That time of year again, political junk mail

3,341 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by InMyOpinion
Oogway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgFan131 said:

I want to vote against Raney due to his garbage mail. Only hear from the guy around election time...and he lives in my neighborhood. Ha!

Maybe when it isn't election time he is fulfilling his service?

I don't hear from the police unless I call them first....

AgFan131
Dumb. So...he only reaches out when he needs the old vote huh? Point is, I hate his junk mail. Laningham it is.
TellMeMore
So you only hear from him at election time. Have you asked him to do anything or reached out in any way and has he ignored you? I find it unusual would would not support him if all he is doing to asking for your support. OK, it's junk mail, throw it away.
woodiewood1
cs1 said:

City of College Station has political campaigning as a defense to its solicitation ordinance, so it is not illegal. I don't think the county has a solicitation ordinance for unincorporated areas. Free speech and freedom of association trumps any HOA rule or neighborhood entry sign when there is not a city/county ordinance prohibiting such.

Many city solicitation ordinances either exempt or include a defense for charitable, religious and political activities.

I've worked both ends of this as a former city employee and door-to-door campaigning for candidates. (Not at the same time, before anyone attacks).

Property rights should trump "free speech" because it is on private property and you have no inherent right to free speech on private property.

Personally I think no one should come onto private property without permission, a legal reason, or agreed upon by the owner.
Builder93
AG
I for one am thoroughly confused my the political mail. I get one and he has a cowboy hat and loving family...yes! vote for him! The next one he's grayed out and he hates true American values....Boo! I can't vote for him! And just as I have made up my mind, I get another smiling face under a cowboy hat and a vest! Yes! Vote for him. How is one to decide?
biobioprof
Junk mail is bad enough. Today I found something telling me who to vote for taped to my front door.
InMyOpinion
Thanks for the reminder to check my mail - it been a few weeks
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.