Group transport to IAH

1,649 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mhnatt
DisneyFan5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy,

Besides Ground Shuttle, does anyone have any recommendations on getting a group of 22 folks and luggage to Bush Intercontinental for a 5am flight? The return flight arrives at 8pm.

It's not till April, but I'm trying to arrange it so we have one less thing to worry about.

Thanks,
Becky

Bunk Moreland
Are all 22 of you going to Disney World?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

dubi
AG
Contact transportation services at a&m.
txbudda
Unless it is an A&M affiliated group Transportation will not be able to help they don't rent to the general public.
dubi
AG
I didn't know that. Thanks!
DBSwooper
Bunk Moreland said:

Don't forget and leave Kevin at home.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
txbudda said:

Unless it is an A&M affiliated group Transportation will not be able to help they don't rent to the general public.
Back when United was Continental, they cancelled a flight to Houston and they chartered a A&M bus to take us to Houston.

Have they changed their policy?
txbudda
Technically I believe the airport is part of A&M so if they are the ones who arranged I think it would be have been in policy. This is what the Transportation website says about it

Non-affiliates
Under certain conditions, Transit may provide service to organizations that are not directly affiliated with Texas A&M University organizations. A non-affiliated organization may be considered for charter services provided the following criteria apply:
[ol]
  • The organization has an account with the university
    If you are a non-affiliate who has not chartered with us before, please complete and follow instructions on this non-affiliate form. Your organization will need to be approved and assigned an account number before the charter can run. Excel PDF
  • The desired charter route will stay within the Brazos Valley area.
  • The organization agrees to pay, in full, the amount billed for services rendered.
  • [/ol]The decision to provide or deny charter services is solely at the discretion of Transportation Services management.
    If your organization meets the above criteria, please read and agree to the statement below to complete the Charter Request Form. The information gathered on the form will be used to determine if Transit is able to provide service to your organization at the times/dates requested. Notice of approval or denial will be given upon review of the information.
    UmustBKidding
    Think streamride https://www.streamride.com has service to Austin and who knows but might be able to do a Houston run. Maybe not since you are likely at least two carloads and think they are a mom and pop.
    carpe vinum
    AG
    Brazos Transit probably would, and http://www.aggielandsclassychassis.com/
    theGoodAg94
    AG
    txbudda said:

A&M does charter buses to the general public. However they unlikely will make the trip to IAH.
    Below you can find information regarding the service and prices.
    Transportation Services Charter Service
    DisneyFan5
    Bunk Moreland said:

Why, yes, we are going to WDW for a cooking competition.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Ground shuttle was a little pricey for the group.
    KaneIsAble
    AG
    You realize most of the above was extreme sarcasm?

...or is my meter off.......
    TXCityGirl
    You can also hire a driver from Ground Shuttle to drive you in a different vehicle. I hired a driver to take three students to Houston for a conference before and it was worth the money. Also consider hiring a limo company, but you will definitely need two of them.
    mhnatt
    Another idea might be to rent two 15-passenger Ford Transit vans from Enterprise for the day and have a couple of folks drive them there and back. I have rented these vans for as little as around $50-$70 each. Gas, driver, vans probably looking around $400-$500 total.
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.