Date Night Recommendations

1,863 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
Aggie_Family4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My wife's dad surprised us by taking our kids for the night and now we have all this freedom on a Wednesday night and nothing to do. Any ideas are welcome. Any new restaurants or bars that we should try out? We talked about starting happy hour at Cafe Eccell but are wide open after that. Looking forward to the suggestions.
JaneDoe02
AG
Messina Hof is our favorite for date night
FlyRod
Bar at the George is classy and great. The Republic is always on point.
Kellibn
Spend the evening browsing Century Square!
AggieAces06
AG
I would end at cafe eccel for dessert!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Stop by Hey Sugar Candy Store in Century Square - great spot. Dinner at Porters or Poppy's in Century Square may also be nice if looking for a nice meal.
KidDoc
AG
Porter's if you want the steak house experience. Poppy's is good if you like small portions and odd foods. My wife had skate and I had boar-- both excellent just small and pricey.

Then you can check out Hey Sugar for dessert.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
halibut sinclair
Downtown Bryan
75AG
AG
Went to Porter's last night. Underwhelmed. I realize it's new, and folks are still learning; however, it took forever to get our food. Poor waiter had to come over several times to apologize. We'll wait a few more months for another try.

Right now my advice, if you're going to spend $200 on date night, stay with The Republic. They have their "stuff" together. And you don't have to pay for parking.
RMC91
AG
AggieAces06
AG
RMC91 said:

Also need a date night recommendation for my wife's birthday? Which nice restaurant has the best fish in town?

Cafe Eccell has great crab cakes and I love their voodoo salmon.
australopithecus robustus
Their Coriander Crusted Tuna and Snapper are awesome too!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.