Horseback riding

2,154 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Inca
soso33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is there a place nearby that offers a half day of horseback riding through trails with nice scenery? Also would be interested in a few hours driving distance as well if it's a good experience.
Thanks
techno-ag
AG
You might check into Galveston. I seem to recall a ride along the beach somewhere.
UmustBKidding
Think there is a place at Huntsville state park that has trail rides. Wife and daughter take their horses to lake somerville, they have trails around the like but its very rocky, and don't think they have park provided horses. Their go to place is Mckinney Roughs nature park outside bastrop. They take their own horses but there is an equestrian facility there. Its an LCRA park, quiet and secluded. They like because lots of shade and like swimming their horses in the river to cool off. Its adjacent to the Hyatt lost pines resort an know they include trail rides in some of their packages.
JessicaShefty
Cypress Trails!
CR173
AG
Still Creek Ranch maybe?
agfan1030
Here is a link for Huntsville... But, I have no idea what kind of experience it is or anything about the horses.

http://www.2estables.com/
mgreen
Scratching my head that you can not ride a horse in the B/CS area. I know we have horses, ranches and trails. We need entrepreneurs .
UmustBKidding
It's the trails and nice scenery they asked.for that is lacking in bcs. There are places to ride but I don't know of anywhere to get on a horse and ride for half a day with nice scenery around bcs
GoneGirl
AG
JessicaShefty said:

Cypress Trails!
I'm not a fan of Cypress Trails. Everytime Houston floods, this stable is on the news showing people rescuing their swimming horses in flood waters. And they lose a few to each flood. The owner refuses to evacuate them until the last minute, and even then it's too late.

Their reputation is in very bad among other horse facilities in the Houston area for this exact reason.

We went out there for a trail ride using a groupon and their helmet supply is limited and in poor condition and the horses weren't much better.

Don't drive from College Station to this facility. It's not worth it.
"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Millican reserve has some equestrian trails I believe.
Inca
AG
Do you know how expensive hay, grain, farrier, vet bills, etc. are? Not to mention liability insurance. The cost of keeping a well cared for horse is not exactly cheap

And then you probably aren't going to have a lot of business in the winter But horses still eat then
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.