new Middle School colors/mascots

6,582 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Stupe
91_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieMom_38 said:

because they rebranded from being a cat to being a really big cat. Waste of time and money and angst in the community and the outcome is still to be a cat (let's now add "bob" to a bunch of stuff and spend lots of money to do so). Writing this makes it salient to me how silly this rebranding exercise really is/has been

And it also promotes AMCMS connections to the high schools (although both of them) while the other MSs have their own identities and no connections to high schools (heck, if I were a Warhawk or Knight I may think it unfair that the other MS gets the cat connection...) . If we wanted each MS to have an independent identity, seems like not being a cat would make sense. But I truly don't care what they are - I just wish the time and money wasn't going to be spent on such silly things. But that ship has sailed.

It is middle school. Kids spend 2 years of their life in 7th and 8th grade and then move on. No kids will be permanently emotionally scarred because of what their middle school mascot was.

This is really getting out of hand with people investing this much time and effort with worrying about what your kids freaking middle mascot is going to be.

KaneIsAble
AG
^
^
^
What he said. The fact that I even read this and posted about it makes me sad. What a waste of time and money that won't mean anything to anyone attending these schools.
FeLahar
AG
right on Kane..."angst in the community"...seriously?! Some re-calibration is in order if they were really burning calories of angst over this.
nashvilleaggie11
It's actually infuriating that the school district is willing to spend $99,000 total on some stupid rebranding before spending money to instill measures that keep our kids safer in schools.
PS3D
nashvilleaggie11 said:

It's actually infuriating that the school district is willing to spend $99,000 total on some stupid rebranding before spending money to instill measures that keep our kids safer in schools.
That's what the mandatory picture ID program at AMCHS (instituted about ten years ago) was supposed to do, protecting students and faculties from people who weren't supposed to be there, and according to a story I heard from a teacher that's what actually happened (in the case of the Parkland shooter, he wasn't supposed to be there either), and there's safe shelter in place drills as well.

I'm pretty sure that all the CSISD schools have a "school resource officer" already. And I know that some students are probably bound for it anyway, but I've never heard of a "make schools safer" solution that doesn't make schools resemble prisons more and more.
Stupe
S
The middle schools and high schools have them.
w8liftr
How about mandatory morning marksmanship practice for all faculty and staff?
woodiewood1
Is the colors and mascot of a middle school that important to have issues with.

How many of us can remember our middle school colors and mascot?

Agmaker
woodiewood1 said:

Is the colors and mascot of a middle school that important to have issues with.

How many of us can remember our middle school colors and mascot?

Exactly....No, its not. Nonetheless, money, time and effort were just spent because someone does have/had issues. Wonder who ?
duffelpud
AG
Quote:

This comment pulls back the curtain of a much larger issue that goes all the way back to the beginnings of what we now call 'public' education, and the slow, frog-boiling mission-creep that it has become over the last 100 years - from being a small, one-room schoolhouse to now, being the largest employer in Brazos County behind A&M - funded by a Byzantine system that hides the forever increasing budget from those being taxed to pay for it.

There is so much wrong with the system as it has become, that short of chucking the entire thing out and starting over, I don't know what to do other than move to Kenedy County.

It's possible injection of competition into the system - privatization - could provide a solution - put an end to the huge, corporate mega campi with multiple layers of administration and replace them with numerous competing ones all vying for a much lower per-student tax payout. Parents could then pick schools like they pick grocery stores, albeit spending some of the taxpayers' money along with whatever they want to glom on to get their special snowflake into 'Football High', 'Ivy-League High', 'Future Failure High' or any other that addresses little Jane or Johnny's particular peccadillos.

"What's this button do?"
Stupe
S
91_Aggie said:

Stupe said:

And you just know that this is eventually going to reach Stupid Level: Epic and they will decide that the middle school kids can't wear the shirt of the high school they are going to attend in order to avoid "conflict and distractions and feelings of superiority"

FIFY
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.