Where to buy new Ford or Lincoln?

1,798 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by saltydog13
nought
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Duh, a dealership.

Seriously though, I have heard horror stories about the local dealership. If you were in the market for a new Ford or Lincoln, would you shop here, Houston, Woodlands, Austin, etc.? Any specific recommendations?
Dennis Reynolds
Navasota
UmustBKidding
1stags connection at Tommie Vaughn in Houston. Post on the auto board he will forward you the contact info. Basically tell them what you want and they will tell you what they have and their best price or what it will take to order it. Lots of texags buys through his contact. They also have Dodge dealership in Columbus so will do the same on fca products. Basically good price with no hassle and painless.
ChampsAg
go to the automotive board and ask for 1ags
nought
AG
Tommie Vaughn appears to be Ford-only, so if I go that route that sounds like a good hookup.

What about Lincoln though? Any recommendations?
UmustBKidding
Post in auto, may be some personal recommendations. Also probably can get close to Lincoln features with top ford with some 3rd party adds. 1ags routinely adds things like entertainment systems upgrade from higher end cars.
barbara314tx
Brenham
SumAggie
UmustBKidding said:

1stags connection at Tommie Vaughn in Houston. Post on the auto board he will forward you the contact info. Basically tell them what you want and they will tell you what they have and their best price or what it will take to order it. Lots of texags buys through his contact. They also have Dodge dealership in Columbus so will do the same on fca products. Basically good price with no hassle and painless.

I would never give an auto dealer the price they are asking for without negotiating...
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
nought said:

Duh, a dealership.

Seriously though, I have heard horror stories about the local dealership.
Glad it wasnt just me.

I tried to buy from CS Ford last Fall. I prefer online and via phone but the person on the phone there didnt know anything at all about what she was selling.

INCREDIBLY nice lady. Just not informed at all on her product.

FYI: After test driving a RAM with Hemi, and talking to several owners, I went with the Ram. Very happy with it.
Have had great buying and service experiences at Henson Ford, in Madisonville. They were in the ballpark on price while we were on the phone this last time. Took a drive over and haggled it down even more. Was very happy with the price, experience and the employees involved.
75AG
AG
And they still screwed you
saltydog13
AG
AutoNation Ford Katy if you're wanting the lowest price.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.