Our little slice of Vegas

3,862 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LOYAL AG
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I stop by the Oaks Food Mart a couple times a week to buy ice and other sundries. Occasionally I have gone by and the front door has been locked but the "Open" sign is on and there are cars parked in front but nobody in the store. When this happened I'd chuckle to myself and dream up various funny scenarios where nefarious activities were being carried out in the back. Little did I know how close I was:

http://www.theeagle.com/news/crime/four-charged-after-police-report-finding-slot-machines-at-bryan/article_e0a963c0-0daa-11e8-a35a-436d272be445.html

Adnan there is my guy, and his mug shot is just about the same as his normal facial expression. If only I had known that I could have had the glitz and glamor of Las Vegas without having to get on a plane!

Edit: wrong emoji, meant to be a smiley face. TexAgs and ipad posting don't mix.
Oddity
Belton Ag said:

I stop by the Oaks Food Mart a couple times a week to buy ice and other sundries. Occasionally I have gone by and the front door has been locked but the "Open" sign is on and there are cars parked in front but nobody in the store. When this happened I'd chuckle to myself and dream up various funny scenarios where nefarious activities were being carried out in the back. Little did I know how close I was:

http://www.theeagle.com/news/crime/four-charged-after-police-report-finding-slot-machines-at-bryan/article_e0a963c0-0daa-11e8-a35a-436d272be445.html

Adnan there is my guy, and his mug shot is just about the same as his normal facial expression. If only I had known that I could have had the glitz and glamor of Las Vegas without having to get on a plane!

Edit: wrong emoji, meant to be a smiley face. TexAgs and ipad posting don't mix.

Adnan is a really funny guy! The amount of hate he has for that job is hilarious. Whenever I go to the best Chinese restaurant in town (Wokamole) I occasionally stop by the store for a good laugh with my friend Adnan. Sad to see this happen to him.
Love Gun
Patel used to own the Oaks, and he also got busted.
Belton Ag
AG
That little strip of road on 29th has brothels and gambling. I'm telling you, just like Vegas.

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Owners-seek-eviction-after-another-arrest-at-Rose-Spa-469060013.html
carpe vinum
AG
That explains it then. I stopped by a few times over the past few months during normal hours and it was closed about half the time.
AggieBarstool
Quote:

the best Chinese restaurant in town (Wokamole)
Wait, wait, wait, did you really just say that $***hole is really the best Chinese in town? Lulz.
Oddity
AggieBarstool said:

Quote:

the best Chinese restaurant in town (Wokamole)
Wait, wait, wait, did you really just say that $***hole is really the best Chinese in town? Lulz.

Not even close. Actually, don't take my word, there is a regular from China who says the same thing: They have the Best egg rolls in town by the way.

No other place comes close. They actually have two menus; one for Americans and the Chinese menu that has traditional Chinese food.

No other place comes close to Wokamole. Unless you like generic Americanized Chinese food that is.
carpe vinum
AG
Accurate username is accurate.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Man, my office is near both those places. To think: the fun I missed.
EVA3
AG
I went to Vegas a few months ago. I remember thinking how much it reminded me of East 29th Street.
Oogway
Needs more bling....
BrazosDog02
AG
Hahaha...the durn illegal gamblin' mosheens. For you know, they gonna be smoking crack and singin' and daincin'. Eunice, get on that thar horn and call law!

Post removed:
by user
AggiePirate
AG
Adnan kinda looks like Will Forte
techno-ag
AG
It happens. Back in the day one of the sheriffs got busted for gambling. There was a place out by the Bryan airport that had some gaming tables set up.
halibut sinclair
Love Gun
techno-ag said:

It happens. Back in the day one of the sheriffs got busted for gambling. There was a place out by the Bryan airport that had some gaming tables set up.

Ah, yes. Ronnie Miller. That dude wasn't a dirty cop, but, man he didn't practice what he preached. Got arrested for DWI a couple times too. I seem to remember a sheriff getting busted for fishing with dynamite in the 80's also
LOYAL AG
AG
Well thank God we have the police to save us from slots and ****s. Don't know how we'll ever be able to thank them. What a colossal waste of resources.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.