Anyone familiar with Brazos Valley Construction

2,260 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Its Not Rocket Surgery
Its Not Rocket Surgery
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was wondering if anyone had familiar with this company as a home builder (or otherwise) and know anything about their work? Mrs. Rocket Surgeon and I are looking at a house they built by we've never heard of them before. Thanks!
meinkee
Emanuel Glockzin . Built a few specs in the 80's but his bread and butter was govt multi family projects statewide. He did build some affordable housing rentals( a whole street) in CS a few years ago off Barron. Quality (constructionwise) I don't know, but as a supplier to him, budgets were spec grade average.

Its Not Rocket Surgery
AG
meinkee said:

Emanuel Glockzin . Built a few specs in the 80's but his bread and butter was govt multi family projects statewide. He did build some affordable housing rentals( a whole street) in CS a few years ago off Barron. Quality (constructionwise) I don't know, but as a supplier to him, budgets were spec grade average.

Interesting, thanks for the feedback meinkee. Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but when you are referring to "spec grade average," are you referring to items such as cabinets, counter surfaces, flooring, etc., or does this also include things like framing, bracing, plumbing and the like? We noticed most of the cabinets in the house we the standard awful off orange'ish faux wood grain, but this is something we can eventually upgrade and live with in the short-term.

I noticed some subtle differences in the attic bracing between this home and our current home, so I'm hoping to find an inspector in town that gives extra scrutiny to those types of details. I can live with some ho hum fit and finish as long as the structure is solid.
txgardengirl
Use an agent and a licensed inspector and they will inform you of anything to be aware of. I don't know them well as a residential builder.
meinkee
Yes, I am referring to cabs, fixtures fittings, trim items. Average. Don't know structural. I have never heard any bad about them.
Its Not Rocket Surgery
AG
meinkee said:

Yes, I am referring to cabs, fixtures fittings, trim items. Average. Don't know structural. I have never heard any bad about them.

Copy that. Thanks again for the feedback!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.