Mexican food tonight

6,957 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mr_mo8268
Kitten With A Whip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jja79 said:

You're going to love Gringo's. Nothing says authentic like a cheese puff.
I just might! I dig a good cheese puff, but Casa Ole doesn't have them. Theirs is on a tostada.
rsa
AG
Kitten With A Whip said:

jja79 said:

I just might! I dig a good cheese puff, but Casa Ole doesn't have them. Theirs is on a tostada.
La Casita in Navasota did the puffed shells last time we were there.
The Anchor
AG
jja79 said:

We get it. You don't like Gringo's. I rarely pay attending to who posts what, but I think I've seen you bash Gringo's at least a dozen times here.
biobioprof
Eliminatus said:

halibut sinclair said:

Anyone ever been to Taquerias Arandas on Texas in Bryan? Their menu has some interesting items, but I haven't given them a try.
They are good. I would not call them the best but I found them competitive on all aspects with the others listed here.
I agree and it's one place we go to. But IIRC, years ago they got slammed on this forum after this happened
Quote:

Police shot and killed a man Sunday night as he tried to flee a Bryan restaurant that he and two accomplices had just robbed, authorities said.

Gunfire also wounded two others -- a man identified by police as a second robbery suspect and a male employee of Taqueria Arandas on South Texas Avenue. A third suspect and possibly hostages were believed to still be inside late Sunday while officers kept the restaurant surrounded, police said.
That's from 2004.

AggieBarstool
Kitten With A Whip said:

I still like our trusty Casa Ole for some good ol' Tex Mex... Enchiladas, tacos, fajitas, rice, beans, red and green sauce, etc. Standard Mexican fare that tastes good! There's good reason why they are still open after 30+ years in B/CS. If this is what you're looking for, this is the place I recommend.

I will say that I used to LOVE Gina's and Los Nortenos downtown. They had really great standard Tex Mex Mexican food, but both are long gone. Casa Ole fills that void for us.

Eww, no. Just, no.
Kitten With A Whip
ABS, you're always so negative. No one asked you!
jja79
AG
Don't take everything so seriously. I guess I should have used this winky face.
legalbird
if you don't mind waiting, go to Chuys..crowd overflowing so you may have to stand outside and wait for your table

many other places have no waiting and you can get seated right away
AgsWin2011
AG
How have we gotten to page 2 and nobody has mentioned Polly's? Love that place.
DimeBox17
AG
Polly's, formerly Mi Cocina, had been my family's Mexican food staple since I was old enough to remember. That old Bryan location right off Hwy 21 was where I practically grew up. Parents loved it. Parents split and we stopped going there. After I moved across town closer to campus, I began going to the only location left off of Rock Prairie. Still the same as it's always been. Salsa hasn't changed a bit. Best menu item IMO is the beef fajita enchilada plate.

Same as all other suggestions here though, some will say it's gross and some love it. My friends that knock it are the same ones who love chuys. Vice versa.
AgySkeet06
AG
Builder93 said:

Casa Rod is overrated.

I think Jesse's or La Carreta is the most authentic South Texas Tex Mex in town but neither are open for dinner.
La Carreta is open for dinner on Friday Nights only
hoodlum98
AG
My personal favorite is coco loco on welsh ave. Right now from A&M Consolidated.
Chris98
AG
Jose's is our Sunday, after church, go to
MelsSass
My husband loves the ribs at El Sol De Mexico and has been after me to go eat there with him, so I caved yesterday and went......I was so disappointed!!! I ordered a soft fajita taco with rice and beans on the side...Without hesitation I can honestly say it was not only the coldest plate of food I have ever paid money for AND it was the most flavorless meal I've ever eaten!!!
LightningDammitt
AG
There is a new place in Bryan... Cilantro. Very good food, The Fish Cilantro is AWESOME!
Tim Weaver
hoodlum98 said:

My personal favorite is coco loco on welsh ave. Right now from A&M Consolidated.
I was just about to post this. I can't believe it hasn't come up yet. 2 Tacos and stick a fork in me, I'm DONE. Coco Loco ftw....

Also, the Salsa Verde is very (spicy) hot and very very good.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Lupe Tortilla or GTFO
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.