Basic space to rent for a party this weekend

1,790 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LightningDammitt
TxAggies2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We're throwing a surprise party and it looks like the head count got larger than we want at the house we were planning...right around 28 folks.

Is there a nice affordable room or place anyone knows of to rent for a party like this? Not a big event or anything so we don't need anything fancy. We'd be providing food and drink, etc.

TIA
DBSwooper
TxAggies2012 said:

We're throwing a surprise party and it looks like the head count got larger than we want at the house we were planning...right around 28 folks.

Is there a nice affordable room or place anyone knows of to rent for a party like this? Not a big event or anything so we don't need anything fancy. We'd be providing food and drink, etc.

TIA
Check with Wings N More on Deacon for their party room (it's the building in the parking lot). We've rented it for a couple of functions over the years and have been surprised at the low cost (comparatively) and ease of use.
TxAggies2012
I was thinking about that, but wondering if they allow you to bring your own food & drink. Do you know?
DBSwooper
TxAggies2012 said:

I was thinking about that, but wondering if they allow you to bring your own food & drink. Do you know?
I don't recall the specifics, but I seem to think that was an option.
techno-ag
AG
Maybe reserve a pavilion at one of the parks?
TxAggies2012
techno-ag said:

Maybe reserve a pavilion at one of the parks?

We thought about it but Saturday calls for on and off rain & drizzle and we have some older folks who will be there so unfortunately that's a no-go.

Currently deciding between squeezing into the house or contacting Wings n More unless anyone knows of other spots.

I appreciate the suggestions!
bobinator
AG
How big is your yard? You might be able to rent a tent from party time rentals that would give your house some extra space? Just thinking outside the box a bit. They have tents with sides also I think.

momlaw
AG
City of CS Parks & Rec
has rental space at Southwood Valley and Wolf Pen Creek.
I've been at events in WPC Green Room.
momlaw
JeepWaveEarl
AG
CG 2 event center?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
TxAggies2012
currently talking with CS Parks & Rec about the southwood space. if not we'll move to CG 2 event center.

Thanks y'all! Those are perfect ideas.
LightningDammitt
AG
The Cowboy (on Finfeather in Bryan has a party room... Nort sure on prices, but it might be a good option... and they DO let you bring your own food/drinks.
AggieBarstool
C&J's in Bryan (near downtown) has a party room similar to the Wings-N-More suggestion.
TxAggies2012
I should have thought of C&J.

The P&R sites were either booked or not enough advanced notice, and the party room at W&M was slow to respond so we booked with The Knox Gallery & Wine Depot for their event room and they gave us extremely competitive prices, so we were happy to spend a bit more than what the W&M room would have cost/hr to now have it in a great location as i've been to events there before.

Thanks to Valerie over there for helping us out on such short notice.
bobinator
AG
LightningDammitt said:

The Cowboy (on Finfeather in Bryan has a party room... Nort sure on prices, but it might be a good option... and they DO let you bring your own food/drinks.
Oh my god yes. I assume it's probably free. Hell they might pay you to have a party at the Cowboy.
selk
AG
Smitty Ks on Hwy 30
LightningDammitt
AG
bobinator said:

LightningDammitt said:

Oh my god yes. I assume it's probably free. Hell they might pay you to have a party at the Cowboy.

Lol! What was that about 'party-time" blow-up toys in your back yard?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.