Vinyl siding repair/replacement

733 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by philothea
philothea
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Does anyone know of anyone that does Vinyl siding repair/replacement. I have yet to find anyone willing to do it and really don't want to deal with the big box stores.

Most people I talk with want to replace with Hardi Plank or LP smart siding but knowing the house that it going to probably require retrofitting that I don't have the funds for.

Had the vinyl damaged in a hailstorm last year and still haven't found anyone to fix it.

Thanks.
JP76
How old is the existing siding and what color ?
Vinyl was the rage in the 90's and they used to keep it in stock in town but now it has to special ordered. Are you wanting to replace pieces or entire sides of the house ? The color fades over time so even if you can match it will stick out compared to the old siding. I don't get much request for it anymore, the last whole house I sided was in 2014 and previously one was in 2008. If you want I can look at this project and give you my thoughts on if what you are wanting to do is feasible. You can reach me at

jpp_76@hotmail.com
philothea
Thanks, I emailed you. The problem is I don't have the funds to replace with Hardie plus know the way the house is built there will probably be issues to switch to another type of siding.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.