Hail falling in College Station....

10,577 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DontBeTriggered
rc_cat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haven't seen anything bigger than marble sized yet - but it sounds louder on the roof. Raintree area.
Rapier108
Same in Bryan. Mostly marble size,a few nickle,quarter,and two about ping pong ball size.
The Original AG 76
AG
not enough to wet the pavement in Quail Run
bushytailed
AG
South Bryan/north CS
Quite a few larger than half dollars
I feel sorry for anyone caught in it.
Prune Tracy
curry97
AG
But how are things in Iola?
aggiepaintrain
AG
golf ball at douglass nissan area
UmustBKidding
Psa, roads are for driving not parking under bridges. Trying to get to town for an emergency and all latest were blocked by people trying to hide under the sw parkway bridge.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

South of Wellborn. Nothing.
Give it a few minutes
rsa
AG
Golf ball and larger size in College Hills. Shattered the top window on our garden window :-(
91_Aggie
AG
Nothing in Shenandoah. But I got our two newest cars in the garage around 5:50pm
AggieBarstool
Listening to the folks on KBTX, you'd think it was the second coming of Christ. Not to mention they interrupted significant portions of the Men's NCAA tournament game. I was not amused.

We got about 45 seconds of hail around the College Station Walmart/Post Office area.
JP76
Hit Lupe Tortilla area pretty good. Some were 2.5-2.75 wide
Rapier108
Sounds like south Brazos County took a real beating. Lots of cars, and one semi, in the ditch along Highway 6, and a semi-truck on fire in the southbound lanes.
BCStalk
Yup and a number of people exiting an on ramp by Home Depot. I almost got side swiped and her excuse was and I quote "oh there is an accident up there "
taxpreparer
AG
I had one slightly smaller than a tennis ball end up under my couch after punching a hole in my skylight.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
txcajun
AG
Yep, got caught in it coming back from church. I pulled over at a business off hwy 6 and tried to get some cover, but wasn't much use. I saw golf ball sized hail. My new truck has tons of dents. I'm sure they'll have a tent set up tomorrow for State Farm.
MisterShipWreck
My car is damaged pretty bad, and I got hit with several pieces at the time as well. Damn, that hurt
slyk
So which marble size are you referring to? They vary from 10mm to 25mm (approx 3/8" to 1")

SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Any reports from Traditions area? Im 400 miles away
AG
We live near Coulter and Carter Creek, only got rain, some fairly heavy. Picked up my daughter at Central Baptist around 6:30 and they had just been hit about 15 minutes before it seemed. Tons of water on the ground, pea to golfball size, a few a little bigger.

Went to Wings n More on University and they had been hit as well. Got pics from someone in Wellborn, in River Place subdivision and they had some 2" across. I think all of that was in the first couple cells that came through. I don't know what the last big cell that hit S CS did, if it produced hail as well. We were lucky to be out but never in it.
classicdoug
AG
If you need a shop to fix your car, give me a call at Classic Collision and Restoration. 979-779-8399. We work with all insurance companies. Be careful of insurance company "steering", which is them trying to persuade you to use one of their shops. You have the right to have your car repaired anywhere you want.
BrazosDog02
AG
If you have roof damage, give us a call...

www.tcbelitefleet.com

I live in Hempstead but we have sales and crews that travel. Ill run jobs in Baytown and League City if thats where people need help. We specialize in insurance restoration, much like classic doug above except for roofing. Good reviews, BBB accredited and the job is done properly and legally. Mention texags.
dallasag00
AG
Did Pebble/Williams Creek get hit with the hail as well?
JP76
Does your shop offer PDR ?
MisterShipWreck
classicdoug said:

If you need a shop to fix your car, give me a call at Classic Collision and Restoration. 979-779-8399. We work with all insurance companies. Be careful of insurance company "steering", which is them trying to persuade you to use one of their shops. You have the right to have your car repaired anywhere you want.
I just called Statefarm this evening to start my claim. I usually use Jack Winslow body shop - but I know that fixing hail damage can be done much easier than damage from a wreck. Where are you located at?
Dont Tell Me My Business
AG
If you are in need of a roofing contractor, please give me a call. I specialize in insurance restoration and previously worked as an insurance claims adjuster for over 10 years. I can walk you through the claims process and answer any questions you may have. I am fully insured and certified.

David Zora '02
Battle Red Construction
832-732-5764
www.battleredconstruction.com
Aggie owned and operated
jws456
AG
State Roofing Company
Aggie Owned & Operated
Local, Licensed, Insured, Certified
Office: 979-260-7663

Throwing my hat into the ring.

If you need recommendations, we come highly recommended on the NextDoor app by your neighbors here in Bryan/College Station. I've personally been handling wind and hail claims here for the past few years. I know the process and the insurance companies. Call me out for free inspection, photo report, and estimate.

Joshua Sebesta '12
Cell: 979-549-5801 (call/text)
Email: josh@stateroofingtexas.com
classicdoug
AG
JP76 & MisterShipWreck, my shop is in Bryan on Hwy 21 right next to John Deere tractor. I've been in business for 20 years and in the industry for almost 30 years. I am Aggie class of 93.

Yes, we do offer PDR. If you need any help with the insurance company or the claim let me know and we'll handle them for you.

Thanks,
Doug
txcajun
AG
classicdoug said:

JP76 & MisterShipWreck, my shop is in Bryan on Hwy 21 right next to John Deere tractor. I've been in business for 20 years and in the industry for almost 30 years. I am Aggie class of 93.

Yes, we do offer PDR. If you need any help with the insurance company or the claim let me know and we'll handle them for you.

Thanks,
Doug

I'll give you a call this week. I called State Farm and they've already submitted a claim. Just FYI, rates don't go up for natural causes. Also, State Farm has sent a weather team to assess the damage in B/CS area. Apparently a lot of people got hit by storm. They're trying to decide whether or not they're going to have a station (tent I mentioned in my last post) set up somewhere. They did something similar years ago in Plano, TX. Just drive up to a tent, wait in line, and they look at your vehicle.
Mumbo Jimbo
Chris Martin 87
AG
dallasag00 said:

No. Williams Creek did not get hail.
txcajun
AG
Chris Martin 87 said:

dallasag00 said:

No. Williams Creek did not get hail.
Yeah, Castlegate II must of missed it, too. I didn't see or hear of any hail damage to vehicles. I think it hit mostly South Bryan and North CS areas. I was driving on Frontage RD near Scott and White Clinic (University Dr.) when it hit, and thought windshield on Chevy Silverado was going to crack - stuff was coming down hard. I have 10 dents above cab and 4 on hood, but no side damage. Not much you can do when it catches you on the road and there aren't any covered areas nearby (parking garages).
MisterShipWreck
classicdoug said:

Thanks,
Doug

Thanks.

I called Statefarm around 10pm last night and reported it. I am still awaiting the adjuster to get back to me so I can proceed.
phatpat21
The top floor of the Physicians Center has water damage. Some hail went THROUGH the roof
Wow
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.