Wood privacy fence replacement questions

1,343 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by legalbird
AFM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it a common practice for contractors to just remove the existing wood posts and hummer down the remaining concrete/cement just below ground? The contractor who gave me a quote said they will dig new holes but I thought removing the old posts and putting new 4x4 and cement at the existing holes is the most logical way to go.

I suppose the way the contractor does will save their time and some Quikrete. I wonder what's the reasonable removal cost per post if a customer wants to have the old post/concrete removed first. TIA.
CS78
Ive done it and removing the old concrete is by far the hardest part of the job. Really a PITA if the post is broken off at the base.
CollegeStationMaid
It's pretty standard - removing the concrete is time-consuming and not an easy process
Stupe
S
It's not uncommon to do that if you have the option of moving the post locations. We replaced one of our fence lines due to a couple of rotten posts and we didn't have a choice but to dig up the old ones due to the distances of the tie in posts.

Go with aluminum posts when you replace, by the way.
medic1969p
My husband does it both ways. It's more work to remove the concrete. He charges $60 per post to do it the way you were quoted and $80 per post to remove the concrete. His business is Glory Enterprises, he does lost of maintenance, minor remodeling, fence repair/replace, pressure washing, etc.....

If you would like to speak to him further you can reach him at 979-218-2335
legalbird
d
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.