Psvue in College Station

2,626 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Psychag
Psychag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else in College Station with Psvue getting all the network channels out of Dallas area? I'm good with being able to get ABC, FOX, NBC Live, but not able to watch KBTX for news casts. Anyone else?
Average Joe
AG
I'm only getting kbtx and another CBS. I don't get any other locals at all.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I have Vue and only get KBTX and KWTX.

I'm about to have to figure something else out though when the Astros get going again, looks like AT&T Sportsnet is only available on DirecTV here?
Gigem314
AG
Average Joe said:

I'm only getting kbtx and another CBS. I don't get any other locals at all.
Yep, same here.

I'm ok with it because we watch all of our shows on demand anyway. There really isn't anything we need to see live on the other networks.

It would be nice to have NBC/ABC thrown in for the price though. The Houston affiliates would be fine with me.
bobinator
AG
I just want them so I can watch Jeopardy.
RJ3
AG
We made the switch to YouTube TV. It gets you all the major networks and was cheaper for us. We're a lot happier with it. DVR is easier too
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
When did YouTube TV become available in BCS?
Psychag
AG
Interesting that I'm only one getting CBS, ABC, NBC, and FOX FROM Dallas market with psvue. Pretty cool I now get all major networks. I assume I'll be able to watch Aggie basketball game tomorrow, as it should be showing in those markets. I've gotten used to watching local news through the KBTX App.
AggieBarstool
VW Bus Guy said:

A few months ago.

Do yourself a favor and get DirecTV Now instead.
bobinator
AG
We're giving YouTubeTV a try this week. Will give DirecTV Now another shot when they launch the DVR feature soon.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
AggieBarstool said:

VW Bus Guy said:

A few months ago.

What locals do you get on DirecTV Now in B/CS? KBTX? Others for ABC, NBC, FOX?
AggieBarstool
VW Bus Guy said:

AggieBarstool said:

VW Bus Guy said:

A few months ago.

What locals do you get on DirecTV Now in B/CS? KBTX? Others for ABC, NBC, FOX?
Depending on your market, yes to all of them.
txcajun
AG
I have PS Vue, but get channels out of Austin, so no local channels. Actually, latest update now puts you in Central Texas zone, but still channels out of Austin for me. The only reason I use Sony's crap service is because we're renting until our home is built (rural area - no Suddnelink). The biggest issue with PS Vue is that it uses a LOT of data (can push your data usage to 500+ GB per month), and Suddenlink started throttling our speeds, so I've had to make sure I only use PS Vue at certain times during the day. The other issue is all the error codes you get periodically throughout the day. I guess I'd rather deal with that than additional services from Suddenlink. Suddenlink is absolutely horrible when it comes to customer service.
bobinator
AG
We bumped our suddenlink internet up to an unlimited plan.

For the DirecTV Now group, what do you like about it? We tried it out for a while at first and didn't like it as much as PSVue.

I'm really digging YouTube TV so far though.
Psychag
AG
We get unlimited commercial internet. Getting used to network channels out of Dallas. We use KBTX News app for live news streaming. At lease will be able to watch Thursday night football next season, so that's cool. I have had psvue for about 6 months and really like it. Not going back to Suddenlink or Satellite anytime soon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.