Century Square

10,857 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DontBeTriggered
MsC2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apparently they are enforcing parking now. Any one have any experiences?
redd38
AG
I actually went there today and didn't pay to park. There was a security person walking around and I asked her if I was supposed to pay for parking. She said yes but that most people don't. So I decided not to pay and nothing happened to me.
MsC2012
AG
Yeah I saw them walking around. The A&M parking people are who gives out tickets. Wonder if they will start.
unmade bed
Welp, i won't be going back. Let us know when they stop that nonsense again. I actually enjoyed it the times I went once they stopped enforcing it.
The Anchor
AG
unmade bed said:

Welp, i won't be going back. Let us know when they stop that nonsense again. I actually enjoyed it the times I went once they stopped enforcing it.
Same here. I still had a few restaurants to try, too. Oh well.
Captn_Ag05
AG
They do need to do something about the parking. As I said on here before, two weekends ago when I was at the George, there was zero parking available between the restaurant customers and hotel guests. It is great that there are people going, but they have to get that parking garage done soon. It makes zero sense to me and is going to frustrate a lot of people.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I also saw on Century Square social media that they are hosting a Texas A&M "pep rally" at 6. I thought that was funny.
FlyRod
Hmmm...have been there every day this week and haven't paid yet.
Cyp0111
They need to get the garage done
CharlieBrown17
AG
As of last Saturday the meters didn't have power on, looked at a station on the way past and it was completely black
redd38
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

As of last Saturday the meters didn't have power on, looked at a station on the way past and it was completely black

If you touch any button the screen turns on
CharlieBrown17
AG
redd38 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

If you touch any button the screen turns on

Huh. That's pretty dumb
texasaggie04
AG
redd38 said:

There was a security person walking around and I asked her if I was supposed to pay for parking. She said yes but that most people don't.

What... is that supposed to that mean? I would certainly hope somebody employed there would be less ambivalent.
Al Bula
AG
texasaggie04 said:

redd38 said:

There was a security person walking around and I asked her if I was supposed to pay for parking. She said yes but that most people don't.

What... is that supposed to that mean? I would certainly hope somebody employed there would be less ambivalent.
are you just now figuring out that people with basically no desirable workforce qualities who are stuck in dead end, low paying jobs actually DON'T give AF about the job?!
BlueMiles
AG
MrsC2012 said:

The A&M parking people are who gives out tickets. Wonder if they will start.

Are you sure? This seems odd.
bushytailed
AG
I went to Piada on Tuesday. I didn't see any parking receipts on other dashboards, but I went ahead and paid for parking anyway. The two employees I spoke with at Piada mentioned not paying isn't a big deal if you're only there an hour or so.

I paid $1 for an hour. It would have been $3 for two hours, which I found odd. It also took the parking meter forever (about a full minute) to process my payment. A friend of mine had a similar experience a couple days earlier.
AgGunNut
AG
I don't know if this is the case, but it shouldn't be odd if it's true. A&M owns the property.
redd38
AG
texasaggie04 said:

redd38 said:

Security person is not a parking person. I'm sure no one cares about paying for parking except the parking people.
BlueMiles
AG
AgGunNut said:

I don't know if this is the case, but it shouldn't be odd if it's true. A&M owns the property.

They did not put up the pay stations, though, as far as I know. If they had, it would make sense to me.

I fully believe that if A&M was responsible for ticketing/enforcement, all of our vehicles would be ticketed/booted/towed by now.
AggieBarstool
unmade bed said:

+1

I was really looking forward to trying that steakhouse, too.

Sadly, there will be enough sheeple who don't mind paying the parking such that it won't encourage them to get rid of the meters.
techno-ag
AG
AggieBarstool said:

unmade bed said:

+1

I was really looking forward to trying that steakhouse, too.

Sadly, there will be enough sheeple who don't mind paying the parking such that it won't encourage them to get rid of the meters.
I would go for voluntary pay spaces. Pay if you want to, pay if it makes you feel better. But I'm not going to go there if paying to park is mandatory.
FlyRod
KidDoc
AG
I believe the plan is to have free parking in the garage and paid near the stores.

The problem at the moment is that the garage is not completed.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gopitt
People will pay $150 for dinner and drinks for two but not a buck or two for parking??
CS is a big city now. When you are in a big city you PAY to park or go through the drive through at McDonald's.
Cannot believe $1 or $2 will prevent people from going out. But they will pay $15 for a glass of wine when you can get an entire bottle for $7 at your local grocery store.
Pure stupidity.
EBrazosAg
AG
gopitt said:

People will pay $150 for dinner and drinks for two but not a buck or two for parking??
CS is a big city now. When you are in a big city you PAY to park or go through the drive through at McDonald's.
Cannot believe $1 or $2 will prevent people from going out. But they will pay $15 for a glass of wine when you can get an entire bottle for $7 at your local grocery store.
Pure stupidity.
It's a process. And the issue is the uncertainty and how to pay If they will put in a pay by cell app I would have no issue. If it's vague and difficult I would. I wouldn't call people having a issue stupidity. Maybe small town thinking. Stupid is a strong word, or at least that is what I was taught growing up.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieBarstool
gopitt said:

Pure stupidity.
I refuse to pay for the privilege of paying to have goods and/or services rendered. I don't pay to park at the grocery store and spend several hundreds of dollars a month. Do you? I don't pay to shop at pet stores, my veterinarian's office, or _insert eatery on Restaurant Row_, either. Do you?

Is this an absurd point to quibble about given the context of the area and what consumers spend in said area? Sure! But the point, for me, still stands. I'll choose to vote with my dollars as is my right. Arguing withe me about it, is, well... pure stupidity.

And calling BCS a "big city?" Lulz.
redd38
AG
gopitt said:

Pure stupidity.

Lol, says the guy that doesn't pay for texags...
methinks you understand the concept of not wanting to pay for something you can get for free.
MsC2012
AG
I facebook messaged Century Square with no response still........ I go to OrangeTheory 3-4x a week and I don't pay for parking and they haven't brought it up in class so I would imagine none of their members are paying, and just about every class they have every day is full... But I do see the A&M parking people sitting in the lot.
Cyp0111
Good to see the Orange Theory doing well. It is a good workout.
gopitt
Apparently a large number of people don't give a sh** about a dollar or two for parking since the entire place is thriving and will get even better when more shops, restaurants and the parking garage are completed. So instead of $150 for dinner and drinks they are paying $152 which must really crimp some people's style on here.
And, if BCS has a metro population around 225,000-250,000, yes that does qualify as a big city.
For those that can't afford a dollar or two get in line at McDonald's with the college kids. Oh wait. College kids make up a large number of those frequenting the area.
I would also guess that those complaining about the charge for parking gladly fork over $25 or more for Aggie football game parking and other events. And that includes lots as far away from the stadium as Northgate not just university controlled lots. The church parking lot where I park a couple of miles away from the stadium charges $20 and is full every game. Go figure.
Cyp0111
I think the surface parking at a small fee seems doable. The parking garage needs to be free.
nwspmp
gopitt said:

Apparently a large number of people don't give a sh** about a dollar or two for parking since the entire place is thriving and will get even better when more shops, restaurants and the parking garage are completed. So instead of $150 for dinner and drinks they are paying $152 which must really crimp some people's style on here.
And, if BCS has a metro population around 225,000-250,000, yes that does qualify as a big city.
For those that can't afford a dollar or two get in line at McDonald's with the college kids. Oh wait. College kids make up a large number of those frequenting the area.
I would also guess that those complaining about the charge for parking gladly fork over $25 or more for Aggie football game parking and other events. And that includes lots as far away from the stadium as Northgate not just university controlled lots. The church parking lot where I park a couple of miles away from the stadium charges $20 and is full every game. Go figure.
Damn, I must've been super lucky. The last time I went to something over there, my tab (with free parking at the time) was only about $15.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Man I think I'm a miserable **** sometimes then I read the Aggieland board
Cyp0111
It's full of idiots
Scruffy
AG
gopitt said:

My hometown has a population of >100k.
It's a suburb.
They don't mind driving 20+ minutes to get out to the highway and then to work.
Here people complain about driving 15min from south college station to Bryan.
250k is not a big city.
250k is 2-3 small towns close to each other.

If this was a large population we would have:
Top golf
Alamo draft house
Good shopping
Concerts (with real bands not covers)
Etc.

The developers were sold on a pipe dream. And many locals think more of themselves than is true.
Until we have true industry, independent of the university, and a population not dependent on students and their parents money we won't be a large city but a town.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.