KAGS News is the worst

5,882 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by One Louder
One Louder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The KAGS newscast is such a **** show. The sound mixing is terrible, you can see the outlines of the anchors against the green screen, they frequently mismatch the graphic with the story the anchors are reporting on, and there's almost always an audio outage at some point. I think a junior high media class could do a better job.

I find myself watching it when I'm in the kitchen making dinner and it happens to come on after the national news and I'm too busy or my hands are too messy to change the channel. At that point, it becomes entertaining to see how many flubs they have. I wish someone would fix it because it's pretty embarrassing,
cz308
Just can't win here in BCS. KBTX on Directv just suck.
halibut sinclair
Bob
KidDoc
AG
The randomness of their mishaps makes it pretty entertaining. You would never see such entertainment in a major metro!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rsa
AG
KidDoc said:

The randomness of their mishaps makes it pretty entertaining. You would never see such entertainment in a major metro!
Agreed. Each night is like a new set of try-outs for Amateur Night!
duffelpud
AG
"What's this button do?"
duffelpud
AG
"What's this button do?"
duffelpud
AG
"What's this button do?"
Post removed:
by user
halibut sinclair
The anchors have gotten very jovial lately - laughing and cutting up and whatnot. It's like they know nobody's watching.
EBrazosAg
AG
Colin does the best job in town covering local HS sports - especially those not called "football"!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bcstx06
They have been doing the news here locally for 6 or 7 years now all in front of a green screen. I thinks its time to now build out a real studio and give KBTX some real competition. I wish KRHD would also have local news like they tried years ago.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Isn't this the station that used to do the sports standing in front of a poster of Kyle Field?
Sinuso
AG
All their commercials are for places in Waco or Temple. Drives me nuts. There's nothing in Waco worth going to or spending $$ on....
techno-ag
AG
It's hard to compete against that enthusiastic KBTX jingo Ch. 3 plays all the time.

"KBTX!"
One Louder
AG
Quote:

All their commercials are for places in Waco or Temple. Drives me nuts. There's nothing in Waco worth going to or spending $$ on....

The only commercials I ever pay attention to are Brazos Fellowship and Sew Vac City. They are both so loud and annoying.
One Louder
AG
Quote:

It's hard to compete against that enthusiastic KBTX jingo Ch. 3 plays all the time.

"KBTX!"

It's for you, it's for me....people who CARE!
woodiewood1
I watch KBTX weather just so I can hear the weather broadcasters say "double=nickels" and the Repo-Joe ads.

I pray for 55 degree days.
ontheedge
I prefer KAGS but leave after the weather. Low budget comes to mind but the on air folks try.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
One Louder
AG
Quote:

I know the guy who does them.... Gonna share this gem.

Does he do the Cap Rock commercials too? THEY'RE TOO LOUD.
91_Aggie
AG
I just don't understand watching local news for the weather. All they can do is give you a forecast based on the latest data they have at 5:20 or 10:20pm. You got better forecasting in your hand on your phone.
legalbird
really prefer jovial over the team that never smiles and looks like they are downtrodden

also the jovials keep their political views more hidden
b0ridi
From KBTX's Wright response today:

"Mr. Wright, Please obtain a higher table with a centerpiece. I find it offensive to see the women's dresses creep up their legs. Nor do I appreciate seeing the men below the waist."

Do the KAGS women show leg?
KidDoc
AG
One Louder said:

Quote:

I know the guy who does them.... Gonna share this gem.

Does he do the Cap Rock commercials too? THEY'RE TOO LOUD.
Username checks out!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I can never watch KBTX's 10pm news because they make me feel ashamed that I don't know where my children are.

It's 10 o'clock at night! How the hell should I know where my kids are ?
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
KidDoc said:

That is because the major metro made their mistakes already at small markets and moved on.

These people are not here because of the money. The old timers are still here because their spouse is the major income provider.

Give them a break. You have to start somewhere.
barbara314tx
I watch the first part of the "news" on KBTX, then quickly turn over to watch Bob do the weather on KAGS, and usually just stay there for sports. Bob is a much better weatherperson than any of the ones on KBTX, in my opinion.
oklaunion
GiveEmHellBill said:

I can never watch KBTX's 10pm news because they make me feel ashamed that I don't know where my children are.

Well, Pilgrim Little Lady, why not?
cz308
oklaunion said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Well, Pilgrim Little Lady, why not?
I'd avoid that dealership just because of their stupid commercials.
Carny89
All the "olds" that still watch the news...
Sleepnumber
AG
And all the clueless millennials who get their "news" from Facebook; and assume it's real
Kashchei
AG
barbara314tx said:

I watch the first part of the "news" on KBTX, then quickly turn over to watch Bob do the weather on KAGS, and usually just stay there for sports. Bob is a much better weatherperson than any of the ones on KBTX, in my opinion.

Is it freezing in Centerville?
Carny89
Millennials don't use Facebook. IG and tweet. Facebook is for the olds too.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.