Suddenlink

3,042 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Average Joe
runnrboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Very slow connection today. We are paying for 50mb down but are currently getting 1.3mb down over wifi. I've called with this problem in the past without any solution. Sure wish there was a better option in town.
kill0509
AG
Same here. Have had my internet speed be as low as 0.9 mbps today while my cell phone through Sprint is a blazing 7.5 mbps. Suddenlink has such a monopoly in the area and it's not even close. Would love for them to have some competition here just to keep them honest with their prices and their service.
Rex Racer
AG
I reset my modem by calling them, and that fixed it this morning. This afternoon, we lost it completely. But it's back now.
doubledog
Most of Texas is painted red (problem with suddenlink) https://istheservicedown.com/problems/suddenlink
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Called them earlier and they said there were errors in our network and that they fixed them and it all should be good.

Anyone having this affect phone too? Or just internet? Our phone through SL also giving us trouble.
runnrboy
AG
Our phone seems to be fine. Internet seems to be only thing giving us issues.
Average Joe
AG
Our internet is in and out.
texstaf
Still down. Connection been going up and down for days but today seems worse.
SoTheySay
S
My husband is on the phone with them now, completely unaware that I've found this thread, and they're troubleshooting - completely ignoring that fact that they just suck.
momtaxi
No problems here.paying for 400 megs and getting 425 over WiFi
SoTheySay
S
We are also paying for 400 - getting 70.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
My office phone was down today. Apparently Suddenlink did some sort of upgrade last night. Resetting my modem took care of it.

Would have been nice to get an email from Suddenlink before or after, especially with so many problems.
texstaf
Suddenlink texted us at 8 last night and told us the issue had been resolved. It appears to be true.
texstaf
Suddenlink texted us at 8 last night and told us the issue had been resolved. It appears to be true.
The Original AG 76
AG
Mr.Short-termMemory said:

My office phone was down today. Apparently Suddenlink did some sort of upgrade last night. Resetting my modem took care of it.

Would have been nice to get an email from Suddenlink before or after, especially with so many problems.
Except that we are not anywhere near CS and now all of our security cams are down until we get back to town this weekend . Thanks guys . Typical Suddenlink.
DBSwooper
The Original AG 76 said:

Except that we are not anywhere near CS and now all of our security cams are down until we get back to town this weekend . Thanks guys . Typical Suddenlink.

That's not exactly the sort of thing safety minded people post publicly on the internet.
The Original AG 76
AG
DBSwooper said:

The Original AG 76 said:

That's not exactly the sort of thing safety minded people post publicly on the internet.
seriously ?
Geralt of Rivia
S
Yesterday I was down to .10 MB/s until I restarted the router. It was still slower than usual, but was at least semi acceptable
NellCote71
Thanks, guys. You saved me from buying a new iPad. Mine is four years old, and I thought the battery was finished.
AggieBarstool
And here I am, having had literally zero problems with my Suddenlink over the last decade or so.

I think y'all just have unrealistic expectations of an internet service provider.
Dennis Reynolds
AggieBarstool said:

And here I am, having had literally zero problems with my Suddenlink over the last decade or so.

I think y'all just have unrealistic expectations of an internet service provider.
Exactly
rc_cat
AggieBarstool said:

I don't usually have problems - but there was something wrong the other day. And, as nothing had changed with my devices between midnight and 7 am, it had to be on Suddenlink's end. However, there was nothing anywhere on their pages to indicate they knew there was a problem and that rebooting the modem would (probably) fix it. I don't expect perfection - but a little communication would be nice.
Average Joe
AG
AggieBarstool said:

My expectations are that I pay them and they give me the service I pay them for. If that is too much then maybe they shouldn't be in business.

That said, there were outages for more than just B/CS the other day, and more than just Suddenlink. Mine came back sometime between 6 and 8 pm, but was down the entire day. Not everyone was affected, but a considerable amount were.

Edit: Considering Suddenlink said on multiple occasions that there was a known issue and they eventually resolved it I'm not sure what the argument is about. Maybe you know more about their systems than they do.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.