemetery on Hardy Weedon, I'm assuming so they can receive city services.
Captn_Ag05
AG
How many homes are expected to be part of this development?
bcstx06
I don't know but it seems like a pretty big number looking at similar developments.

Does anyone know if the Oakmont neighborhood has announced any builders yet? Or when that neighborhood will start construction?
InMyOpinion
Captn_Ag05 said:

How many homes are expected to be part of this development?

"Matt Childers at Stylecraft says Yaupon Trails will include 338 single family homes, similar to their Sienna development that is also in east Bryan."
patmorgan235
There are so many cul de sac's in that development. really inefficient use of the infrastructure, probably won't be a productive neighborhood long term.
Oogway
I'm curious. What do you mean by productive in reference to cul-de-sacs? I think I understand about infrastructure and traffic, but some homeowners prefer not to live on streets that become 'short cut' streets. Castlegate, in College Station has cul-de-sacs, but also a number of continuous streets to aid in traffic flow (Victoria, Phillips, etc). I suppose it is difficult when everybody tries to leave at once (Victoria at 7:45), and you want to turn left against the flow, but what are some things I'm missing here?
patmorgan235
While I understand that some home owners don't like short cut traffic through their neighborhood, those are(or will be) public streets, and building a maze of cul de sacs destroys the 'network effect' of the road network and pushs all the traffic on to the major roads and prevents it from dispersing though the local streets. It also forces people to drive because they turn want could be a 10 minute walk into a 30 minute journey through all the twist and turns of the development( not so much for this one but look how but many of the bigger sub urban developments) .

As for being financially productive, by that I mean those property probably wont generate enough tax revenue to pay for the roads / other infrastructure that support them. If you actually connected all the streets you could probably fit more homes with less infrastructure and the public would benefit by having a more robust road network. I haven't actually done the math on this development but if you help me find how many homes their planning and in what price range we can come up with a rough estimate.
Oogway
I see; your explanation makes sense. I hadn't thought much about the efficiency of it.
Oogway
The linked document also shows multifamily/townhomes in Planning Area 2. So those are in addition to the 300+ single family?
bcstx06
Since the last post on here, several new housing developments have come on board including Alamosa Springs on the West side of town off of Highway 47.

http://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2018%20SDRC/9-04-18/PP18-14%20Alamosa%20Springs,%2009-04-18.pdf

I knew that HWY 47 would eventually begin to develop with housing and retail with all of the new industries recently added to the area, but this next one is kind of a surprise.

Pleasant Hill will be located on 114.26 acres (268 homes) on the corner of North Harvey Mitchell and Sandy Point Road. Site plans seem to show future retail and future high dense housing adjacent to the neighborhood as well. This should be a nice scenic and quiet area for people looking for a home and really close to Lake Bryan. I look forward to seeing this area develop.
techno-ag
AG
bcstx06 said:

Since the last post on here, several new housing developments have come on board including Alamosa Springs on the West side of town off of Highway 47.

http://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2018%20SDRC/9-04-18/PP18-14%20Alamosa%20Springs,%2009-04-18.pdf

I knew that HWY 47 would eventually begin to develop with housing and retail with all of the new industries recently added to the area, but this next one is kind of a surprise.

Pleasant Hill will be located on 114.26 acres (268 homes) on the corner of North Harvey Mitchell and Sandy Point Road. Site plans seem to show future retail and future high dense housing adjacent to the neighborhood as well. This should be a nice scenic and quiet area for people looking for a home and really close to Lake Bryan. I look forward to seeing this area develop.

Great news. Stylecraft is kicking it, too.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
bcstx06
Do you know if Stylecraft will be developing Pleasant Hill or will it be someone else?

Is Stylecraft the only builder anywhere that develops whole neighborhoods by themselves? I don't think I can think of another homebuilder that does that.
techno-ag
AG
bcstx06 said:

Do you know if Stylecraft will be developing Pleasant Hill or will it be someone else?

Is Stylecraft the only builder anywhere that develops whole neighborhoods by themselves? I don't think I can think of another homebuilder that does that.
Sorry dunno. But you're right they are big on whole neighborhood development. One of their new ones is behind Bonham Elementary.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
rcannaday
AG
Where are these people coming from to fill these houses and new apartments?
dgonzo99
That area was annexed by Bryan months ago at the request of Stylecraft.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.