Small electronic or hobby store in town?

1,369 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by snaglepuss
Bob2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With the loss of Radio Shack and the RC store (by Spec's), is there anywhere in town to get resistors, transistors, etc, etc?
Amazon has it all, but waiting 2 days for a transistor bytes.
Hammerheadjim
AG
Nothing in town.
There are two Radio Shack Franchises nearby. One in Franklin and one in Brenham.
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
UmustBKidding
Mouser and allied electronics are next day with ups ground shipping. Ace and electronic parts outlet in Houston for I must have and am willing to drive. There is an electronic shop in the physics department if you are affiliated with tamu you can access.
A couple of the electronic loons locally check with each other to share the shipping cost, typically place mouser orders a few time a week. We also keep some stock. If need something specific email my username at conspiracy
Dotnet
Would like to get the maker space to stock some parts so experimenters have local parts source
BCStalk
Franklin is the closest Radio Shack. Other than that we have nothing. Frys is where I have to go now to get parts for work. I typically use McMaster, Galco, Automation Direct and Amazon for things I don't need immediately. McMaster is by far the best hands down on availablility and delivery(always next day). They also have an amazing app.
Post removed:
by user
Goose83
AG
Nope. Midstate was the last real electronics store in down, and it's been gone for a couple of years now.

As for Radio Shack, they haven't been a true electronic store for years, so I doubt the remaining ones will be of much (if any) help.

Mail order is your only friend now.
techno-ag
AG
Amazon Prime.
Koko Chingo
AG
That's a good suggestion, have a maker space stock some basic parts.

A few basic op-amps, transistors,diodes. Etc..

Even with a markup it would still be worth it . I do mouser and allied for most things. But if you just need an opamp or basic IC, the shipping is 3x more than the parts.
snaglepuss
Drive to Fry's in Houston or Austin...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.